NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
Ronaldonyx said:
Advertising takes 3 weeks. My brother-in-law recently applied for LMO and received it yesterday; it took only approximately 8 weeks.
What Province and NOC code?
Week 24 for me now for BC (IT Professional). :mad:

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BHAVESH27 said:
HELLO GUYS
CAN ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG TIME AFTER E MEDICAL FOR CANADA WORKPERMIT
That depends on where you're applying for your work permit. Different visa offices have different processing times.

wwkjl39

Feb 10, 2014
Looks like many of us struggle with the ridiculous processing time for LMO.

I applied on 15 Aug, 2013 and here I am. I think it's going to be the 25th week this Thursday. I lost count, to be honest.

I'm giving it another two or three weeks. If the government doesn't like my application, they should reject it! Seriously, I'd be happily rejected right after I filed my application rather than having to wait more than 20 weeks for the LMO.

So for those who waited less than 25 weeks, just be patient. It may be a longer battle than you expect. And I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one.

tnash

Feb 11, 2014
I am also waiting since last 24-25 week :mad:...
Applied on 27 August
Code Software Engineer
Province ON

Honmeh

Dec 1, 2013
tnash said:
I am also waiting since last 24-25 week :mad:...
Applied on 27 August
Code Software Engineer
Province ON
waiting for more then 30 weeks.... IT professional for ontario....

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Anyone NOT an IT Professional nor a Live-in Caregiver in BC?

My employer will be sending out my application this week or next, would like to find someone who is similar to my situation.
Thanks!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxxam said:
What Province and NOC code?
Week 24 for me now for BC (IT Professional). :mad:
Whoa with the anger emoticon. I totally understand your anger and it's sad to see that things have gotten to this point. I feel the same way as I am also miffed at how this country is probably subtly telling us that it doesn't want us working for them and paying our fair share of taxes. The key word here is "probably" since I really doubt that xenophobia is the reason why LMOs are taking so long (as it's also hurting Canadian employers/businesses). However, these wait times are really making people like me paranoid enough and miffed enough to believe anything concerning why it's taking so long.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angeland said:
Anyone NOT an IT Professional nor a Live-in Caregiver in BC?

My employer will be sending out my application this week or next, would like to find someone who is similar to my situation.
Thanks!
Well, here's my luck so far. I am a fast food counter attendant and my LMO is in its 17th or 18th week. Honestly, I lost count and I'm really beginning to question my estimates of when the LMO application was lodged. I'll call and ask my employer later today for the exact day. Either way, it's still upwards of 14 weeks.

Also, I just called Service Canada a few hours ago. They said that LMOs take a MAXIMUM of 16 weeks unless there's a serious backlog OR if they need to do further investigation into specific employers/businesses. Now, I'm really beginning to question how clean or shady my prospective employers are since their LMOs are taking so darn long. There better be a backlog that's not too serious to keep me waiting for too much longer. I'd rather have that than a shady employer who has little chance of getting an LMO. Chances are that it's probably the backlog since my employer just got approved for 5 LMOs a few months ago after waiting for only 12 weeks(too bad my name didn't end up on those ones).

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Guys,

Who ever is applying going to apply for LMO's I would say hold on to it. ALMO is soon gonna be back Max by April end as per Minster Jason kenney This is because most of the MNC's have complained that, due to the delays in LMO either they are losing business as they are unable to get the right resources on time and some businesses have to outsource their jobs.

I would say hold on to your horses. Below are the links...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1073021/skills-shortage-causing-anxiety-for-canadian-businesses/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-revise-foreign-worker-rules-as-employers-complain-of-delays/article16510288/

Thanks
Thomas

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
But ALMO only works for companies who have successfully received a positive LMO in the past 2 years, right?

My employer has only done once in the past and the application was not successful (the salary wasn't high enough, so this time they make sure everything works out). I just wonder whether the previous negative LMO affects my application?

Thanks!

Thomas1987 said:
Guys,

Who ever is applying going to apply for LMO's I would say hold on to it. ALMO is soon gonna be back Max by April end as per Minster Jason kenney This is because most of the MNC's have complained that, due to the delays in LMO either they are losing business as they are unable to get the right resources on time and some businesses have to outsource their jobs.

I would say hold on to your horses. Below are the links...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1073021/skills-shortage-causing-anxiety-for-canadian-businesses/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-revise-foreign-worker-rules-as-employers-complain-of-delays/article16510288/

Thanks
Thomas

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Thank you for the info!

16 weeks is good compared to all others in this thread. I guess you are located in the northern/north-western part of BC?

I am in the lower mainland, since there are a lot of applications in the IT field and live-in caregivers, I suppose there is a backlog.
Just not sure if they put everything in one line, or they will treat them separately according to industry and job nature.

stopDA said:
Well, here's my luck so far. I am a fast food counter attendant and my LMO is in its 17th or 18th week. Honestly, I lost count and I'm really beginning to question my estimates of when the LMO application was lodged. I'll call and ask my employer later today for the exact day. Either way, it's still upwards of 14 weeks.

Also, I just called Service Canada a few hours ago. They said that LMOs take a MAXIMUM of 16 weeks unless there's a serious backlog OR if they need to do further investigation into specific employers/businesses. Now, I'm really beginning to question how clean or shady my prospective employers are since their LMOs are taking so darn long. There better be a backlog that's not too serious to keep me waiting for too much longer. I'd rather have that than a shady employer who has little chance of getting an LMO. Chances are that it's probably the backlog since my employer just got approved for 5 LMOs a few months ago after waiting for only 12 weeks(too bad my name didn't end up on those ones).

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
angeland said:
But ALMO only works for companies who have successfully received a positive LMO in the past 2 years, right?

My employer has only done once in the past and the application was not successful (the salary wasn't high enough, so this time they make sure everything works out). I just wonder whether the previous negative LMO affects my application?

Thanks!

Angeland,

That is correct according to the old rule, however bcoz of the crackdown in the TFW program am sure 2013 many companies did not apply for LMO's and even if they did, most of the application after April 2013 are pending, hence the i do not think they can keep that 2 year rule if they resurrect the ALMO atleast till the next year, bcoz most of the companies will not be eligible ALMO.

Having a negative LMO for the company, will have a impact on your current LMO application, hence make sure everything is in place.

Overall the Government is feeling the heat bcoz of companies moving their business out of Canada.

Thanks,
Thomas