2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Ontariobat said:
I hope you hear something good soon, Majromax. Would it be worth calling the call centre again and hope you find someone who could tell you when the CoPR had been sent out?
Today's agent made a point about "going beyond" what she was supposed to do in order to look at my file, and she said that the visa office has not sent anything. This was after a surprisingly long discussion of what eCAS was supposed to be saying before even taking my information. I must come off as polite or somesuch.

So, I think I'll let it rest for now, perhaps to call again next week. I've also sent another e-mail on my ATIP/GCMS request, since just under two weeks ago they confirmed (after an inquiry) that they were overdue and my request would be "flagged as a priority".

The paranoid in me wonders if these two delays are connected, in that there's something wrong that I would not yet know about. However, I have absolutely no evidence for this or even to form an expectation of this, given the lack of red flags or document requests. I also take comfort for myself that my position is not unique, but that's obviously not good for those waiting alongside me.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
Majromax said:
Today's agent made a point about "going beyond" what she was supposed to do in order to look at my file, and she said that the visa office has not sent anything. This was after a surprisingly long discussion of what eCAS was supposed to be saying before even taking my information. I must come off as polite or somesuch.

So, I think I'll let it rest for now, perhaps to call again next week. I've also sent another e-mail on my ATIP/GCMS request, since just under two weeks ago they confirmed (after an inquiry) that they were overdue and my request would be "flagged as a priority".

The paranoid in me wonders if these two delays are connected, in that there's something wrong that I would not yet know about. However, I have absolutely no evidence for this or even to form an expectation of this, given the lack of red flags or document requests. I also take comfort for myself that my position is not unique, but that's obviously not good for those waiting alongside me.
I can't see how it would be right for access to information to cause conflict with the application. I hope the delay is just something like an error that needed correcting.

Jaffamuzz

May 22, 2014
Auckland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Sydney, Aus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 29th July 2015
LANDED..........
Soon!
Decision made!

Checked at 8am Nova Scotia time 21st July after an 'In Process' status on the 14th July (which said they started it on the 10th).

Maybe these people in Ottawa are up working late and hard, after all.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Received COPR yesterday. Probably going to land after the weekend. Any tips tricks I should know before landing? I dont have much coming with me as I purged when I moved out of my parents lol. I saw it said you can fill out a B4, but tou dont have to. Is this true?

EmSNYC

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
02-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
COPR yesterday, I have time until June 2016.
They gave me Condition 51, probably because we have been married for less than two years notwithstanding the fact that our (long distance) relationship has been going on for five.
Oh well, it's not that i wasn't going to live with my wife...

kerryannbailey

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/11/2014
File Transfer...
/SA: 26/11/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29/09/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/07/2015
LANDED..........
10/08/2015
Got DM today. Yay! Finally! Hope you guys waiting since last year like i was get DM soon.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Majromax said:
I feel like I got one that went a little beyond as well when I called today. We're March applicants and still waiting on SA - I got through right away, but once I talked to the agent and explained the situation (been calling weekly for a month and a half, with varying degrees of helpful agents) I was on hold for longer than normal while he checked the case. He told me the file had been sent to Ottawa prematurely and was "in transit" back to Mississauga. So at least I know it's not lost and shows up in the system..definitely more info than I've gotten before.

My hope is that someone took a look at the applicant part while it was in Ottawa so the process gets reversed in our case, but didn't think to ask whether there were any indications they had looked at my side while it was in Ottawa. Highly unlikely I know, but I can always hope.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
kerryannbailey said:
Got DM today. Yay! Finally! Hope you guys waiting since last year like i was get DM soon.
Congratulations! I see from the October thread that the call centre said that you were actually approved, which generalizing from my sample size of one means that your COPR is in the mail. Good luck on getting it (without error) in a timely manner!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
msbigshot said:
Received COPR yesterday. Probably going to land after the weekend. Any tips tricks I should know before landing? I dont have much coming with me as I purged when I moved out of my parents lol. I saw it said you can fill out a B4, but tou dont have to. Is this true?
Nope, you don't have to. Are you doing a flag pole? Regardless it is not a requirement. Congratulations~!

EmSNYC said:
COPR yesterday, I have time until June 2016.
They gave me Condition 51, probably because we have been married for less than two years notwithstanding the fact that our (long distance) relationship has been going on for five.
Oh well, it's not that i wasn't going to live with my wife...
I know the feeling, together for 9 years, 8 of them common-law or married. The application arrived on March 4 2015. AOR in April. Processing in June. We were married March 31, 2013. So, they must go by the actual dates signed on the forms, otherwise we should not have received condition 51. Oh well not like it makes any difference at all. Just a minor annoyance. And Congratulations!!

kerryannbailey said:
Congratulations!!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Majromax said:
(Probably) good news for me. I sent a case-specific e-mail to CPC-Ottawa this morning and received a very prompt reply. Their e-mail said:

[quote author="CPC-CTD-Ottawa"]Correspondence was sent to the below address yesterday, please wait a few days in order for our correspondence to reach you.[/quote]

... which was an immense relief to see. Fingers crossed for actually receiving a COPR soon!

Edit to add:

Further update: I received a second response to the same inquiry, which specifically mentions that they mailed a COPR. I am blessed with human contact from CIC, and I am tremendously relieved. I will update the spreadsheet when (barring Canada Post error) I receive the document, so that I can properly mark down when it was issued.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Majromax said:
(Probably) good news for me. I sent a case-specific e-mail to CPC-Ottawa this morning and received a very prompt reply. Their e-mail said:

... which was an immense relief to see. Fingers crossed for actually receiving a COPR soon!

Edit to add:

Further update: I received a second response to the same inquiry, which specifically mentions that they mailed a COPR. I am blessed with human contact from CIC, and I am tremendously relieved. I will update the spreadsheet when (barring Canada Post error) I receive the document, so that I can properly mark down when it was issued.
Congrats! That's great to hear, and the relief is amazing, especially once you have the CoPR in hand!

I still feel like the differences in people's experiences here is frustrating. I got DM and had my CoPR mailed the next day (and was lucky enough to get an officer at the call centre who let me know it was sent and that I'd been approved. Others here are having an awful time with all different parts of this application process.

I hope I'm not the only one that gets excited to hear that people who have been so helpful here are getting this great news at the end of a long stressful journey!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Ontariobat said:
Congrats! That's great to hear, and the relief is amazing, especially once you have the CoPR in hand!
Oh, indeed it is relieving.

Looking at the e-mails from CPC-Ottawa, I think that the visa office does not get treated politely very often. The second e-mail which explicitly said that they mailed a COPR was not a duplicate response to my initial inquiry, but it was generated separately in response to my brief thank-you note to their initial response. I could tell because it quoted my thank-you e-mail rather than my original request for information.

I still feel like the differences in people's experiences here is frustrating. I got DM and had my CoPR mailed the next day (and was lucky enough to get an officer at the call centre who let me know it was sent and that I'd been approved. Others here are having an awful time with all different parts of this application process.
It is frustrating. Objectively speaking, my experience has not been a bad one. While my timeframe seems to be longer than some, it is well within a standard window, and nothing has actually gone wrong to the point of requiring intervention (save for my GCMS notes, I suppose, but that's ancillary to the application itself).

Still, it was difficult for me to shake the somewhat paranoid feeling of there being something untoward going on with an inability to do anything about it. It's the combination of no contact and no control, I think.

It also means that we deliberately misuse parts of the system to get that control. The call centre really isn't supposed to do much with outland applications, but it's also the only way that we can actually talk to someone at CIC. It's no wonder that we ask them for information beyond agents' policy or training, but in turn it means we get weird answers such as those that cite the 26-month inland processing time.

mattkward

May 19, 2015
Jaffamuzz said:
Decision made!

Checked at 8am Nova Scotia time 21st July after an 'In Process' status on the 14th July (which said they started it on the 10th).

Maybe these people in Ottawa are up working late and hard, after all.
Congrats!

Just curious - when you write both Ottawa and Sydney for your visa office, does that mean you expected Sydney but got Ottawa instead? That's what's happened to my partner and I. Have no idea why. We're in New Zealand.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here's the reason our apps have ground to a standstill.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/07/21/foreign-caregivers-face-lengthy-wait-for-permanent-status.html

Look at the increase in 2014!

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
figtoria said:
So here's the reason our apps have ground to a standstill.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/07/21/foreign-caregivers-face-lengthy-wait-for-permanent-status.html

Look at the increase in 2014!
That's for caregivers though. I'd imagine it's a different office than family sponsorship. I'm not sure I understand why there are so many caregivers applying/accepted for permanent residency. I'd imagine it's similar to the NAFTA work permit situation, but those cases you have to have an employer in the right area of work prove that you're a valuable asset (such that you're a better option than a Canadian counter-part) to their business.