+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current LMO processing times Jan 2014

Mimay

Mar 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

I got my LMO confirmation letter after less than 3 months. It was applied September last year and was approved December.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mimay said:
Hello everyone,

I got my LMO confirmation letter after less than 3 months. It was applied September last year and was approved December.
What's your NOC and which province is your job in?

Also, could you be more specific about the dates when the application was submitted and when the LMO was received? The time frame that you're quoting could well be more than 3 months. For example, you could have applied in early September and could have gotten the LMO in late December. That could be anywhere from 9 - 15 weeks. However, based on your wording of "less than 3 months", I'm assuming that it took between 9 and 12 weeks. A three-week difference is still a lot of time, so can you be more specific as to how long you were waiting. I'm actually approaching the 9th week of waiting for an LMO and I would be exponentially more satisfied to have it on the 9th week rather than the 12th.

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the "confirmation number" after LMO application?
I will need that number to apply for work permit in order to get an implied status.

Thanks!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
angeland said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the "confirmation number" after LMO application?
I will need that number to apply for work permit in order to get an implied status.

Thanks!
Hi,

You can ask the confirmation number or the mailed confirmation from your employer that they sent an LMO Application in Service Canada. Ask for a copy .

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

You can ask the confirmation number or the mailed confirmation from your employer that they sent an LMO Application in Service Canada. Ask for a copy .
Unfortunately my boss is still working on the application due to a delay in the accounting stuff. That's why I would like to have an idea how much buffer time we have, as my work permit is expiring end of April.

Is applying online a better choice when it comes to a pressing timeline? (I suppose the confirmation number will be available once application submitted?) thanks.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
angeland said:
Unfortunately my boss is still working on the application due to a delay in the accounting stuff. That's why I would like to have an idea how much buffer time we have, as my work permit is expiring end of April.

Is applying online a better choice when it comes to a pressing timeline? (I suppose the confirmation number will be available once application submitted?) thanks.
If your employer send your application already, yes you can ask him the Confirmation/Application Number. Service Canada will send him the Confirmation Email about the Application.

If you apply online and you didn't the submit the positive LMO they will refuse you within 3-4 weeks. My friends had the same predicament as yours, If you have a refusal letter, you have 90 days to restore your status. One thing that you can do is submit your work permit in Paper. So, you have an ample time to wait for the LMO application( the processing time is 8 weeks above) then if you have positive LMO, you just have to call the CIC about the confirmation number.

P.S. You can ask the letter from your employer that your LMO is on process to go with your application even if there's no Confirmation Number.
My friend went home because he was out of status, hes Restoration was refused. Our employer got denied 3 times...
Hope it helps!

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
If your employer send your application already, yes you can ask him the Confirmation/Application Number. Service Canada will send him the Confirmation Email about the Application.

If you apply online and you didn't the submit the positive LMO they will refuse you within 3-4 weeks. My friends had the same predicament as yours, If you have a refusal letter, you have 90 days to restore your status. One thing that you can do is submit your work permit in Paper. So, you have an ample time to wait for the LMO application( the processing time is 8 weeks above) then if you have positive LMO, you just have to call the CIC about the confirmation number.

P.S. You can ask the letter from your employer that your LMO is on process to go with your application even if there's no Confirmation Number.
My friend went home because he was out of status, hes Restoration was refused. Our employer got denied 3 times...
Hope it helps!
"If you apply online and you didn't the submit the positive LMO they will refuse you within 3-4 weeks. "
---> I am kind of confused since CIC website says applicant will have implied status until the LMO results is known? 3-4 weeks is definitely not enough to get the results, so submitting work permit in paper won't buy any time?

"Our employer got denied 3 times..."
---> Did they give any reason? I am working in the company for 10 months already, makes any difference?

Thank you so much!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
angeland said:
"If you apply online and you didn't the submit the positive LMO they will refuse you within 3-4 weeks. "
---> I am kind of confused since CIC website says applicant will have implied status until the LMO results is known? 3-4 weeks is definitely not enough to get the results, so submitting work permit in paper won't buy any time?

"Our employer got denied 3 times..."
---> Did they give any reason? I am working in the company for 10 months already, makes any difference?

Thank you so much!
Hi,

Once you will file your extension and the Visa Officer finds out that you do not have Positive LMO they will refuse it straight away( my friend applied last January 15 and she got a refusal letter sent to her on January 30th) It's crazy...It doesn't matter if your employer has been submitted/processed your LMO. If it reached in CIC and looked at by VO they will refuse you. It is based through experience. We are in Skilled Work Noc Code (LPN,RN) but they refused it even the LMO was already submitted in Service Canada.

It doesn't matter if you work in the Company for 10 months. I was working in my previous company for 2 years but they still refused my Work Permit because our Employer couldn't provide positive LMO.

I think the best thing that you can do is to apply for Paper Application and ask your employer a letter that they are processing your application to go with your Work Permit application. I've been in this kind of situation before, got depressed because of Refusal letter but luckily I have a wonderful partner who helped me and applied for Family Sponsorship(Common-Law and been living together for 1 yr and 6 months)...If not for him, I have to go back home since they refuse my Restoration and thats the last bet. If that is failed, then you have to apply in your home country or if your visa-exempt...you can do flagpoling in the Border...Apply for Visitor's Visa if your LMO application takes time, so you will not be Out of Status...

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

Once you will file your extension and the Visa Officer finds out that you do not have Positive LMO they will refuse it straight away( my friend applied last January 15 and she got a refusal letter sent to her on January 30th) It's crazy...It doesn't matter if your employer has been submitted/processed your LMO. If it reached in CIC and looked at by VO they will refuse you. It is based through experience. We are in Skilled Work Noc Code (LPN,RN) but they refused it even the LMO was already submitted in Service Canada.

It doesn't matter if you work in the Company for 10 months. I was working in my previous company for 2 years but they still refused my Work Permit because our Employer couldn't provide positive LMO.

I think the best thing that you can do is to apply for Paper Application and ask your employer a letter that they are processing your application to go with your Work Permit application. I've been in this kind of situation before, got depressed because of Refusal letter but luckily I have a wonderful partner who helped me and applied for Family Sponsorship(Common-Law and been living together for 1 yr and 6 months)...If not for him, I have to go back home since they refuse my Restoration and thats the last bet. If that is failed, then you have to apply in your home country or if your visa-exempt...you can do flagpoling in the Border...Apply for Visitor's Visa if your LMO application takes time, so you will not be Out of Status...
Thanks for the info!

I am already in Canada, but it seems that the paper submission is only available for those outside Canada?

Restoration of status can be refused as well? that sounds scary... :eek:

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
angeland said:
Thanks for the info!

I am already in Canada, but it seems that the paper submission is only available for those outside Canada?

Restoration of status can be refused as well? that sounds scary... :eek:
You can apply for paper or online. Goodluck!

Lissa

Mar 10, 2014
Hi guys. I'm waiting for my name to be put in LMO, in Saskatchewan. My employer applied on Feb 26. I know that the processing time for that is minimum 5 days. Does anyone has any experience with this? I don't know when to expect my LMO to be done, next week or in a few months...?

Thanks

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Hi Lissa i am for Regina also Sk and my employee applied 21th November 2013....still waiting
So you can calculate yours

tarek_ai

Mar 10, 2014
LMO approved.

application date: 23 December 2013
province: Ontario
NOC: 2173

all the best for everyone waiting

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarek_ai said:
LMO approved.

application date: 23 December 2013
province: Ontario
NOC: 2173

all the best for everyone waiting
Awesome!!!! Also, I didn't think that they were still accepting applications near Christmas Day.