+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing US to Canada Border need help please!

hussancaca

Aug 22, 2017
Thank you very much sir for ur kind reply. She'll I go real border police sir they will not send me USA police back. Yes sir Real sister thanks for ur kind reply. After claiming asylum they will let me go to her or I have to find my own house ? How long it took to claiming asylum and how long the procedure will take my friend told me 3 months everything will be find and my decision will be made. What if I make asylum.

My kids can go school
Or they can get health insurance
Or I have to pay
While asylum I need work permit or no
If I need work permit what is the procedure
How long it will take.
The government will pay me anything or shell I ask them I will manage my self since I have saving.

Do I need to pay tax please reply.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Current processing times for asylum in Canada is 22 months,although I expect that time to increase very soon. Your kids will have health care and be able to go to school after they make the initial assessment on your claim, if it's accepted. You should be able to stay with your sister. You will also be able to get a work permit after the initial assessment. The government provides very little in the way of money to support you, so you will likely need to use your savings until you find a job.

hussancaca

Aug 22, 2017
Sir my last question is I was having some political issues in back home since my brother was in one political party. After when he resign from them they start making problem for us. In this my brother have left the country and settled in another country. They never come and we didn't able to meet till today it's almost 12 years now. After they make problem for our family members so all of us distracted they have beaten me and was suppose to kill but I scape with my kids. We went to dubai and start working as a managerial level. After 9 years I have to go back since I lost my job and I was facing the same problem. They burn my house and car and attempt to murdur but after 7 days in hospital I survived. I made police case and change my city but still they have found and took my son after been paid huge amount I left and went USA it's been here almost 25 days. I do have proof documents and pictures to show them how was my life during in dubai and when I went also. Do you think my case of asylum will be accepted or do u need to show them more proof. I don't want to go anyother place since we are scared that they will kill us. Please advice thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
ill start with things I think will work against you. Prepare yourself for questions like this. Remember, they will follow up on documentation and stories you provide.

You spent 9 years in Dubai, but didn't make an effort to immigrate anywhere else or claim asylum. (They will ask you why)

25 days in the US, but you made no effort to claim asylum there or in Canada? Why the wait?

What is the nature of your political issue? Is it a leadership/internal party problem? Or have you decided that the party no longer suits you and they are trying to force you to convert. Internal struggles probably won't be seen as suitable grounds.

Things you will need.

Police reports if you have them. Just saying that something happened isn't as strong a proof as having police reports.

List the actions you took and dates, when it started, how it started, when did you move, where did you move, when it was reported to the police. Have them for their review.

Focus on the events in Pakistan, not Dubai.

As for the chance of acceptance, it's very difficult to say. Pakistan has an acceptance rate for refugees of between 50 and 75%. I suspect a lot of those claims being accepted are for religious persecution. Understand that you can never return to Pakistan while you are a refugee or PR, regardless of the reason. Returning would be seen as re-availing yourself to the protection of Pakistan and can often result in your status being revoked.

If you can, have your sister meet you at the border crossing g you choose. Avoid the illegal crossing.