+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing Illegally.

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
Hello I want to know, if a person go to Canada by crossing Illegally from USA and he came to USA by Student visa. Will the Canadian authorities get this information from USA. There are many international students who cross Canada illegally. Arent Canadian authorities aware of this ? Doesnt USA share the information of immigrants crossing USA to Canada ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Immigration history is shared between Canada and the US. Their entire US history is available to IRCC to review.

Jun 11, 2018
Yes they share info and remember if you are thinking to seek asylum in Canada or no just for extra info for you, canada will send you back to usa in the best case because the third safe country is always use here

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
Yes they share info and remember if you are thinking to seek asylum in Canada or no just for extra info for you, canada will send you back to usa in the best case because the third safe country is always use here
What if a person is under 18 ?

Jun 11, 2018

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In the worst (most likely) case, they will deport you back to your home country of citizenship. The USA doesn't have to readmit someone who is not a USA citizen and has crossed illegally. So, unless you are a genuine asylum seeker with a valid basis of claim, do yourself a favour and don't....

Just to add. If you try the asylum route, it's pretty much going to be the end of any possibility of obtaining a visa again.

Last edited:

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
In the worst (most likely) case, they will deport you back to your home country of citizenship. The USA doesn't have to readmit someone who is not a USA citizen and has crossed illegally. So, unless you are a genuine asylum seeker with a valid basis of claim, do yourself a favour and don't....
I’m a citizen of Afghanistan. I’m 17 years old and i can come minor which is one of the exceptions for crossing illegally. Since I’m a bright student I’ve been many events and due to this It put into danger. I have received death threats and the worst thing is I lived with my family in remote areas and there is no army or police. I have concrete evidence of prosecution. There are 7 or 8 countries in Canada’s expedited policy Afghanistan is also included in. So taking my situation into account. Will they let me in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I’m a citizen of Afghanistan. I’m 17 years old and i can come minor which is one of the exceptions for crossing illegally. Since I’m a bright student I’ve been many events and due to this It put into danger. I have received death threats and the worst thing is I lived with my family in remote areas and there is no army or police. I have concrete evidence of prosecution. There are 7 or 8 countries in Canada’s expedited policy Afghanistan is also included in. So taking my situation into account. Will they let me in Canada.
Where are you now? If you are in the USA, you should claim there.

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
Where are you now? If you are in the USA, you should claim there.
Not being rude but can u answer what i just asked. No offense :) as for not Claiming asylum in USA there is alot of Racism on USA. I hate racist people. School shootings are happening almost daily in USA. Everyday i go to school i feel like today Abother school shooting will happen in my school. It haunts me everyday. And lastly i dont think so US immigration will grant me Asylum.

Eames

Jan 1, 2018

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Not being rude but can u answer what i just asked. No offense :) as for not Claiming asylum in USA there is alot of Racism on USA. I hate racist people. School shootings are happening almost daily in USA. Everyday i go to school i feel like today Abother school shooting will happen in my school. It haunts me everyday. And lastly i dont think so US immigration will grant me Asylum.
Where did you live before getting a student visa to the USA? How long have you been in the USA? Do you have any other country of nationality or "habitual residence"?

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
Where did you live before getting a student visa to the USA? How long have you been in the USA? Do you have any other country of nationality or "habitual residence"?
I lived In Jalalabad. (One of the provinces of Afghanistan) and i have been living in US for about 2 or 3 weeks. I dont know whether i take asylum here or in Canada. I have this one shot and i dont want to messed it up.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I lived In Jalalabad. (One of the provinces of Afghanistan) and i have been living in US for about 2 or 3 weeks. I dont know whether i take asylum here or in Canada. I have this one shot and i dont want to messed it up.
Do you have any family members in Canada?

Eames

Jan 1, 2018
I know for sure that asylum process takes alot of time in USA and chances of refusal is more compared to Canada. Plus Canada has a policy and it takes about a month for your hearing for War zone countries (syria,Afghanistan). My asylum chances are better in Canada than US.