AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
We had a request for additional documents today. I'm not sure at this point if that is good news or bad news. They want copies of custody and visitation schedules for the two children ages 16 and 18. It seems they have questions about why their father has primary custody rather than the mother. With kids this age you wouldn't think that would be an issue but apparently it is. I am hoping this doesn't mean that they are going to set our file aside for the 60 days they have given us to produce the documents. I'm also hoping the child custody issue isn't going to be a problem. Their mom has given us a notarized letter saying that she supports the children moving to Canada. Has anyone else dealt with sponsoring the children of their partner?

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
notsopatient said:
We had a request for additional documents today. I'm not sure at this point if that is good news or bad news. They want copies of custody and visitation schedules for the two children ages 16 and 18. It seems they have questions about why their father has primary custody rather than the mother. With kids this age you wouldn't think that would be an issue but apparently it is. I am hoping this doesn't mean that they are going to set our file aside for the 60 days they have given us to produce the documents. I'm also hoping the child custody issue isn't going to be a problem. Their mom has given us a notarized letter saying that she supports the children moving to Canada. Has anyone else dealt with sponsoring the children of their partner?
Hello notsopatient,
We are May 2013 US outland applicants and we were asked for additional documents on April 10, 2014. So far, Ottawa has not reviewed out file. I contacted my MPs office and they told me that our file is "pending officer review". We will hit the 60 day mark on June 10, 2014. We do not have any children so I cannot speak to that. Hope this gives you some insight!

notsopatient

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2013
AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
cangrlusboy said:
Hello notsopatient,
We are May 2013 US outland applicants and we were asked for additional documents on April 10, 2014. So far, Ottawa has not reviewed out file. I contacted my MPs office and they told me that our file is "pending officer review". We will hit the 60 day mark on June 10, 2014. We do not have any children so I cannot speak to that. Hope this gives you some insight!
Thanks cangrlsboy, that is what I was suspected. We hope to get the documents out by Monday but if they don't review it for 60 days that will take us to the end of July :( My biggest concern is that if we don't have it by September we will have to enroll the kids in high school in the US again. We tried to get a student visas for them last year and were refused.

Wow you must be so frustrated having to wait an entire year. I wish you the best of lucky and hope things get resolved for you very soon!

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
I have a question for those who received DM without a PPR. Any hypothesis why that was the case? It seems mostly everyone sends in a copy at the beginning. so that can't be it. Is it along gendered lines? Are more women asked in case they changed their last names? Do those who go straight to DM do more frequent border crossings, so up-to-date information is in the system? Or is it really just random? It is boggling the data analyst inside of me!

May 30, 2014
Hello all :)

I just posted in a different thread.... but now i realize it would have been more relevant perhaps in this one.... So I apologize for the double post... but I thought it could be helpful to share my timeline. Here we go:

( I'm canadian and I'm sponsoring my american hubby (outland).)

We sent our application in October 2013
Mississauga recieved it and processed it on November 20, 2013
Sponsorship approved on November 20, 2013 (I received an email).
Applied for CSQ since im located in Quebec and then sent the certificate to the Ottawa office in December 2013.
My husband did his medicals on March 24, 2014. We sent the result to Ottawa right after (email and snailmail). Our doctor office was using the electronic system, they just had to upload our info.
After a while (end of April 2013 I believe), our ECAS status changed and they added "Medical results recieved".
ECAS has changed again now it says (received application on November 20, 2013, We started processing your application on May 21, 2014, We received the Medical results, DECISION MADE!!! WOOT!)

And now we are waitng on their letter.... I'm nervous but I think it will be a CoPR. They didnt ask for an interview, nor for more documents, so its looking good I think.
I saw that the decision made was uploaded 4 days after they started to process it. But then they can upload the info whenever they want so... Maybe it was very fast and everything was in order, or they started earlier and didnt update the portal.

We didnt get a passport request yet. Either its coming or they sending us the CoPR. Ive seen people receiving their CoPR without the PPR so I think i shouldn't be too worried about it. And they wouldnt ask for the physical document anyway since my husband is from the US.

Whew! Now we just have to wait some more.... I wonder how long it takes them to communicate with us. Perhaps 2 weeks for international mail?

So 6 months from received to decision made. I think that's pretty fast. About 1 month faster then the trend I have observed. But I did see a case or 2 going that fast. Our application was really clear and I added a lot of supporting documents. *crosses fingers*

Best,

SuzyStrawberry

May 30, 2014
MapleLeafBride said:
I have a question for those who received DM without a PPR. Any hypothesis why that was the case? It seems mostly everyone sends in a copy at the beginning. so that can't be it. Is it along gendered lines? Are more women asked in case they changed their last names? Do those who go straight to DM do more frequent border crossings, so up-to-date information is in the system? Or is it really just random? It is boggling the data analyst inside of me!
I am in this situation. I have received a DM wihtout PRR. Well we did include a passport copy in the initial application... which is required... I'm sponsoring my husband so no maiden name changes is possible obviously. We both have very frequent border crossings (we live 1h from each other).

I'd like to know more if anyone has some information on this. I have seen a few cases where they go straight to CoPR. Perhaps it depends on the reviewing officer.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
MapleLeafBride said:
I am a woman and never got asked for another passport copy. Maybe because my passport is still valid until 2021 and we're not married

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
cangrlusboy said:
Hello notsopatient,
My document request deadline was April 20th, they received my documents on March 11 and issued my COPR on April 16 (before the deadline). I think it depends on the officer or on how many applicants are asked for additional documents. They might look at your doc's earlier

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
squeeish said:
Got my COPR yesterday!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats. That's great news. When did you apply?

May 30, 2014
little_apple said:
I am a woman and never got asked for another passport copy. Maybe because my passport is still valid until 2021 and we're not married
Good point. My husband's passport is valid for almost 10 years. That might be taken into account.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
cangrlusboy said:
Hello notsopatient,
I think it's good news if CIC has requested for more documents. If your supply is sufficient and relevant, it's almost a pass. I, on the other hand, have not heard from CIC since we sent the application. That should be worrysome!

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
MapleLeafBride said:
Been wodering the same. In my case, I sent color copies of the PP with the application (not sure if that explains it though). Maybe frequent trips? I have been crossing the border at least once a month. There has to be reasons......

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
dozel said:
I think it's good news if CIC has requested for more documents. If your supply is sufficient and relevant, it's almost a pass. I, on the other hand, have not heard from CIC since we sent the application. That should be worrysome!
Did you try sending info request email to CPP? I have noticed in my case that anytime I sent emails, there were no replies but there were at least, movement on my case. I really think sending out emails can serve as nudge. Good Luck!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
saintsim1 said:
Been wodering the same. In my case, I sent color copies of the PP with the application (not sure if that explains it though). Maybe frequent trips? I have been crossing the border at least once a month. There has to be reasons......
It could be a number of reasons I guess - frequent crossings, if the passport is about to expire soon, if it's a woman who is recently married.. I wonder if they can pull up crossing history to see if you've used the passport recently. If you haven't crossed recently, maybe they request it to see if you haven't updated it? It could also just be up to the discretion of the case worker - maybe it's a semi-required thing and some officers follow the rules to a point while others decide based on how they feel about the applicant? Or maybe it's totally random? Every 3rd file requires a passport request, lol. I have no idea.