Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
regina_jy said:
@ hamedsilent... Congrats.... but how would one know that is has 'actually" moved to Local office? Any change in the status that indicated LOT?
What form was the LOT? A letter in a grey envelope? Or a change in the online status?

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regina_jy said:
@ hamedsilent... Congrats.... but how would one know that is has 'actually" moved to Local office? Any change in the status that indicated LOT?
Thank You, I called them today and they told me it has been transferred on March 27th. You just need to simply call to confirm

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
@ Atif Akbar

Thanks for your guidance.

I didnt travel outside canada in last 4 years, actually since march 2007 I didnt make any travels at all. So do you think I need to order CBSA report or not?

Regards

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today. My file is still at Sydney and background checks are in process. :'( :'(

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Guys,

When i checked my ecas yesterday, "Received" line was disappeared, i can see "In Process" only.

I will try to call CIC next week to see if my file is transferred to local office or still in Sydney. I guess it will further clarify if there is any link between the two (i mean disappearance of "Received" line and LOT)

Spreadsheet has been updated as well.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
Guys,

When i checked my ecas yesterday, "Received" line was disappeared, i can see "In Process" only.

I will try to call CIC next week to see if my file is transferred to local office or still in Sydney. I guess it will further clarify if there is any link between the two (i mean disappearance of "Received" line and LOT)

Keep us posted.
Thanks

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
Guys,

Hi @aamer43
Did you get a chance to call CIC ... just curious if we can confirm that disappearing of received line has some significant or just a roamer
thanks

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Today I called CIC and was told that the process to transfer my file to the local office started on March 27th, 2014. The agent was very friendly.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@atifakbar,

No, i wanted to call them during my break but the wait time was longer than i expected so couldn't get hold of a representative. I will keep you guys updated.

It is really nice to see that spreadsheet is updated with LOT for some members.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll ask my husband if he can call and ask about his application this week or early next week. I don't think I can call on his behalf...

aamer43

May 6, 2009
scylla said:
I'll ask my husband if he can call and ask about his application this week or early next week. I don't think I can call on his behalf...
Yes he has to call himself, you won't be able to call on his behalf.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just saw an update posted by one of the forum members (in another discussion topic)
As per him/her Received line was disappeared on 30th of March but he/she confirmed with CIC on April 10 and his/her file is still in Sydney. Not yet transferred ….
So it seems our assumption is not correct here???. May be his/her background checks are completed and Received line disappeared

Thanks

ghumank

Mar 17, 2014
Hi all,

I am December 2013 applicant and I have updated my info in the sheet as well.
Best of luck future Canadians... 8)

klaudya123

Apr 10, 2014
Hi, I applied on December 2013, here is my timeline.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship on December 17, 2013.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book on December 17, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2014.
4.We sent you a letter Request for fingerprints by Edmonton Office on March 25, 2014.
5.CIC Edmonton received my fingerprints April 09, 2014

I feel kind of heart broken after seen all the messages about the time delays at the Edmonton office; and after they request my fingerprints I'm afraid they sent my application to the non routine pile :'(

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klaudya123 said:
Hi, I applied on December 2013, here is my timeline.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship on December 17, 2013.
2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book on December 17, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2014.
4.We sent you a letter Request for fingerprints by Edmonton Office on March 25, 2014.
5.CIC Edmonton received my fingerprints April 09, 2014

I feel kind of heart broken after seen all the messages about the time delays at the Edmonton office; and after they request my fingerprints I'm afraid they sent my application to the non routine pile :'(
klaudya123,

This is impressive timeline actually. Did 1 to 4 above show on your ECAS or in the mail? It is a bit odd that Edmonton office sent you a fingerprint request as most of the time it is originated from Sydney. Do you know if your file actually transferred to Edmonton?