+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia University Fall 2016 - MS Computer Science

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need to send all the documents by mail as soon as possible, reference letters and transcripts to be directly sent by required. person or institution in sealed envelope otherwise there will be delay in your application. in your myconcordoa portal, see to do list in student centre. online uploading is to make process faster but u need to send docs asap.

and once you get conditional letter, they will not issue you a new unconditional letter even if requirements are fulfilled. once you got letter... mail the international student office department about your conditions in letter and they will issue you another certificate to be attached to you application for visa.

and deadline is just for reference. many people applied after deadline for international students and still got admission. Concordia accepts application on rolling basis. don't worry.

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
IKB said:
you need to send all the documents by mail as soon as possible, reference letters and transcripts to be directly sent by required. person or institution in sealed envelope otherwise there will be delay in your application. in your myconcordoa portal, see to do list in student centre. online uploading is to make process faster but u need to send docs asap.

and once you get conditional letter, they will not issue you a new unconditional letter even if requirements are fulfilled. once you got letter... mail the international student office department about your conditions in letter and they will issue you another certificate to be attached to you application for visa.

and deadline is just for reference. many people applied after deadline for international students and still got admission. Concordia accepts application on rolling basis. don't worry.
Ok wat i am going to do is to upload required doecuments except Reference Letters. And at the same time i am going to send all required documents including Reference Letters as well as transcript by Mail as well. Will this be fine ?

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitingwaiting said:
Ok wat i am going to do is to upload required doecuments except Reference Letters. And at the same time i am going to send all required documents including Reference Letters as well as transcript by Mail as well. Will this be fine ?
yeah..good to go.. !

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddy12 said:
Hi I got my admission letter from Concordia for fall 16
Congrats! What's your profile and how long did it took

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
I sent my application documents to this address via FEDEX, is that good ?

Birks Student Service Centre
Room LB-185, J.W. McConnell Building
1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec H3G 2V8

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Hi,

I've just got an offer from Concordia for MAster of Applied Computer Science.
Note that I originally applied for PhD CS, but after waiting for more than 3 months I requested them to consider me for the program.

I've been told that if a supervisor is found I will be able to transfer to PhD based on my previous masters.

My profile:

BCS Professional Graduate Diploma Exam 2012

MSc Software Engineering with distinction from UK 2014

Over 10 years of experience as IT Professional.

This decision is made in less than 24 hours.

I'm still waiting for email to see the offer letter.

Best of luck to all.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
gemfsd said:
Hi,

I've just got an offer from Concordia for MAster of Applied Computer Science.
Note that I originally applied for PhD CS, but after waiting for more than 3 months I requested them to consider me for the program.

I've been told that if a supervisor is found I will be able to transfer to PhD based on my previous masters.

My profile:

BCS Professional Graduate Diploma Exam 2012

MSc Software Engineering with distinction from UK 2014

Over 10 years of experience as IT Professional.

This decision is made in less than 24 hours.

I'm still waiting for email to see the offer letter.

Best of luck to all.
Awesome! Congrats man! That's a step in the right direction

Now starts the endless wait for the offer letter.

They mistakenly gave me an offer letter for Fall 2016 while I applied for Winter 2017. After waiting two weeks to get the erroneous offer letter, I'm now waiting for the past 10 days for the corrected one. :p

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Awesome! Congrats man! That's a step in the right direction

Now starts the endless wait for the offer letter.

They mistakenly gave me an offer letter for Fall 2016 while I applied for Winter 2017. After waiting two weeks to get the erroneous offer letter, I'm now waiting for the past 10 days for the corrected one. :p
Thanks dear. You haven't received hard copy of the letter yet? If you have, how many days it took to arrive the hard copy?

In your case it's not a big issue because you have a lot of time for visa app. The problem is for those who have applied for fall 16

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
gemfsd said:
Thanks dear. You haven't received hard copy of the letter yet? If you have, how many days it took to arrive the hard copy?

In your case it's not a big issue because you have a lot of time for visa app. The problem is for those who have applied for fall 16
Nope. not yet. My documents were delivered to Concordia on 27th June so I guess they would not have processed them yet. Plus they need to get their act together and issue me a corrected offer letter first

I think there is a way for you to pay them money to send offer letter via courier instead of snail mail. Google it. I think I read it on the ISO page of concordia but can't recall right now. Call the ISO and confirm this

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
send your request at courierletter@concordia.ca to get offer letter by courier.

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
IKB said:
send your request at courierletter@concordia.ca to get offer letter by courier.
Thank you for providing the email address.
Do I need to pay the confirmation fee of cad250 before they send the letter?
I want to review the conditions of my admission before proceeding.

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wait for PDF copy then .. you will get in 2-3 days... or contact agi csordas to send PDF of offer letter..