Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Samji have you mailed the Passport? what's your Ecas showing is it still in Process?(for the applicant)?
Turn701, I think you will get Visas first since you mailed the passport before(If m not wrong). I am curious to know how long Dar takes to stamp the passport.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
peron said:
Wow good news here,congs guys ,keep us in ur prayers !mine has been in process since 30th may 2015,it's almost a year!it was first received in da Nairobi office on 25th March 2014,but it's now in Dar!we are being sponsored with our 6year old daughter byy husband!"we started processing ur application on 30th May 2014"(dats da status)up to now stil waiting
Since you are one month after me. and you will be making 17 months in August, I think in this Month of May you will get something from Dar Visas Office.Courage.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Deesavids said:
This mng i have recieved very bad news from dar es salaam they want us to prove that our mariage is genuine nd nt f9r the purpose of immigration in 30 days can any one pliz tell me if they have been thru this and if so wat to send them pliz.
Need yo help and prayers this time
I am sorry about that situation. have you ever ordered your notes to know what the Officers think about you? what's your timeline again?
I will not repeat most of things since most of them my fellow mentioned them to you.(emails, bills, skype, facebook,whatsap etc..).
when we are convinced that our relationships is genuine we feel bad about immigration. but believe me, now I understand them.I have been reading some stories here where some applicants get visas and they change their mind, saying that they are no longer in the union.I don't mean that this is your case, I mean that ituation like this should let us understand why sometimes immigration are doubting.
Back on your case, they are some facts you need to consider.
1.your and your partner are you married? if yes for how long do you know each other, especially before your mariage.if for example you provide proof of relationship and all of them are for after your mariage or after you send your application, it will be hard to convince them.make sure every single proof you had before you sponsor your parner you include it.also if your partner is close to your family this can help.(like they have good communications). in whatever yu send keep in mind that the proof before you sponsor count much than the proofs after you applied. example If I called my wife last month. it count less that If I can show that eve in last 4 years we were communicating. also if you had a wedding, the number of attendence, the family memebers who attended is very important. some people say that even letter wrote by friends and families who know both of you well, are useful.

All the best and Courage,God will make your ways.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Yup, they have received it. Now waiting. The status is still in process. I am wondering the same thing. I wonder how long they take to stamp and return the passport.

lonelyguy said:
Samji have you mailed the Passport? what's your Ecas showing is it still in Process?(for the applicant)?
Turn701, I think you will get Visas first since you mailed the passport before(If m not wrong). I am curious to know how long Dar takes to stamp the passport.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
samjj2 said:
Yup, they have received it. Now waiting. The status is still in process. I am wondering the same thing. I wonder how long they take to stamp and return the passport.
Okay I was wrong.I thought you had not yet even sent it, that's why I was thinking that Tun701 will be the one to get the Visas. first.
Let's hope by next week you will have it back.if they operate as Nairobi exactly, once they stamp it , you will see the status chaning to DM, even before you get the passport back. did you send prepaid envelop as well?was it with DHL or...

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
I keep checking the status everyday. Will let u know once it changes to DM. I sent it with DHL and a prepaid as well. Once the return tracking number is activated, will updated here.

lonelyguy said:
Okay I was wrong.I thought you had not yet even sent it, that's why I was thinking that Tun701 will be the one to get the Visas. first.
Let's hope by next week you will have it back.if they operate as Nairobi exactly, once they stamp it , you will see the status chaning to DM, even before you get the passport back. did you send prepaid envelop as well?was it with DHL or...

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Deesavids said:
Thanks expectin
Instead of phone cards as many suggested, maybe if you can contact the phone companies about getting the call logs (history) and also detailed information about the owner of the phone lines.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Also, when you got married, do you still have invitation cards and the wedding pamphlet/program? Maybe you could also get the officiant to write a letter as well? Include wedding photos, engagement (if there). I included our introduction, wedding, even the bride price information (i.e. budget, communication between two parties, agreement of payment, photos, etc.)

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Just checked processing time for ours.....changed by a HUGE margin, what's up?????

It went from up to 22 months, to 17 months and now 26 months???
When we first applied (December 2015) it showed 22 months but two-three months ago it changed to 17 months.
I was curious when I saw this thread and now it shows 26 months!?!??!?!

What is up?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hi all, just wanted to updated you all with some good news. Got the pp back today with the visa.
Dar VO worked fast for the final step.
They received the passport on Monday, DHL picked up the shipment on Wednesday and I got it in my hands today (Thursday).

Good Luck to you all and hopefully you will get ur visa soon.
Just an advice to u all who haven't got PPR yet -in the letter they didn't request for a prepaid return or didn't even mention about one. However I sent one and because of that I believe they returned the passport back very quickly.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Congratulation Samji. I am very happy for you. you really merit this good news. now I hope you are buying the ticket soon. me I won't wait even a week.My wife sent the polie original since I thought this might be the one that delayed our PPR, and now it's delivered today.
Happy reunification. :) :).

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
skwan said:
Instead of phone cards as many suggested, maybe if you can contact the phone companies about getting the call logs (history) and also detailed information about the owner of the phone lines.
Some people mention abput phone calls, but it is true that phone bills are better since they show who and who, and on which phones. but prepaid card, do not show where they where bought, who bought them or who used them, any one can take them and just attach them, for me too I attached my phone bills when they requested more info.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
skwan said:
Just checked processing time for ours.....changed by a HUGE margin, what's up?????

It went from up to 22 months, to 17 months and now 26 months???
When we first applied (December 2015) it showed 22 months but two-three months ago it changed to 17 months.
I was curious when I saw this thread and now it shows 26 months!?!??!?!

What is up?
Sorry about that situation.I guess you might be from Uganda. otherwise countries like Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi remained on 17 months. Kenya is 20 months. there is one thing you should know. Immigration goes with statistics. wether we have a good case or not. they every year plan how many people they will let in, including limits by geographic locations.that's why countries like India , the process takes longer. if they open the doors they can't be able to manage all the new comers.it should have a rythm that they are ready to manage and integrate.on one hand I understand them, but on the other hand they should understand that the more a family stays separated , the more there are risk that that family will not even continue. I saw cases where after the applicant come in a few months after divoorce happen. or the wife comes pregnant for another man, or things like that.I think they need to get more solutions that cann work for both the country and the couples.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
lonelyguy said:
Sorry about that situation.I guess you might be from Uganda. otherwise countries like Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi remained on 17 months. Kenya is 20 months. there is one thing you should know. Immigration goes with statistics. wether we have a good case or not. they every year plan how many people they will let in, including limits by geographic locations.that's why countries like India , the process takes longer. if they open the doors they can't be able to manage all the new comers.it should have a rythm that they are ready to manage and integrate.on one hand I understand them, but on the other hand they should understand that the more a family stays separated , the more there are risk that that family will not even continue. I saw cases where after the applicant come in a few months after divoorce happen. or the wife comes pregnant for another man, or things like that.I think they need to get more solutions that cann work for both the country and the couples.
Just great! *sarcasm*
Just praying that the visa comes out. I was encouraged last week but after seeing this, it has discouraged me a bit. We really want to go! Would it help if we sent a copy of our son's citizenship and passport? We didn't send it earlier because when we applied, it was in the process so we only submitted the receipt

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Just great! *sarcasm*
Just praying that the visa comes out. I was encouraged last week but after seeing this, it has discouraged me a bit. We really want to go! Would it help if we sent a copy of our son's citizenship and passport? We didn't send it earlier because when we applied, it was in the process so we only submitted the receipt
The part that seems weird to me is why is Uganda 9 months longer than the other countries Dar handles? I could see a month or two but 9 is a lot. My only explanation is by chance more Uganda applications in the past have needed interviews so that lengthens the time for the slowest 20%. It's definitely disappointing to see but highly doubt ours will take that long.

It might save a little bit of time by sending the citizenship papers so they don't have to ask for it. But they won't speed up the application just because your son is a citizen.

Have you ordered notes yet? I did and just got them a few days ago. Absolutely nothing has been done since Dar received it so that's disappointing but not surprising.