App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Congratulations to everyone who received COPR. I'm received my PPR on jan 31st2014 and FedEx said my passport arrived on feb4th 2014 at the LA office. Anyone else recieved COPR from LA recently? How long did it take for COPR to arrive in the mail from PPR?

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
computergeek said:
You have two choices: (1) you can just go to the border and loop back around - make sure you either get an administrative refusal (so you have a stamped paper saying you weren't admitted to the US) OR you get them to entry stamp your passport. I've heard of people being told to go back and do that via the Canadian side. Then you enter Canada and they make you a permanent resident; or (2) you can call the CIC call centre and schedule an inland landing interview.

(1) is generally faster. Service Canada sometimes gives people problems with (2) until they have the PR card (not everyone - it seems a bit random), so if you need to get to work, this might not be your ideal option.
Thanks computergeek!!

jasminezxm

Feb 9, 2012
Congratulations, Chiqusherbet.

How did Ottawa send the CoPR to you, through regulator mail or xpresspost?

Chiqsherbet said:
Well, I found the CoPR letter in my mail box now!! I got the DM and the CoPR on the same day. WoW - lol ;D

It's issued on February 24, 2014 so it means they issued my CoPR on the same day when they started processing. I'm not sure when I do the landing as I'm already in the country but before April 10, the expiry date of my CoPR.

Thanks Chala, I believe you should be the next definitely. Just check both yours and your spouse's Ecas if you check it daily basis, as well as your mail box! I know my Ecas said still "application received" yesterday though they already completed my application.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
As far as I know, COPR is always mailed via regular mail.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
So I wrote to Ottawa this morning trying to find out if my RPRF was associated to my application. I received a response that had nothing to do with my question, also a different UCI number than I am aware of. The last digit was 55 instead of what i know it to be as 56.

Then their response regarding requirements is concerning me.

Dear John XXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 909XXXXX55 - John XXXXXX: I only know this to end in 56 and what exactly are they askinig for?

 An original and recent letter of employment for your sponsor: XXXX, Jason, indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.
In addition, please provide most recent pay stubs.
This must be received at this office by: 04/28/2014

Does anyone know why they would have listed my UCI number one digit off at the end? And also why they are askinig for Jason's job information? He hasn't been on welfare or any social assistance, though he didn't have a job when we applied. I just didn't think employment was a requirement for sponsorship.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Florida Bear said:
So I wrote to Ottawa this morning trying to find out if my RPRF was associated to my application. I received a response that had nothing to do with my question, also a different UCI number than I am aware of. The last digit was 55 instead of what i know it to be as 56.

Then their response regarding requirements is concerning me.

Dear John XXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 909XXXXX55 - John XXXXXX: I only know this to end in 56 and what exactly are they askinig for?

 An original and recent letter of employment for your sponsor: XXXX, Jason, indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.
In addition, please provide most recent pay stubs.
This must be received at this office by: 04/28/2014

Does anyone know why they would have listed my UCI number one digit off at the end? And also why they are askinig for Jason's job information? He hasn't been on welfare or any social assistance, though he didn't have a job when we applied. I just didn't think employment was a requirement for sponsorship.

Did you get the "sponsorship application" approval? I don't know about the number error.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Florida Bear said:

1. Could be an explanation as simple as a typo (you can confirm it is if you can access eCas with your name, UCI, place and date of birth)
2. While employment is not required for sponsorship, CIC does verify that there's a solid financial plan to give confidence that the spouse and/or applicant won't rely on welfare. If he still doesn't have a job, write back explaining your plan to support yourselves.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Yeah we got sponsorship approval quickly at the beginning of this process.

I hope it's just a typo, just not sure. I replied stating the number was different and asked them to clarify.

Ok, thanks! that is good to know and makes sense that the govt wants to know we will be in good shape financially.

What I don't know, and maybe someone that has received requirements from them by email before can shed some light on. The first requirement was just the (incorrect) UCI# and my name. Nothing more, so not really sure if there is some requirement with that or if it's just used as a reference? (scratching head)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Florida Bear said:
Yeah we got sponsorship approval quickly at the beginning of this process.

I hope it's just a typo, just not sure. I replied stating the number was different and asked them to clarify.

Ok, thanks! that is good to know and makes sense that the govt wants to know we will be in good shape financially.

What I don't know, and maybe someone that has received requirements from them by email before can shed some light on. The first requirement was just the (incorrect) UCI# and my name. Nothing more, so not really sure if there is some requirement with that or if it's just used as a reference? (scratching head)
Sounds like a typo.

It also sounds like as long as you comply with their request, you'll be done.

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
Florida Bear said:
The same thing happened when we crossed the border (after sponsorship approval) - when the border official looked it up in the system, he wrote down a UCI one digit different. I think that the sponsor gets one number, and the applicant gets a different UCI - I can use either in ECAS. The one I got emailed from CIC shows status of both the sponsorship and residency application, and the one the border guy gave us only shows status of the residency application.

Chiqsherbet

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-March-2013
AOR Received.
13-April-2013 (Sponsor)
File Transfer...
22-April-2013
Med's Done....
25-March-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-October-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014, got DM&CoPR on 27-02-2014
LANDED..........
03-March-2014
jasminezxm said:
Congratulations, Chiqusherbet.

How did Ottawa send the CoPR to you, through regulator mail or xpresspost?
Thanks jasminezxm. As clearly said, mine was also regular mail and a brown letter envelope.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
computergeek said:
Sounds like a typo.

It also sounds like as long as you comply with their request, you'll be done.
That would be amazing!! (crosses fingers)

opmama said:
The same thing happened when we crossed the border (after sponsorship approval) - when the border official looked it up in the system, he wrote down a UCI one digit different. I think that the sponsor gets one number, and the applicant gets a different UCI - I can use either in ECAS. The one I got emailed from CIC shows status of both the sponsorship and residency application, and the one the border guy gave us only shows status of the residency application.
Ok thanks!! It makes sense in a way as there are two people.. just confusing to see it.

Canadavisa_Apr2013

Aug 27, 2013
Chiqsherbet said:
Well, I found the CoPR letter in my mail box now!! I got the DM and the CoPR on the same day. WoW - lol ;D

It's issued on February 24, 2014 so it means they issued my CoPR on the same day when they started processing. I'm not sure when I do the landing as I'm already in the country but before April 10, the expiry date of my CoPR.

Thanks Chala, I believe you should be the next definitely. Just check both yours and your spouse's Ecas if you check it daily basis, as well as your mail box! I know my Ecas said still "application received" yesterday though they already completed my application.
Does anyone know how the COPR expiry date is calculated? Is it linked to the medical date or the application submission date?

Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Canadavisa_Apr2013 said:
Does anyone know how the COPR expiry date is calculated? Is it linked to the medical date or the application submission date?

Thanks!
It is the expiration of the medical or your passport, whichever is sooner. Medicals expire one year after the examination, but may be extended for an additional year at the request of the visa office.