+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

bailz

Mar 13, 2013
Hello, new member here with an outland family class spousal PR application in process (USA to Canada). Here are my stats for the spreadsheet, if someone could please add me.

Visa office: Ottawa
Medicals done: 12/20/2012
Application sent: 12/22/2012
Application received: 12/27/2012
Acknowledgment of receipt: 01/16/2013
Sponsorship approval: 01/18/2013

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
bailz said:
Hello, new member here with an outland family class spousal PR application in process (USA to Canada). Here are my stats for the spreadsheet, if someone could please add me.

Visa office: Ottawa
Medicals done: 12/20/2012
Application sent: 12/22/2012
Application received: 12/27/2012
Acknowledgment of receipt: 01/16/2013
Sponsorship approval: 01/18/2013
You're added! Good luck with the second stage =)

dino5541

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC IBD(intially)/on confirmation ists Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GUYS UPDATE FROM MP on my case

the mp said she called CIC and they said they are conducting background check and the now the best thing is to wait

and she said she can make another enquiry after couple of months if we dont hear anthing from CIC with-in that time

we contected her on the grounds that our 13 months since file tranferd has passed and we havent heared anyfing from them

so guys please give advice since my wife will reply her and i stoped her till i get a bit of advice from you guys

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
dino5541 said:
GUYS UPDATE FROM MP on my case

the mp said she called CIC and they said they are conducting background check and the now the best thing is to wait

and she said she can make another enquiry after couple of months if we dont hear anthing from CIC with-in that time

we contected her on the grounds that our 13 months since file tranferd has passed and we havent heared anyfing from them

so guys please give advice since my wife will reply her and i stoped her till i get a bit of advice from you guys
You and I have very similar timescales and I had my MP contact CIC last year.

The MP then contacted me and said the same - ie "they are conducting background checks" however It was a couple days later that I got an email from CIC asking for further info.

I would hold on for a while as your MP may have lit a fire under them :)

There isn't really anything you can do aside from maybe order your GCMS notes to see whats going on!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Sorry to interrupt the convo but...PPR :p. They only asked for a copy of my passport whew!
Better late than never! AT least I can go visit my hubby with peace of mind now!!!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lunas said:
Sorry to interrupt the convo but...PPR :p. They only asked for a copy of my passport whew!
Better late than never! AT least I can go visit my hubby with peace of mind now!!!
Congrats! You're now green!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
Congrats! You're now green!
Thank you!
I've been green with envy and puke for the last 20 days! haha

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
IvanP said:
That's very good to hear! I'm an attorney as well, so trying to prove intent when we're sort of paralyzed by waiting for CIC to process my family's immigration papers has been giving me stress. But I've been looking for work and submitted a ton of correspondence with a potential employer, travel receipts for a job interview, a bank statement showing I've opened an account in Montreal and that I've transferred money to it, correspondence with a potential buyer for our house, and an email to a musician friend from Montreal asking for help finding private music teachers for our kids, so I'm reasonably confident that we've demonstrated intent.
It may all have to do with CIC wanting to determine how driven the Canadian citizen is to go back to Canada. In some cases very little may suffice in some others more would be necessary. A well established relationship may infact need less proof. Of course, this is all especulation on my part. We are a relatively new couple, together for 22 months and been married for 13 months. While waiting for part of the documents that were requested from my spouse, I actually went for a job interview in Canada and received a job offer. The documentation request included a statement quoting regulation 130(1) alone (seemingly to suggest that I could not sponsor the application because I am living abroad when in fact, sponsorship was approved months ago). We assumed the request was incomplete and was missing the part where they requested proof of my intent to return to Canada. We sent a package this week with the documents that were requested and included a quote for regulation 130(2), a copy of my birth certificate and passport ID page, plus proof of recent visit to Canada for job interview and actual job offer letter, housing research done and which rental places we have narrowed our choices, moving truck reservation (as I will star work there on June 1st), Canadian Bank accounts recently opened, etc. Short of moving to Canada already, I am not sure what else would constitute proof of my intent.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
cempjwi said:
It may all have to do with CIC wanting to determine how driven the Canadian citizen is to go back to Canada. In some cases very little may suffice in some others more would be necessary. A well established relationship may infact need less proof. Of course, this is all especulation on my part. We are a relatively new couple, together for 22 months and been married for 13 months. While waiting for part of the documents that were requested from my spouse, I actually went for a job interview in Canada and received a job offer. The documentation request included a statement quoting regulation 130(1) alone (seemingly to suggest that I could not sponsor the application because I am living abroad when in fact, sponsorship was approved months ago). We assumed the request was incomplete and was missing the part where they requested proof of my intent to return to Canada. We sent a package this week with the documents that were requested and included a quote for regulation 130(2), a copy of my birth certificate and passport ID page, plus proof of recent visit to Canada for job interview and actual job offer letter, housing research done and which rental places we have narrowed our choices, moving truck reservation (as I will star work there on June 1st), Canadian Bank accounts recently opened, etc. Short of moving to Canada already, I am not sure what else would constitute proof of my intent.
Thanks! Sounds like we have pretty similar levels/types of documentation.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
xbwa said:
Thanks for the info. Every time I go to Canada I have to fly. I saw from the forum that it might take four months to just get a travel documents. Maybe I should just wait for my wife to mail me the new PR card to Virginia, after my landing and returning to US. I saw that PR card will take only one to two months to arrive.
While less convenient, you could travel to a border city and then transit across. For example, you can fly to Detroit, take transit (or a taxi) to the Windsor tunnel and take the Windsor tunnel bus (that's not technically a commercial carrier) at which point you can show the CBSA officer your paperwork. On the other side you can take the train to Toronto (I've done this, it's a decent trip).

But PR cards seem to be coming in about 4-5 weeks.

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
To give anybody waiting a long time some hope I just waited 17 months for my application to be finalized! I sent my application to missisauga in Oct 2010, sponsor approval in Dec 2010, RPRF request in May 2011 and absolutely no updates from them since then, only 'your applicaiton is in process'. I received my PPR email this afternoon and am in absolute shock, I felt like there would never be an end to this process!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cempjwi said:
... when in fact, sponsorship was approved months ago...
This is a common misunderstanding (some of CIC's websites are confusing too) but step 1 is only a 'recommendation' for sponsorship. The VO is the one who has to approve the entire application on its merits at the time they take the decision. IP-2 has the details in the appendix splitting out the responsibilities.

That being said,

cempjwi said:
It may all have to do with CIC wanting to determine how driven the Canadian citizen is to go back to Canada.
Agree. A timeline/description is usually sufficient proof of intent to return if it's well thought out. Apparently, it became common practice for people to use PRs instead of TRVs when married to Canadians (in countries where TRVs are difficult to attain).

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
caledonia said:
To give anybody waiting a long time some hope I just waited 17 months for my application to be finalized! I sent my application to missisauga in Oct 2010, sponsor approval in Dec 2010, RPRF request in May 2011 and absolutely no updates from them since then, only 'your applicaiton is in process'. I received my PPR email this afternoon and am in absolute shock, I felt like there would never be an end to this process!!
Sincere congratulations! :p
Like us you're also victims of Buffalo closure. Our application was filed in June 2011. It got transferred to Ottawa from Buffalo last July and to LA around October 2012. They received our re-medical Jan. 2013. MP told us that now background check is being done. My spouse is Chinese. Hope it won't take much longer.
You're lucky that you didn't have to re-do medical. I saw you had Medical Received shown last October. I think your file was only waiting for the background check since then. Would you mind telling what nationality you are? We're trying to time ourselves as we were planning for an overseas trip.
Have a great life in Canada! :-*

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
caledonia said:
wow !!!!!!!!

great news ! 8)