February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
tati00 said:
yes you're right .. she got her ppr and both me and my husband are going crazy how come they aren't even answering the phone in the embassy while others are getting their applucation done !! we're are waiting the mp to give us some clues about this maybe next week !!
Tati, someone got their ppr from beirut VO, under spousal sponsorship?? Lebanese decent?? Please please advise!!!! thank-you!!

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Hi everyone,

I just sent the following email to Jason Kenney's staff (jason.kenney@parl.gc.ca) to arrange a meeting with them. Anyone who was considering emailing him, now would be a good time, saying you support the intention of myself and others to meet with them. I get the feeling that they will give me the runaround (at least for now) unless some of you email him as well.

Dear the Rt. Hon. Jason Kenney,

I am a Canadian citizen and resident of Waterloo, Ontario, and I am sponsoring my Jordanian wife for permanent residence since January 2011.

I would like to arrange a short meeting with your parliamentary staff in Ottawa to provide a first-hand account of the problems I and at least 20 others have experienced with the spousal sponsorship process since early 2011, with specific reference to the embassy in Damascus, which saw its 80% processing time go from 9 months to 14.

As you can see from the distance that I am willing to travel and miss work for, this issue is very important to me and I anticipate you will be able to accommodate me soon. I am available to meet with your staff as early as Friday, April 13.

Sincerely,

<my contact info>

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

I just sent the following email to Jason Kenney's staff (jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca) to arrange a meeting with them. Anyone who was considering emailing him, now would be a good time, saying you support the intention of myself and others to meet with them. I get the feeling that they will give me the runaround (at least for now) unless some of you email him as well.

I am a Canadian citizen and resident of Waterloo, Ontario, and I am sponsoring my Jordanian wife for permanent residence since January 2011.

I would like to arrange a short meeting with your parliamentary staff in Ottawa to provide a first-hand account of the problems I and at least 20 others have experienced with the spousal sponsorship process since early 2011, with specific reference to the embassy in Damascus, which saw its 80% processing time go from 9 months to 14.

As you can see from the distance that I am willing to travel and miss work for, this issue is very important to me and I anticipate you will be able to accommodate me soon. I am available to meet with your staff as early as Friday, April 13.

Sincerely,

<my contact info>
Jay,

I'm a bit lost. What's ur suggestion? R u saying that we (as ex-damascus applicants) write an email, addressing Jason Kenny to say that we are facing difficulties with the increase in spouse sponsorship processing time?
Btw, as an applicant am I allowed to do so or it should be done by my wife who is a pr?

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
siavashf said:
Jay,

I'm a bit lost. What's ur suggestion? R u saying that we (as ex-damascus applicants) write an email, addressing Jason Kenny to say that we are facing difficulties with the increase in spouse sponsorship processing time?
Btw, as an applicant am I allowed to do so or it should be done by my wife who is a pr?
Hi siavashf,

Whoever is residing in Canada should send the email, as you can mention that you are either a resident or citizen.

Generally, as a Member of Parliament, his staff will usually only meet with constituents or lobbyists with big pockets, of course.

However, since our issue is within his responsibility as a Minister, we could expect a response with enough people contacting him.

I do suggest sending a brief email of only a few paragraphs describing the problems, and you can mention that you support a meeting with his staff, that I, Jason Erb, have requested in my email today.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ &amp; JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
heyyyy....did u by any have to go for an interview in ankara turkey? and if yes how long did they take to give you a reply back and ask for ur passport??????....

eli1985 said:
Dear Kamal
Thank you for letting me join the group.
Application sent :24 February 2010
App arrived at Mississauga: 1 March 2010
Approval For Sponsorship:24 March 2010
Application Received at Damascus Office:30 March 2010
Start Progressing :30 March 2010

Best of luck for everyone.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
I got this response in just an hour and 20 minutes. Note they say they do not meet with "individuals" and not "groups."

I put the offer out there to go, so if anyone wants to join me, let me know, and then I will email them again, saying a group of us wants to meet with them.

In the meantime, note their offer to pass on anyone's concerns to CIC if you email them with your full information.

=========
Hello Mr. Erb,

Unfortunately, our Parliament Hill office does not meet with individuals who have concerns about immigration. It would be best to contact your local Member of Parliament and request a meeting with them.

Alternatively, you can write an e-mail to our office outlining your concerns and include the applicants full names, date of births and file numbers. Our office would forward this information to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for further review and a reply.

Sincerely,

Ishwara
Members Assistant
Office of the Hon. Jason Kenney, PC, MP
Calgary Southeast

JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

I just sent the following email to Jason Kenney's staff (jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca) to arrange a meeting with them. Anyone who was considering emailing him, now would be a good time, saying you support the intention of myself and others to meet with them. I get the feeling that they will give me the runaround (at least for now) unless some of you email him as well.

Sincerely,

<my contact info>

htraboul

May 27, 2011
nairyd said:
Tati, someone got their ppr from beirut VO, under spousal sponsorship?? Lebanese decent?? Please please advise!!!! thank-you!!
I am going to lebanon on april 26, I hopeI can get some news from the embassy on the spot

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
htraboul said:
I am going to lebanon on april 26, I hopeI can get some news from the embassy on the spot
Well, I hope we can get any kind of info before April 26! My moms really close friend, shes like my aunt, lives in Lebanon and shes Canadian so I told her to go to the embassy next week and see if she can get any answers! Ah, i dont know! I just want to know if tati is sure that a Lebanese actually got their ppr from the VO recently...

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
JayJ said:
Hi siavashf,

Whoever is residing in Canada should send the email, as you can mention that you are either a resident or citizen.

Generally, as a Member of Parliament, his staff will usually only meet with constituents or lobbyists with big pockets, of course.

However, since our issue is within his responsibility as a Minister, we could expect a response with enough people contacting him.

I do suggest sending a brief email of only a few paragraphs describing the problems, and you can mention that you support a meeting with his staff, that I, Jason Erb, have requested in my email today.
Hi all the readers of this email.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WRITE THE MINISTER ON THIS ISSUE. THE MINISTER DEOSN'T HAVE ANY CONTROLL OVER THIER MISSION OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE IT DOESN’T WORK. THE ONLY EFFECTIVE MEANS IS YOUR MP. HE CAN SPEEDUP THE PROCESSING AND FIND OUT WHY THE DELAY ON YOUR APPLICATION. THIS WILL DEFINATLEY WORK FOR YOU.

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
POLICAP said:
Hi all the readers of this email.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WRITE THE MINISTER ON THIS ISSUE. THE MINISTER DEOSN'T HAVE ANY CONTROLL OVER THIER MISSION OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE IT DOESN'T WORK. THE ONLY EFFECTIVE MEANS IS YOUR MP. HE CAN SPEEDUP THE PROCESSING AND FIND OUT WHY THE DELAY ON YOUR APPLICATION. THIS WILL DEFINATLEY WORK FOR YOU.
did they seed up ur process\?or where they help full to u?

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
hello dear friends hope ure all doing good ...missmini...sohrab ...A+M .....arezou and everyone else...i hope u get ppr's very soon give me news.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Ramz27 said:
hello dear friends hope ure all doing good ...missmini...sohrab ...A+M .....arezou and everyone else...i hope u get ppr's very soon give me news.
hi Ramz!!! it's good to hear from you:) how are you doing? We all seem to be frustrated here... The new VOs don't seem to be in a hurry ... Or rather are bombarded with applications. The transfer is taking longer to organize than expected. I still hope and pray every day for all of us to reunite soon with our loved ones. Some days are harder than others. But everything for a reason and we will make it through these difficult times!
Thank you for checking on us!! I hope everything is well for you and you and your husband are enjoying ever single second together;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello to all my old dear friends and to the new ones too,
HAPPY HOLIDAY AND HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY AND GREAT EASTER
I hope this holiday season will bring your families together and please dont loose hope and keep on praying

In regard to write to the minister it may not help at all but what it does, they send a request to cic office that is handling your cases and ask for a feed back where is your file and they will email you back with estimate time nothing exact. the same for your mp if his secretry is kind enough and willing to help she can get info within a week while for the minister office may take up to 3 weeks to answer you back.

Being said so, it will not speed the process but will tell you an estimate time on what is going on,

good luck everyone miss you all and Happy holiday to you and to your families