+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia University Fall 2016 - MS Computer Science

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
I think, for streamlining the admission process for prospective research students, universities should publish the number of places for research students that each supervisor will be accepting for the current session. This number should be updated regularly to reflect the current available places. Once all places are filled no more applications should be accepted.

In my opinion this will help tremendously all those who are in the process of applying for thesis-based degree programs. I don't know how many applicants like us are being constantly tortured waiting for a supervisor to determine their destinies.

Leaving the final decision to the discretion of supervisors gives rise to the monopolization.

I strongly feel that there should be something done by universities, or even government should intervene to resolve such issues.

anu7777

Jun 21, 2016
Got acceptance email for fall 2016 on June 18 and I accepted the offer on the portal. Has anyone received the official admit letter? I don't have any official letter(neither online nor hardcopy), although I can see my student center portal showing the status that I have accepted the offer. How can I proceed? Can someone please help? Has anyone received the admit letter for fall 2016?

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
anu7777 said:
Got acceptance email for fall 2016 on June 18 and I accepted the offer on the portal. Has anyone received the official admit letter? I don't have any official letter(neither online nor hardcopy), although I can see my student center portal showing the status that I have accepted the offer. How can I proceed? Can someone please help? Has anyone received the admit letter for fall 2016?
Are you a thesis student?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
anu7777 said:
Accept the offer and pay the 250$ deposit.

Within a week you will receive an e-mail from application.centre@concordia.ca containing a PDF offer letter detailing conditions of your admit and other details.

Use those details to apply for CAQ

while you wait for CAQ, send hard copies of documents as requested in PDF offer letter

anu7777

Jun 21, 2016
Thanks Harvijay. I just made the payment. What documents did they ask you to submit? Have you already applied for CAQ and visa? Are you a fall 2016 student too?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
anu7777 said:
Thanks Harvijay. I just made the payment. What documents did they ask you to submit? Have you already applied for CAQ and visa? Are you a fall 2016 student too?
Transcripts, Letters of recommendation and IELTS TRF.

I also have 3 pre-requisite courses I have to complete as part of a qualifying program since I'm changing streams from ECE to SE.

I applied for Winter 2017 but since they are sending out Fall 2016 admits right now, they got the dates on my offer letter wrong. They acknowledged the mistake and will issue a new one to me soon.

I will apply for CAQ after that

rajvirgrewal62

Jun 18, 2016
harvijay1001 said:
Just checked my status online and I have been offered a conditional admit for Winter 2017 MEng Software Engineering.

I submitted my application on 20th May and preliminary assessment and required docs were complete by 28th May!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
hey bro.. i have applied for winter 2017 today. what will be expected time ?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
rajvirgrewal62 said:
About a week for preliminary assessment and then 2-4 weeks for decision.

At least that's what they took for my decision but there are people who applied for Fall 2016 and I got a faster decision than them.

anu7777

Jun 21, 2016
@Harvijay Can we apply for CAQ and study permit at the same time? Has anyone applied for either of those? any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
rajvirgrewal62 said:
Bro, do u know the Deadline for the Masters in Applied Computer Sciences program at Concordia for Winter 2017 ?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
anu7777 said:
@Harvijay Can we apply for CAQ and study permit at the same time? Has anyone applied for either of those? any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm not sure about it since I haven't been through the CAQ and SP process yet.

But I read somewhere (I think it was on the international students facebook group) that this guy applied for study permit by submitting a copy of receipt of his CAQ application and had his CAQ and SP approved within 5 weeks total.

MIDI would approve CAQ and transmit the info to CIC and then CIC would further process your SP, so it should be possible.

Call up CIC and confirm. Also ask the ISO for advice

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
waitingwaiting said:
Anyone know the Admission deadline for the INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS for MASTERS IN APPLIED COMPUTERS for JANUARY 2017 ?
"Admission Application Deadlines for International (Study Permit) Students vary depending on the program. International applicants must arrange for all required documentation to be in the appropriate office by the admission deadline. As a general rule, the following application deadlines must be respected: February 15 for September admission; June 15 for January admission; and October 15 for May admission. "

Call them up and confirm as they may till accept your application

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anu7777 said:
you have to get CAQ prior applying for SP. apply for it ASAP. u can apply for so with its PDF copy also. it tale min 1 month for CAQ. u need to rush.