AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
Well I just send off the the second package of requested documents so hopefully the third time submitting will be the charm and I can soon make a positive change to the spreadsheet. My husband has custody of his two children. We submitted all the custody documents at the time of the outland application and then again in May but even though the Mom gave notarized permission for the children to immigrate, our file was transferred to LA in August with the requirement that we go back to court and get an order from the court that created the original custody order in 2008 to allow the minor child to move to Canada. (We are talking about a 17 and 18 year old). As this was across the country from where my husband currently lives we had to hire a local lawyer so this has been just one more expense in a process that feels like a black hole. As though that wasn't enough they have decided that they aren't sure the relationship is valid even though we have been together 6 years. They wanted proof of cohabitation... how can we cohabitat when the won't let him live here? I am at my wits end with this process. We submitted a letter from the bank indicating we had a joint account,proof that we are each other's beneficiary on our life insurance policies and proof that we have joint car insurance. I included a few more pictures of family gatherings etc. and an email chain beginning in 2008. Does that sound like it should be sufficient proof?

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
kitty410 said:
I also had a problem with SPR's proof of residency. CIC requested tax return and lease or ownership of property.
Thanks for replying!
I see that you requested GCMS notes throughout the process...Did it say that for eligibility assessment, what is your status?
What wording did the officer use when he was suspecting your spouse lived in the US?

Dottie123

Nov 2, 2014
I am new so if this was asked already I am sorry my daughter and new husband are just starting to get documents together to do sponsorship. She is from US and was wondering if all go to Ottawa or do they start off somewhere and only certain ones get sent there ?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Dottie123 said:
I am new so if this was asked already I am sorry my daughter and new husband are just starting to get documents together to do sponsorship. She is from US and was wondering if all go to Ottawa or do they start off somewhere and only certain ones get sent there ?
Everything goes to Mississauga first. They will check the sponsor's application first and if all is good, then they will transfer everything to the visa office that will handle the rest of the application. For Americans, that'd be Ottawa. And it will remain in Ottawa unless there are major issues with the application (then they may transfer it to LA).

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
really? where was it delivered to? was it sent from the ottawa office? as far as i know all us applicants have received theirs by regular mail.
From VO Vienna to a Canadian address

kittyandpipit

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
sent to LA 14/06/2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
LANDED..........
been in Canada since may 2013
Mariac819 said:
No it's outland and my husband is a us citizen

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
xg0812 said:
Thanks for replying!
I see that you requested GCMS notes throughout the process...Did it say that for eligibility assessment, what is your status?
What wording did the officer use when he was suspecting your spouse lived in the US?
Sorry I couldn't find "eligibility assessment" in my notes. Can you tell me which page you find your eligibility assessment??

"SPR is a pr" "appears PA is living with her family in the US" "although she has provided an address in Canada there is nothing specific to show she is actually residing in Canada" "I had also wanted to see a lease or ownership documents" "The address given in Toronto would cost more per month that the SPR earns." "I am not satisfied that she is living in Canada" "Requesting further proof"

Unfortunately, They misread our application. I live with my spouse's grandparents in the US, and my spouse lives with her parents in Canada.

Because we filed our application right after she got her PR last summer, her tax return only shows a few months which the reviewing officer thought that we couldn't cover the rent. He or she just divided the total sum by 12. Also, he requested both tax return and lease, but the contacting officer requested only tax return in the first time, so took another few months.

We met a lawyer last week, which was few days before my status changed to DM. The lawyer was a boss of a friend of my spouse's family. The friend was worried that ours was taking a long time based on her experiences in her law firm. The lawyer went through the case and told us that everything is fine and suggested us to contact CIC about my spouse's new(real actually) job in Canada. Before we were sending the related documents, the status was changed.

I think two good solutions are to contact CIC many times or to consult with people on the forum or a lawyer. Even after going through the notes, we didn't know what to do. The forum gave us good suggestions, but my parents in law wasn't satisfied. They had to spend $150 for 30 minutes, but the lawyer himself didn't know well.. he couldn't find forwarding dates(?) on our notes and told us that Ottawa processing time is 30 months which is 15 months... hahaha

At the moment, I am still waiting the CIC's mail or email. I wish it's a good news.. good luck :)

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
kitty410 said:
Sorry I couldn't find "eligibility assessment" in my notes. Can you tell me which page you find your eligibility assessment??

"SPR is a pr" "appears PA is living with her family in the US" "although she has provided an address in Canada there is nothing specific to show she is actually residing in Canada" "I had also wanted to see a lease or ownership documents" "The address given in Toronto would cost more per month that the SPR earns." "I am not satisfied that she is living in Canada" "Requesting further proof"

Unfortunately, They misread our application. I live with my spouse's grandparents in the US, and my spouse lives with her parents in Canada.

Because we filed our application right after she got her PR last summer, her tax return only shows a few months which the reviewing officer thought that we couldn't cover the rent. He or she just divided the total sum by 12. Also, he requested both tax return and lease, but the contacting officer requested only tax return in the first time, so took another few months.

We met a lawyer last week, which was few days before my status changed to DM. The lawyer was a boss of a friend of my spouse's family. The friend was worried that ours was taking a long time based on her experiences in her law firm. The lawyer went through the case and told us that everything is fine and suggested us to contact CIC about my spouse's new(real actually) job in Canada. Before we were sending the related documents, the status was changed.

I think two good solutions are to contact CIC many times or to consult with people on the forum or a lawyer. Even after going through the notes, we didn't know what to do. The forum gave us good suggestions, but my parents in law wasn't satisfied. They had to spend $150 for 30 minutes, but the lawyer himself didn't know well.. he couldn't find forwarding dates(?) on our notes and told us that Ottawa processing time is 30 months which is 15 months... hahaha

At the moment, I am still waiting the CIC's mail or email. I wish it's a good news.. good luck :)

it's on the second page, where it says:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org CRime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
etc. etc.

Then on page 6, it reads below:
ELIGIBILITY
ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 1
Created Date: 2014/05 (when I got SA)
Created By: Agent A
Updated Date: 2014/10 (2 months after I submitted docs)
Updated By: Agent B
UCI: ########
Family Name: ***
Given Name: ***
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status Updated By: Agent B
Status Date: 2014/10
Due Date: 2015/05
Assigned to: Agent C
Assigned By: Agent A
Activity #: ###

Do you see the recommend passed status in your GCMS? If you do, how long did it take from seeing the recommend passed to DM? i'm trying to get an estimate of how much longer the wait is...a bit worried since it looks like they havent started the criminality and security checks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xg0812 said:
Do you see the recommend passed status in your GCMS? If you do, how long did it take from seeing the recommend passed to DM? i'm trying to get an estimate of how much longer the wait is...a bit worried since it looks like they havent started the criminality and security checks
it's going to be very difficult to determine "how much longer until DM". All applications are unique, so each process is also slightly unique. it also depends on the speed of your visa officer. the best way to get an "estimate" is perhaps by checking out the ottawa spreadsheet and studying the "trends".

criminality and security checks are reported to be the LAST step before approval, so there shouldn't be a concern if they haven't started yet.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
it's going to be very difficult to determine "how much longer until DM". All applications are unique, so each process is also slightly unique. it also depends on the speed of your visa officer. the best way to get an "estimate" is perhaps by checking out the ottawa spreadsheet and studying the "trends".

criminality and security checks are reported to be the LAST step before approval, so there shouldn't be a concern if they haven't started yet.

sadly there is no one in the spreadsheet that's in a similar situation :[
u mentioned that criminality and security checks are the last step, what r the prev steps?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xg0812 said:
sadly there is no one in the spreadsheet that's in a similar situation :[
u mentioned that criminality and security checks are the last step, what r the prev steps?
i'd imagine it involves relationship validity and verifying the applicant's application. i wouldn't know. i'm not an immigration officer.

every application is unique, so sometimes there isn't going to be a "similiar" situation on the spreadsheet. this doesn't mean it won't be useful. it is easy to look at the timing between requested documents and dm, or how long the "average" processing time is, etc. no one is going to be able to tell you how long between a gmcs notes suggesting "recommended pass" and DM. we are not immigration officers and don't process files.

have others who have applied the same month as you started getting approvals? if not, then there's nothing you can do except to wait. this is not a transparent process, and trying to figure out each and every step is not going to help the wait time. in the end it will lead to frustration and disappointment. it's important to ACCEPT the fact you will not get the answers you are looking for, and you're probably never going to know what something means or what exactly the process entails on the otherside. LET GO of needing to know everything. it's just not going to happen!

i'd imagine "recommend pass" is a normal part of the process. more than 1 person looks at the file, so if 1 person says "hey, i think this file should pass, what do you think?", my guess is unless officer #2 finds something suspcious the first officer missed, your chances for "passing" are high.

again, it's going to be very difficult for you to find the informaiton you are seeking. it's virtually impossible for those going through the process to know exactly how long something will take. no one can tell you. all we can tell you is check the "trends" in the ottawa spreadsheet, and from there, you can make your OWN determination as to what YOU can expect.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
xg0812 said:
it's on the second page, where it says:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org CRime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
etc. etc.

Then on page 6, it reads below:
ELIGIBILITY
ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 1
Created Date: 2014/05 (when I got SA)
Created By: Agent A
Updated Date: 2014/10 (2 months after I submitted docs)
UCI: ########
Family Name: ***
Given Name: ***
Type: Eligibility
Version: 2010-06
Conditional: Yes
Status Updated By: Agent B
Status Date: 2014/10
Due Date: 2015/05
Assigned to: Agent C
Assigned By: Agent A
Activity #: ###

Hello,

Security: HIRV: Criminality: Org Crime: Medical: Misrepresentation are all blank.
Type Eligibility - FC Sponsorship

I summited the last request documents(3rd) on Aug 27, requested and got my notes on Oct 21, and got my status changed on Oct 30.

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
FINALLY it says Medicals Received as of this morning!

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi All,
today my wife got an email from CPP- OTTAWA .

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

- A copy of Canada Revenue Agency’s Notice of tax Assessment or “Option C Printout” for your sponsor ********most recent taxation year.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/ssmnt-eng.html

- Indicate your current mailing address.

Please note:
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa - TG00190

MY Question- Indicate current mail address mean - is it my address or my wife's address?

Thank
ram

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cute said:
MY Question- Indicate current mail address mean - is it my address or my wife's address?
they are looking for your WIFE'S mailing address, as the letter was addressed to HER. This is so they can send her the approval paper where she lives.