Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
washingtongirl said:
Thanks Chala,

I'm really hoping you get your COPR soon! One more question, my husband lives on the Canadian side of the border, and my parents and family live on the american side of the border, they are only about 20 minutes away from each other. Do you know if I'll have problems going back and forth across the border?
I wouldn't think so, why would they have a problem with that? But I have no experience crossing the border frequently, so maybe other applicants who have done so in the past may be able to give you a more informative reply.
Good luck with the finalization of you PR application!!

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Washingtongirl,

BELEIVE MY WORDS.

Based on ur timelines and the current trend (and iff your case is soooo straight forward), U can expect your online status to get changed to "Decision Made" either tomorrow (02/22) or on March 01st or on March 08th. It should not get delayed more than that. Please check ur online status on the said dates and let us know.

I would be waiting for your posts on these dates. will wait for your good news. thank you.

bye !

washingtongirl said:
Can anyone help me? I received PPR at the end of NOV and don't have COPR yet. I just found out that my work is going to be closing, instead of trying to find a new job here in Seattle, I would like to move up to BC to live with my husband until I receive COPR. I am not sure if I am able to do this. I applied Outland and don't want this to mess up my application. Does anyone know if I am able to do this? Will it have an affect on my application? Thank you!

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi Washingtongirl,

BELEIVE MY WORDS.

Based on ur timelines and the current trend (and iff your case is soooo straight forward), U can expect your online status to get changed to "Decision Made" either tomorrow (02/22) or on March 01st or on March 08th. It should not get delayed more than that. Please check ur online status on the said dates and let us know.

I would be waiting for your posts on these dates. will wait for your good news. thank you.

bye !

My time from PPR to CoPR was just over 3 months, and a couple of people on this board from approx my timeline are still waiting, 4 months after PPR, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about getting it at 2 months, hopefully by end of March or mid April might be more realistic.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hello NicAnn,

WashingtonPost has already completed close to 3 months. He got his PPR on 26th Nov 2013. I just saw a person getting his COPR last week, who got his PPR on Nov 15th. So, I would 100% say that WashingtonPost is very close and would get his online status updated in those said 3 days. Looks like, CIC is working on the cases for which the PPR was sent during the week of Nov 18 - 22. But, here comes a exception. The person i am talking about is a very straight forward case; it was for his 3 year old daughter.

Chala's & Chiqsherbet's cases are exceptional/ may be complicated, i guess. May be, the officer has to do more investigation.

So, let us wait & see.

bye !

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Mine was also very straightforward, easy, no dependents, we are married, known each other for over 10 years, had lots of proof and pictures, letters from relatives, pictures of both of us with relatives, vacations to various countries with relatives documented with photos,and oodles of documents proving everything, etc, etc, and it still took over 3 months for our PPR. ;)

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hello NicAnn,

WashingtonPost has already completed close to 3 months. He got his PPR on 26th Nov 2013. I just saw a person getting his COPR last week, who got his PPR on Nov 15th. So, I would 100% say that WashingtonPost is very close and would get his online status updated in those said 3 days. Looks like, CIC is working on the cases for which the PPR was sent during the week of Nov 18 - 22. But, here comes a exception. The person i am talking about is a very straight forward case; it was for his 3 year old daughter.

Chala's & Chiqsherbet's cases are exceptional/ may be complicated, i guess. May be, the officer has to do more investigation.

So, let us wait & see.

bye !
To be honest, mine is not complicated at all. We are married, very straightforward. No dependents. We've submitted a very organized package with a lot of proof of our relationship. We have no ideas why my case has been taking so long after PPR. If we have any idea for the reason, like if I know my case's complicated one, we would not concern like this...

I don't want to say any negative thing to anybody but never say never. We thought we could get the CoPR soon after the PPR, as NicAnn thought, but it's not the case.

FYI, I got the PPR on the day before NicAnn did.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
GeorgeJoseph said:

So, let us wait & see.

bye ! [/color][/color]
Like Chiqsherbet, mine is also a straight forward case. There really seems to be no reason why we should be waiting for more than 4 months since PPR for the COPR. It really seems that some files get put aside due to heavy workloads of the officer handling your case and apparently they are forgotten for a while.

americaninlove

Mar 30, 2013
Ontario
Doc's Request.
13-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hey, could you update the forums for me? It still hasn't been updated. We just got Medicals Received in E-CAS today too! Got the update after midnight tonight! Check your E-CAS today, best wishes everyone! :)

PPR: Feb 18th, 2014
Interview: Waived
Medicals Received: Feb 22nd, 2014

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
americaninlove said:
Hey, could you update the forums for me? It still hasn't been updated. We just got Medicals Received in E-CAS today too! Got the update after midnight tonight! Check your E-CAS today, best wishes everyone! :)

PPR: Feb 18th, 2014
Interview: Waived
Medicals Received: Feb 22nd, 2014
Just checked my ECAS. They started processing our application on Feb 20th and we got PPR on Feb 20th as well. Also says decision made.
Will send our passport on Monday (not from visa exempt country).
Please update the file.
Thanks!

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on April 5, 2013.

We started processing your application on February 20, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
Permanent Residence

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hi, Canadavisa_Apr2013

Could you please tell me about how long it took your app status change from Medical received to decision made?

Here is my app status:

1. We received xxxxx application for permanent residence on June 3, 2013.

2. Medical results have been received.

I think I got the Medical received update at the end of last December.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
Just checked my ECAS. They started processing our application on Feb 20th and we got PPR on Feb 20th as well. Also says decision made.
Will send our passport on Monday (not from visa exempt country).
Please update the file.
Thanks!

Permanent Residence

Oh, nevermind. You actually explained the timeline. hehe. I didn't pay attention.

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
dozel said:
Hi, Canadavisa_Apr2013

Could you please tell me about how long it took your app status change from Medical received to decision made?

Here is my app status:

1. We received xxxxx application for permanent residence on June 3, 2013.

2. Medical results have been received.

I think I got the Medical received update at the end of last December.
We got Medical received mid October (18th I think).
We applied on April 5, 2013.

But since we are not from a visa exempt country, our timelines may not align with others.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
We got Medical received mid October (18th I think).
We applied on April 5, 2013.

But since we are not from a visa exempt country, our timelines may not align with others.
Me neither.

So it takes about 4 months for the decision made update, in your case.

Thanks

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
chala said:
You can only enter Canada as a "visitor" so when you cross the border you can't say you are "moving" here or they may refuse entry. As you are visa except, you can stay for up to 6 months,during which time you cannot work or study here. However before the 6 months expire you ought to have your COPR by then. If not, you can extend your visit by online application and stay in Canada as a visitor, which is what many have done without any problems,
That's not necessarily true. I came to Canada in September. I was driving my vehicle and when I crossed they asked me how long I was staying. I told them "I am not sure, I believe I can stay 6 months as a visitor but here is my Perm Residency paper work. I am planning on living here with my Canadian wife whom just moved back after 10 years in the states. She has a job , here is her employment paper work. I have saved enough money to last me well over 6 months with her not working. I would like to stay as long as you would allow me to."

They were very friendly and told me you can't work unless you get an LMO. You are free to look for a job but until you you get a work permit or your PR you can not work. I told them I understood and let them know my wife and I are doing this the right way , as referenced by my paperwork. I just don't want to be away from my spouse. They ended up giving me a Visitors Permit which allowed me to stay up to a year and let me get Canadian Healthcare. They also said if a decision isn't made on my PR by June that I should re apply for a Visitors Permit so I would have implied status until a decision is made on my PR.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
OKLandman said:
That's not necessarily true. I came to Canada in September. I was driving my vehicle and when I crossed they asked me how long I was staying. I told them "I am not sure, I believe I can stay 6 months as a visitor but here is my Perm Residency paper work. I am planning on living here with my Canadian wife whom just moved back after 10 years in the states. She has a job , here is her employment paper work. I have saved enough money to last me well over 6 months with her not working. I would like to stay as long as you would allow me to."

They were very friendly and told me you can't work unless you get an LMO. You are free to look for a job but until you you get a work permit or your PR you can not work. I told them I understood and let them know my wife and I are doing this the right way , as referenced by my paperwork. I just don't want to be away from my spouse. They ended up giving me a Visitors Permit which allowed me to stay up to a year and let me get Canadian Healthcare. They also said if a decision isn't made on my PR by June that I should re apply for a Visitors Permit so I would have implied status until a decision is made on my PR.
Yes it's possible to go the LMO route, however I understand it's a bit difficult with a low rate of success. But certainly worth a try. Also not all provinces will grant Medical Coverage before the PR is finalized.