+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing US to Canada Border need help please!

herson

Aug 16, 2017
Guys look at my comment who need more help,

I am USA border now want to cross with my family please help. I came from Philippines we have all proof just want to know what will happen when we will cross illegal from USA to Canada please give me brief details thanks. we have 5 family member with kids. We are here as Tourist visa and want to go Canada for refugee status please do share your advice thanks

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Guys look at my comment who need more help,

I am USA border now want to cross with my family please help. I came from Philippines we have all proof just want to know what will happen when we will cross illegal from USA to Canada please give me brief details thanks. we have 5 family member with kids. We are here as Tourist visa and want to go Canada for refugee status please do share your advice thanks
you have to apply for refugee status in the US. if you enter Canada illegally you would be arrested

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not true. There are exceptions to the safe third country agreement. However, given the number of approved refugee cases from the Philippines (13% average, one of the lowest acceptance rates) I suspect a claim would probably result in rejection and removal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not true. There are exceptions to the safe third country agreement. However, given the number of approved refugee cases from the Philippines (13% average, one of the lowest acceptance rates) I suspect a claim would probably result in rejection and removal.
Agreed with the above. Refusal is the most likely outcome. Far better off to apply through Express Entry or another economic program.

herson

Aug 16, 2017
I have comment there but no one reply me yet so I saw this and post.
I do have very strong reason I will explain you my self then you can tell me please I was running my business back home peacefully but because of Gang people a big group who have net work in in my country they stop and took over, they beat me & try to kill me but somehow I am save to scape. I went police station and a lot more,, they took my son and after been paid big amount I got him back, they beat all of my family, I was in hospital 9 days. I went to police and try to make case but they didn't help me since they are control by him. In my city I was able to make case but it didn't help.

After I have left my country 8 years ago and working as a Manager in Dubai, I have family here and my children born here too, During my 8 years I went only 2 times to my country just to meet my parents. we hide our self and stay little time, now in Dubai we are illegal here almost 4 months since my job has gone I was searching but couldn't able to succeed, after that I plan to travel in USA and cross with my little kids and wife to see my sister who is working in Canada as work permit. Please do let me know if she can come and take me it will help or no. I am on visit visa in USA with my family and we didn't apply asylum here since my sister is there on work permit do you think she can help us with all proof we have.
Thanks need fast assistance please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think there's a good chance CIC will view you as an economic immigrant - meaning someone who isn't a real refugee but is trying to immigrate for economic reasons. One of the main challenges is that you've been outside of your home country for 8 years. So to CIC, it may very well look like you moved elsewhere (Dubai) and then when your time ran out there, you decided to try for refugee status in Canada. I would really explore applying for PR through Express Entry instead. I think refugee status may be a hard sell.

herson

Aug 16, 2017
Sir Scylla,
Aftre couple month of jobless i went to my country.I have back to my country stayed 4nd a half month but they have found me again and asking money and life threaten so after 4 months I moved to other part but the group did let me stay I couldn't able to find job back home, they try to kill me again. Its very poor life. On my job I have visited USA before when my life was totally fine, in 2017 Jan I was in USA with my family As Tourist And we stay and went dubai
This all problem happen after I loss my job and I went to my country.
after all this happen I decided to go USA and then Canada.
Still you think I have less changes even I have proof of my passport I went and my family and other proof what happen to me.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Sir Scylla,
Aftre couple month of jobless i went to my country.I have back to my country stayed 4nd a half month but they have found me again and asking money and life threaten so after 4 months I moved to other part but the group did let me stay I couldn't able to find job back home, they try to kill me again. Its very poor life. On my job I have visited USA before when my life was totally fine, in 2017 Jan I was in USA with my family As Tourist And we stay and went dubai
This all problem happen after I loss my job and I went to my country.
after all this happen I decided to go USA and then Canada.
Still you think I have less changes even I have proof of my passport I went and my family and other proof what happen to me.
The proof is not ground enough, why don't you try ee immigration?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agree with Scylla. Criminal activities aren't viewed as reasons for asylum. That and the extended stay i the ME will work against you. Taking the the time to apply through EE is a smarter move as a failed refugee claim would likely close any future opportunities for immigration in the future. The high rejection rate of Philippine immigrants leads me to believe that, given your reasons, they will reject your claim. Alternately, you should consider claiming in the US. They have the highest acceptance rate for Philippine refugees.

hussancaca

Aug 22, 2017
Dear Sir
I have a similar case to this gentleman and I am from Pakistan, I have a family with me here in New Jersey, we are here as visitor visa last year 2016.
now we are in the USA again and want to cross the border since I didn't claim asylum here because my sister is leaving in CANADA as a work permit. I have problems back home threat to my family life with proof. Please advise someone here on the USA border told me they will be crossing as illegal so Canadian police will catch them and take them in custody for 48 hours after they can claim Asylum? Is that true?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Crossing the border without a visa and at any place other than a point of entry is illegal. If you have valid reasons, and it is actually your sister ( not step sister), you are exempt from the Safe Third Country agreement. If you cross illegally, it is likely you will be detained, at least temporarily. If you don't have proper identification, you can be detained indefinitely until your identity is established and you are proven not to be a risk. Be advised, if your basis of claim is simply a criminal issue, your claim will likely be refused and you and your family removed from Canada. Make sure you understand the requirements of claiming asylum before you claim it. It's a long (years) process.

hussancaca

Aug 22, 2017
I have real sister and I will cross illegally how they will detained me I am not criminal I have a very good track record in Dubai. I have good Sales Manager experience. I have got problem in back home which I have evidence proof. I have told if I cross and go police will catch me on the border and take me to the custody and after 48 hours of back ground checkup they will allow me to make a refugee claim. Please help sir.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I have real sister and I will cross illegally how they will detained me I am not criminal I have a very good track record in Dubai. I have good Sales Manager experience. I have got problem in back home which I have evidence proof. I have told if I cross and go police will catch me on the border and take me to the custody and after 48 hours of back ground checkup they will allow me to make a refugee claim. Please help sir.
If you have a sister with a valid work permit in Canada, you have an exemption to safe 3rd country agreement so there is no need to cross illegally. Just go to a real border crossing to claim asylum and give CBSA all your sister's info.