Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Apple80 said:
I am a newbie. Just about start the process and hopefully I can get some much needed answers.

My husband lives in USA and often visits.

1) Do we submit our application for sponsorship to the CPP-Ottawa office?
2) Can we submit as an inland application although he technically doesn't live here yet?
3) Will he be able to get an Open work permit while we are waiting for the application to be processed?
(1) All outland applications go to CPC-M (Mississauga). They evaluate the sponsor and then forward the application to the correct overseas office for processing (yes, CPP-O is outside Canada).
(2) No.
(3) Not for outland, no. But he'll get PR as fast as he will get an open work permit via the inland route.

Apple80

Jan 23, 2014
Thanks forresponding.

However I am still a bit confused because I thought I read somewhere the a visitor can apply to extend their visit to Canada and therefore apply inland.

Also how long roughly is the processing time from the US CPP offices?

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Apple80 said:
Thanks forresponding.

However I am still a bit confused because I thought I read somewhere the a visitor can apply to extend their visit to Canada and therefore apply inland.

Also how long roughly is the processing time from the US CPP offices?
You can apply to extend your visit while your Outland app is in process, and you are permitted to exit and re-enter Canada during the process. Under the Inland format you cannot leave Canada while its in process. For most US applicants Outland appears to be the best option in terms of flexibility and speed of processing.

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
Does CIC ask for passport photo for a dependent(US citizen) when they request PPR or is it just the photocopies of pasport pages?
Please forum members in search of reply.
Thank you.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
Have a question if any one can help....little background again....visa office is Ottawa....we got passport request back in August,....then in Ocotber found out that everyone lost his medicals so my husband redid those.....then on Jan 17th got an email asking for him to send in more passport phots (the ones listed in schedule B) and on Tuesday his application finally went into in process....they received the photos on Thursday (23rd),....any idea how much longer we will have to wait before he receives COPR....no interview is required and according to his gcms notes it says recommend pass....so hoping this will be done soon....they received our application Feb 8th of 2013 and it is just a basic app...thanks for any info and help....my husband is still a little pessimistic....I am the optimistic one saying it will all be done soon....just hoping I am right

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
string11 said:
Does CIC ask for passport photo for a dependent(US citizen) when they request PPR or is it just the photocopies of pasport pages?
Please forum members in search of reply.
Thank you.
Usually, just copies of the passport. They will use the photos you submitted with the application for the CoPR.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
washingtongrl- got you updated with SA date
kateee- got you added to the spreadsheet

Hope everyone has a great week!!

cangrlusboy

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTT-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2013
Doc's Request.
10-APRIL-2014
Med's Done....
30-APRIL-2013
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
NO
LANDED..........
NO
OhCanadiana said:
Usually, just copies of the passport. They will use the photos you submitted with the application for the CoPR.
Hi there,

Still haven't received the PPR for app received on May 30/13. I am wondering if we will even receive a PPR if we included photocopies of the passport in the original app? Has anyone else experienced this?

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
cangrlusboy said:
Hi there,

Still haven't received the PPR for app received on May 30/13. I am wondering if we will even receive a PPR if we included photocopies of the passport in the original app? Has anyone else experienced this?
We included photo copies of my passport, we thought we would go straight to DM without PPR but however they still asked for more copies (scanned and sent through email reply back to them 2 days later). It's hard to figure them out! :)

OKLandman

Jul 30, 2013
So my status hasn't changed online but I received this email today. I assume that means my application is in process now?

"" > SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return. This must be received at this office by: 03/28/2014"

This is good news right?

dlagirl

Jul 24, 2013
usa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Doc's Request.
02-03-14
AOR Received.
15-08-13
File Transfer...
08-08-13
Med's Done....
19-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-20-14
Hi everyone,
I am a July applicant. I had my medicals done in March at a doctor's office who is no longer listed in the panel. I had included the doctor's letter with my application. Since there has not been any update in my ECAS, i decided to write an email to CIC to check on the status and they told me they did not have my medicals. I am very agitated right now because I want to go back to that doctor and ask him to resubmit but since he is no longer in the panel will they accept it?
Also how long after you do the exam do they get the results?

sangela

Sep 16, 2013
dlagirl said:
Hi everyone,
I am a July applicant. I had my medicals done in March at a doctor's office who is no longer listed in the panel. I had included the doctor's letter with my application. Since there has not been any update in my ECAS, i decided to write an email to CIC to check on the status and they told me they did not have my medicals. I am very agitated right now because I want to go back to that doctor and ask him to resubmit but since he is no longer in the panel will they accept it?
Also how long after you do the exam do they get the results?
Did your panel physician give you a UMI# number? If so, send an email to OTT-P with that UMI# and have them follow up with their Medical Branch in Ottawa. Same thing happened in our case except our panel physician is still in business. My husband did his medical in May and up until end of Dec, our ecas still did not update with 'Medicals Received' so I inquired with OTT-P. After a few rounds of emails and providing them the UMI#, they were finally able to link his medicals with his case file. Now is a good time to follow up. Good luck!

dlagirl

Jul 24, 2013
usa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Doc's Request.
02-03-14
AOR Received.
15-08-13
File Transfer...
08-08-13
Med's Done....
19-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-20-14
Thanks a lot Sangela.
I went to his office today and he had moved.However, the concierge gave me his new address so I'll try to contact him tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I attempted a rebuttal with CIC and they asked me to forward the date when I did my Exam so that they can send an inquiry to their health center...
You are giving me good reasons to be optimistic. The last thing I want is for this process to drag any longer, I am very close to a nervous breakdown. I miss my man so much, any thing that looks like an unnecessary delay will really set me off the edge.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It means someone is looking at your application. Ensure you provide what they are asking for by the deadline.

OKLandman said:
So my status hasn't changed online but I received this email today. I assume that means my application is in process now?

"" > SPR's residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return. This must be received at this office by: 03/28/2014"

This is good news right?