+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
dozel said:
Oh, yes. Our lawyer sent an email(1st time ever) on our behalf to CIC on Wednesday last week. Heard nothing so far.
Does your lawyer know anything about cases similar to yours?

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
kitty410 said:
Hi Dozel,

I see that you've been waiting since May 2013. I summited my application in early Sept 2013, and got my sponsorship approval on September 27 2013. And, on March 25 2014, CIC request my FBI clearance if I had lived in the US more than 6 months. I don't know that it was just a coincident that I had lived in the US for 6 months when I got that email from CIC, or they were waiting for me to live in the US for 6 months..

I have summited my criminal clearances from three different countries.

Yes, it was a piece of paper saying something like "my fingerprints were no match to ones in FBI database"

Is it too late to change my review office to my home country? Does applying for the note speed up the process?

I already quit my school and job a several months ago. now I feel like it's a huge mistake.
ah... I see. So are/were you an international student here in the U.S.?

Someone here on the forum said that you may not be able to request for transferring your application. However, if you move to another country (your home country for instance), CIC may transfer your app to the VO in your country. But that depends on CIC's decision. I'm not sure if your app will be put in the queue and start all over again once your file is transferred or not. My lawyer suggested me not to go back to my home country while my app is in process.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
kitty410 said:
Does your lawyer know anything about cases similar to yours?
I have no idea. The firm is in Toronto. Maybe they handle a lot in land cases.

squeeish

May 17, 2014
Millertimez said:
Congrats. That's great news. When did you apply?
My app was received by Ottawa Sept. 24 2013
We wrote a cover letter stating I would wait for them to request a medical, and they requested medical and copy of passport on the March 26. I emailed the copy of the passport on April 23rd or so, and asked for verification that it was received. They responded that they received my passport and that they also were assessing my medical. Ecas changed to dm on the 17th of May.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
dozel said:
ah... I see. So are/were you an international student here in the U.S.?

Someone here on the forum said that you may not be able to request for transferring your application. However, if you move to another country (your home country for instance), CIC may transfer your app to the VO in your country. But that depends on CIC's decision. I'm not sure if your app will be put in the queue and start all over again once your file is transferred or not. My lawyer suggested me not to go back to my home country while my app is in process.
Yes, I am still on F-1 student visa right now. I came to the US for master program but I transferred to non-degree art design school and then changed to language school. I didn't want to rely on my family financially, and couldn't pay tuition.

My spouse is going to call CIC on monday. I will let you know what they say, it may be helpful for you too.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
dozel said:
I have no idea. The firm is in Toronto. Maybe they handle a lot in land cases.
I see. People told me that outland was faster before, but now I feel like I made a wrong choice. *sigh*

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
kitty410 said:
I see. People told me that outland was faster before, but now I feel like I made a wrong choice. *sigh*
Oh, outland is much faster than inland process.

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to report that our status has changed from "application received" to "in process" on ECAS! :D

We were asked for additional docs back in April and sent them in immediately.

Does this mean a decision will be made soon? Or do you think this means a longer wait?

How long is the wait between "in process" and "decision made"?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
cangrlusboy said:
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to report that our status has changed from "application received" to "in process" on ECAS! :D

Does this mean a decision will be made soon? Or do you think this means a longer wait?

Congrats cangrlusboy! That is good news :) I think typically it is 'in process' for a couple days, but I am not sure. Lets hope you're near the end of your application!

XiningMAMA

Aug 20, 2012
HELP!

Hoping someone can shed light on this situation...

I'm living in Canada and sponsored my American husband. We applied Outland for him despite the fact that he's on a temporary visitor visa living with us in Canada because he was working in the US (we live 10 minutes from the border).

I checked the website and his status was updated to "Decision Made" on May 21... What can I expect now? As an "outland" application I'm confused as to the process from here. Will they contact us via email? Via my mailing address in Canada or will they fall back on his "address of residence" in the US? Any ideas? And how long does it usually take for them to contact you?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
XiningMAMA said:
HELP!

Hoping someone can shed light on this situation...

I'm living in Canada and sponsored my American husband. We applied Outland for him despite the fact that he's on a temporary visitor visa living with us in Canada because he was working in the US (we live 10 minutes from the border).

I checked the website and his status was updated to "Decision Made" on May 21... What can I expect now? As an "outland" application I'm confused as to the process from here. Will they contact us via email? Via my mailing address in Canada or will they fall back on his "address of residence" in the US? Any ideas? And how long does it usually take for them to contact you?
After receiving Decision Made on ECAS you will get your COPR in the mail. It'll be sent to his American address, typically a month or less after DM.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
cangrlusboy said:
Hi everyone,

The waiting game is finally over for you! I think you should see a DM and PPR in a couple weeks. Congrats

May 30, 2014
Zarilenth said:
After receiving Decision Made on ECAS you will get your COPR in the mail. It'll be sent to his American address, typically a month or less after DM.
Thanks for the info Zarilenth, I was wondering how long it would take. Got our DM on May 26, and we're checking the mail box every day :)

May 30, 2014
I got an update from Ottawa by email:

Dear Sir/Madam

Your application has been finalized and your documents were returned to you on May 27th.

Our records indicate that your documents were returned to you by regular mail to the following address:

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Do you guys think it is good news? :-X