+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
I would like to ask something. After positive lmo can I move immediately and take the work permit in canada or at the boarders?
Thank you

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
I would like to ask something. After positive lmo can I move immediately and take the work permit in canada or at the boarders?
Thank you
It depends on whether or not you need a temporary resident visa or if you need a medical check for your job. If you don't need any of these, then you can get your work permit at the border.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
one of my friends and myself got refused with our restoration because of LMO not getting back on time and still on the process. My previous employer had his LMO application rejected many times and that lead us to be out of status. Luckily I am qualified for Family Sponsorship and I can stay here in Canada while my application is on process.

I hope it will not happen to those who are waiting for their LMO right now.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Hi everyone,
My employer submit an unamed LMO (NOC 2173) for Alberta about 11 weeks ago, the lawyer insists that it is taking 10 weeks in average, even I called Service Canada yesterday and they mention 8 weeks!! I have seen guys on this forum waiting for 6+ months, so are theses cases abnormal or it's really that is everyone is suffering?

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unnamed LMO tends to be processed faster, but still the current processing times are as high as 28 weeks for 2173 NOC NAMED LMOs.

So, sit down and wait, because it may take a while. Sorry.

I've been waiting for almost 26 weeks now. It's a nightmare. :'(

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
minusham said:
Hi
The details about ur work experience can be provided in the lmo cover letter. I provided the letter wit my application. Its important as far as i thnk becoz it will prove that ur the best fit for the position
Hi, I am on PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit).Exempted from advertisement process completl. I am working for last 10 months as a "Web Developer"(NOC 2175A) and my company have applied for my LMO. Its a huge retail organisation. My LMO is submitted on 20th January 2014 from Toronto Ontario.

I have submitted cover letter like u mentioned and all the required details....As per you how long should it take to receive the results. Another thing my wages are 20% below the median range however I have got Bonus,Dental,medicines and Pension benefits. Will that help. Secondly I am working in small city where sufficient survey for wages couldnt be done for Noc 2175A...so they asked to check for provincial wages....Will this work in my favour.. I am worried seeing the thread and delays on LMO......Please advise on above querries...Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Pinnaak

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

I am on PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit).Exempted from advertisement process completely. I am working for last 10 months as a "Web Developer"(NOC 2175A) and my company have applied for my LMO. Its a huge retail organisation. My LMO is submitted on 20th January 2014 from Toronto Ontario.

I have submitted cover letter with my experience, job description and all the required details....My wages are 20% below the median range however I have got Bonus,Dental,medicines and Pension benefits. Will that help. Secondly I am working in small city where sufficient survey for wages couldnt be done for Noc 2175A...so they asked to check for provincial wages....Will this work in my favour.. How long will the process take when I am already employed? I am worried seeing the thread and delays on LMO......Please advise on above querries...Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

nzsr_786

Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Nomination.....
07-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
02-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06.12.2014 (Alhumdulillah)
LANDED..........
SOON
Hi Guyzz..just to give you an idea about processing time.. I have got my LMO approved for Saskatchewan yesterday (25th Feb 2014)..application was submitted in last week of November..so RELIEVED now !!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nzsr_786 said:
Hi Guyzz..just to give you an idea about processing time.. I have got my LMO approved for Saskatchewan yesterday (25th Feb 2014)..application was submitted in last week of November..so RELIEVED now !!
Good for you. Meanwhile, I've been waiting much longer than that for a Saskatchewan LMO. I just called my employer yesterday and he still doesn't have it and his application was sent at the beginning of October.

nzsr_786

Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Nomination.....
07-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
02-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06.12.2014 (Alhumdulillah)
LANDED..........
SOON
THANK U AND GOOD LUCK TO U AS WELL..HOPEFULLY U WILL GET IT SOON. !

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Pinnaak said:
Hi,

I am on PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit).Exempted from advertisement process completely. I am working for last 10 months as a "Web Developer"(NOC 2175A) and my company have applied for my LMO. Its a huge retail organisation. My LMO is submitted on 20th January 2014 from Toronto Ontario.

I have submitted cover letter with my experience, job description and all the required details....My wages are 20% below the median range however I have got Bonus,Dental,medicines and Pension benefits. Will that help. Secondly I am working in small city where sufficient survey for wages couldnt be done for Noc 2175A...so they asked to check for provincial wages....Will this work in my favour.. How long will the process take when I am already employed? I am worried seeing the thread and delays on LMO......Please advise on above querries...Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, as per Program Requirements in Service Canada, your wage must be higher or within median wage in the specific Province or city where the job is located. I've been in your shoes before, our LMO was denied 3 times. The main issue is the minimum wage is not met...it should be within or higher than median wage in your specific NOC CODE. It's a mess...One of my friends went home because he was out of status because of the LMO refusal many times. Service Canada are very strict and if the employer didn't follow the Program Requirements then the chance of you getting a positive LMO is slim to none. Sorry to tell you..You can visit the Service Canada Website and see it yourself...Goodluck!

ramrey5264

Jun 6, 2013
My employer apply for the LMO since last October.He already had a call from service Canada..Any body knows how long it takes to have the LMO after this call?..

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
ramrey5264 said:
My employer apply for the LMO since last October.He already had a call from service Canada..Any body knows how long it takes to have the LMO after this call?..
LMO's are unpredictable right now...I guess there's a backlog because of the new Program Requirements.All you can do is hope and pray that your LMO turns out Positive. I hope your employer follows the Program Requirements for LMO application since Service Canada are very strict!

Shivers6

Feb 27, 2014
Hey, just to put some input on here.. I am a diesel mechanic been offered job in vancouver BC. LMO processed on 31st October 2013, still not processed! Been told by employer and lawyer that we are in the later stages of the process and another 2-3 weeks should be done. But I'm not taking anything for granted at the moment! I've noticed a lot of ppl on here speaking of a NOC code.. Unfortunately I don't know mine, has anyone seen any other posts for diesel mechanics on this website? Also I have been sent my work permit forms and told I can apply at port of entry, I don't know if this helps anyone? But I will post again if the 2-3 weeks I've been told is true ;) good luck to all that are waiting !!