Concordia University Fall 2016 - MS Computer Science

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello the people of this wonderful forum :D

Please has anyone received a decision for masters application at concordia? I applied since early February and no reply, my status is 'Your file is being assessed we will notify you once a decision has been made... And I have sent them e-mail without reply, I called today and was put on wait for 15 minutes...had to end the call.

The decision for admission in Canadian universities takes longer than anywhere in the world and it is really frustrating..

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harvijay1001 said:
Which person from the admissions office did you call?
I don't really know. Called this number +1514-848-2424 ext 2668

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
inuwa2 said:
Hello the people of this wonderful forum :D

Please has anyone received a decision for masters application at concordia? I applied since early February and no reply, my status is 'Your file is being assessed we will notify you once a decision has been made... And I have sent them e-mail without reply, I called today and was put on wait for 15 minutes...had to end the call.

The decision for admission in Canadian universities takes longer than anywhere in the world and it is really frustrating..
I've applied for PhD CS for fall 2016, and still still awaiting an outcome.
My app was completed on 21 April, 2016.
I contacted them few days ago by email and got the following response.

There has been no decision made yet on your application.

Due to the number of applications that we receive for the Fall session, it usually takes a minimum of about 8 weeks before complete applications are evaluated by an Admissions Advisor. Applications to thesis programs may be delayed further if the applicant is qualified but no supervisor has been found yet. Have you already been in contact with any potential supervisors?

Still no update yet.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
inuwa2 said:
I don't really know. Called this number +1514-848-2424 ext 2668
I don't know who 2668 is.

Well call up Halina at extension 3043 or Edwina at 3042. I found them quite helpful.

Be brief and direct though and speak clearly. They don't really have too much patience :p

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Just checked my status online and I have been offered a conditional admit for Winter 2017 MEng Software Engineering.

I submitted my application on 20th May and preliminary assessment and required docs were complete by 28th May!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Just checked my status online and I have been offered a conditional admit for Winter 2017 MEng Software Engineering.

I submitted my application on 20th May and preliminary assessment and required docs were complete by 28th May!

Congratulations!!!

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemfsd said:
I've applied for PhD CS for fall 2016, and still still awaiting an outcome.
My app was completed on 21 April, 2016.
I contacted them few days ago by email and got the following response.

There has been no decision made yet on your application.

Due to the number of applications that we receive for the Fall session, it usually takes a minimum of about 8 weeks before complete applications are evaluated by an Admissions Advisor. Applications to thesis programs may be delayed further if the applicant is qualified but no supervisor has been found yet. Have you already been in contact with any potential supervisors?

Still no update yet.
Nope! No any potential supervisor that I get in contact with. I think it is more appropriate to get in contact with potential supervisor only after there is a conditional offer at place.

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harvijay1001 said:
I don't know who 2668 is.

Well call up Halina at extension 3043 or Edwina at 3042. I found them quite helpful.

Be brief and direct though and speak clearly. They don't really have too much patience :p
Oh I will call one of them. Thanks! :D

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harvijay1001 said:

Wow! That was quick. Congratulations! What is your profile? And did they send you an e-mail to notify you of the offer?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Thank you!

So far there has been no e-mail but I guess they are supposed to send me the PDF acceptance letter soon.

I checked my application status and it said I was conditionally accepted.

Submitted application on 20th May.

Preliminary Assessment and missing docs completed on 28th May.

Status changed online on 6th June :)

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harvijay1001 said:
Thank you!

So far there has been no e-mail but I guess they are supposed to send me the PDF acceptance letter soon.

I checked my application status and it said I was conditionally accepted.

Submitted application on 20th May.

Preliminary Assessment and missing docs completed on 28th May.

Status changed online on 6th June :)
Wow! That's great, all the best man

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
I applied for the course in April and still haven't heard from them. I mailed them regarding this and this was the reply:

"You have applied to the thesis option, therefore you must have a supervisor to be admitted. It appears that there is no supervisor available at present. Due to the volume of applications, it is not possible to know when you will receive a decision."

May 29, 2016
harvijay1001 said:

share you education profile