+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
samjj2 said:
Hi all, just wanted to updated you all with some good news. Got the pp back today with the visa.
Dar VO worked fast for the final step.
They received the passport on Monday, DHL picked up the shipment on Wednesday and I got it in my hands today (Thursday).

Good Luck to you all and hopefully you will get ur visa soon.
Just an advice to u all who haven't got PPR yet -in the letter they didn't request for a prepaid return or didn't even mention about one. However I sent one and because of that I believe they returned the passport back very quickly.
That was quick :) Congratulations to you! All the best as you begin your new life together in Canada. Thanks for the tip.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Thank You!! Currently shopping for tickets.
Wish you all the best. Hope you hear something soon.

lonelyguy said:
Congratulation Samji. I am very happy for you. you really merit this good news. now I hope you are buying the ticket soon. me I won't wait even a week.My wife sent the polie original since I thought this might be the one that delayed our PPR, and now it's delivered today.
Happy reunification. :) :).

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Thank You!! Wishing you all the best too. Hoepfully u will be united with your spouse soon. :)
MNM2015 said:
That was quick :) Congratulations to you! All the best as you begin your new life together in Canada. Thanks for the tip.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Great news Samjj!! I am glad they are finishing it off fast! Hoping my husbands is back next week! Can hardly wait!!

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Thank You! Hopefully he will get it back asap. Have they received the pp?
Tun701 said:
Great news Samjj!! I am glad they are finishing it off fast! Hoping my husbands is back next week! Can hardly wait!!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
The part that seems weird to me is why is Uganda 9 months longer than the other countries Dar handles? I could see a month or two but 9 is a lot. My only explanation is by chance more Uganda applications in the past have needed interviews so that lengthens the time for the slowest 20%. It's definitely disappointing to see but highly doubt ours will take that long.

It might save a little bit of time by sending the citizenship papers so they don't have to ask for it. But they won't speed up the application just because your son is a citizen.

Have you ordered notes yet? I did and just got them a few days ago. Absolutely nothing has been done since Dar received it so that's disappointing but not surprising.
I'm thinking of getting my notes later, going to wait it out a bit first after I'm done with my studies. Maybe sending a copy of our son's citizenship and passport will make the process quicker?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Hi house.just to update you that my wife received PPR this morning.all thanks to the most almighty God.
@Samji and Turn701 can you share with me in brief how you did everything? instructions are so many and I don't want miss anything. like last time we just emailed police and didn't mail the original.I think that's why the PPR took a bit longer, untill they we mailed the original, 4 weeks later.
My wife went to renew her PP, because instructions say it should be one year valid, and hers is remaining with a few months to expire.
Good luck to all of you that still waiting as well. I hope the recent progress in Dar encouraged you guys. :).

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
That's good news!!@lonelyguy! We followed Samjj lead! We did what the instructions said. Printed off the letter they sent, got 2 pictures done,put the passport and everything altogether in one envelope as the instructions said. My husband also purchased a prepaid return envelope from DHL and put it in with everything else. Then you have tracking numbers for DHL to see when they receive it and they will call you when it comes back. My husband is in Arusha so this was the fastest and easiest way for him to do it! Good luck! You only have 30 days to submit so hoping that your wife's passport renewal doesn't take long!!

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Congratulations!!!! Sooo happy for you. Finally it's your turn.
So basically, you need to print out a copy of the letter, and get 2 photos done. Make sure you follow the proper instructions for the photo that they attached to the pdf link. As for the 2 photos it's a different size then the medical photo. They also want the Name, DOB, Photo studio name and address you took from (the studio can stamp that info) and the date the photo was taken. You have to write that info at the back of 1 photo. I had taken a ruler with me to measure the photo as the studio ppl don't really listen to you and I ended measuring the photo and they cut it smaller. They were like it's fine n all but I was like no u have to reprint it to the exact size they require, so they did that. Just be careful with the photo size as I have heard a lot of cases where by they return the photos and ask for proper sizes again. N ur passport. So those 3 things.

Since your wife is getting her passport renewed, you also need to inform them about the renewal as I believe it's stated online. During the process, was in the same situation, we had sent a letter to Nairobi saying about the new passport number with a copy of the old and new pp. However once we got the remed, realized our file was also transferred to Dar. When we sent the remeds and police check we also included that letter again saying about the new passport number and also sent a copy of the old pp and a copy of the new pp.
Since ur wife will now have a new passport number from what they Hv on file and from what her meds report states, I suggest you include a letter explaining that the validity of the passport was for only a few months so got a renewal done and this is the new passport number. Send photocopy as well. It's upto u now if you wish to do this but we had done it. Just wanted to share.

Once you put everything in the envelope, don't completely seal the envelope as when u go to DHL, u have to ask for returning the pp from the embassy to the DHL office. The DHL person will fill out another form (prepaid) for returning it from the embassy and will put that paper in your same envelope. Then you can seal your envelope properly. Don't forget before the DHL puts the paper in your envelope just copy down the tracking number. Using that tracking number you can always check online to see if it's activated. As my tracking number got activated first, then I received the passport and then a few days later the status changed to decision made. It's takes a longer time for the status to change. Just track online, n once u see it's arrived at the facility just call them or go pick it up. I didn't wait for them to call me. I just tracked online n saw it was arrived and just went to DHL and the package was there.

That sums up everything. Sorry for the long message. If you need any more help or questions just ask me. :)
Wishing you all the best with your life and for your reunion.

Lonelyguy said:
Hi house.just to update you that my wife received PPR this morning.all thanks to the most almighty God.
@Samji and Turn701 can you share with me in brief how you did everything? instructions are so many and I don't want miss anything. like last time we just emailed police and didn't mail the original.I think that's why the PPR took a bit longer, untill they we mailed the original, 4 weeks later.
My wife went to renew her PP, because instructions say it should be one year valid, and hers is remaining with a few months to expire.
Good luck to all of you that still waiting as well. I hope the recent progress in Dar encouraged you guys. :).

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Tun701 said:
That's good news!!@lonelyguy! We followed Samjj lead! We did what the instructions said. Printed off the letter they sent, got 2 pictures done,put the passport and everything altogether in one envelope as the instructions said. My husband also purchased a prepaid return envelope from DHL and put it in with everything else. Then you have tracking numbers for DHL to see when they receive it and they will call you when it comes back. My husband is in Arusha so this was the fastest and easiest way for him to do it! Good luck! You only have 30 days to submit so hoping that your wife's passport renewal doesn't take long!!

Thanks Turn701. I really appreciate your time.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
samjj2 said:
Congratulations!!!! Sooo happy for you. Finally it's your turn.
So basically, you need to print out a copy of the letter, and get 2 photos done. Make sure you follow the proper instructions for the photo that they attached to the pdf link. As for the 2 photos it's a different size then the medical photo. They also want the Name, DOB, Photo studio name and address you took from (the studio can stamp that info) and the date the photo was taken. You have to write that info at the back of 1 photo. I had taken a ruler with me to measure the photo as the studio ppl don't really listen to you and I ended measuring the photo and they cut it smaller. They were like it's fine n all but I was like no u have to reprint it to the exact size they require, so they did that. Just be careful with the photo size as I have heard a lot of cases where by they return the photos and ask for proper sizes again. N ur passport. So those 3 things.

Since your wife is getting her passport renewed, you also need to inform them about the renewal as I believe it's stated online. During the process, was in the same situation, we had sent a letter to Nairobi saying about the new passport number with a copy of the old and new pp. However once we got the remed, realized our file was also transferred to Dar. When we sent the remeds and police check we also included that letter again saying about the new passport number and also sent a copy of the old pp and a copy of the new pp.
Since ur wife will now have a new passport number from what they Hv on file and from what her meds report states, I suggest you include a letter explaining that the validity of the passport was for only a few months so got a renewal done and this is the new passport number. Send photocopy as well. It's upto u now if you wish to do this but we had done it. Just wanted to share.

Once you put everything in the envelope, don't completely seal the envelope as when u go to DHL, u have to ask for returning the pp from the embassy to the DHL office. The DHL person will fill out another form (prepaid) for returning it from the embassy and will put that paper in your same envelope. Then you can seal your envelope properly. Don't forget before the DHL puts the paper in your envelope just copy down the tracking number. Using that tracking number you can always check online to see if it's activated. As my tracking number got activated first, then I received the passport and then a few days later the status changed to decision made. It's takes a longer time for the status to change. Just track online, n once u see it's arrived at the facility just call them or go pick it up. I didn't wait for them to call me. I just tracked online n saw it was arrived and just went to DHL and the package was there.

That sums up everything. Sorry for the long message. If you need any more help or questions just ask me. :)
Wishing you all the best with your life and for your reunion.
Thanks Samji, That is really very clear, thanks too much for taking the time to explain all that. I had been thinking to include the copy of the old passport but was hesitating, but now you reinforced my decision. Thanks. but I did't understand about the medical photos are 3 or medical photo is one of the 2..
Did your husband arrive?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Thanks peron , I hope your turn is not too far as well.
@Turn701, The passport won't take long.My country's immigration I think they are the fastest passport processing in the world. Imagine she applied yesterday she was given appointment to pick it today.I didn't plan it would be that fast.I knew they don't take long but was expecting like 3 days at least.
You have no news yet from Dar?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
For the photos, you have to send 2. I was just saying that these 2 photos for the PR are different size then the photo that was required during the remedical time. These 2 photos you have to send are bigger in size. More like passport size (50mm by 70mm). Make sure u check the pdf link they have given on the PPR email they sent you. From these 2 photos you send, at the back of 1 photo must have the details written on it. (Name, DOB, the date photo was taken, have the studio stamp it with their name and address) on it. When they send you the Copr, it have one of these photos attached to it and the other photo the embassy keeps.
I hope I am more clear now. Let me know how it goes.

Welcome! :)

No he hasn't yet, but in a few weeks. He has to wrap up for his work and stuff.

lonelyguy said:
Thanks Samji, That is really very clear, thanks too much for taking the time to explain all that. I had been thinking to include the copy of the old passport but was hesitating, but now you reinforced my decision. Thanks. but I did't understand about the medical photos are 3 or medical photo is one of the 2..
Did your husband arrive?