+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia University Fall 2016 - MS Computer Science

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
inuwa2 said:
Hello the people of this wonderful forum :D

Please has anyone received a decision for masters application at concordia? I applied since early February and no reply, my status is 'Your file is being assessed we will notify you once a decision has been made... And I have sent them e-mail without reply, I called today and was put on wait for 15 minutes...had to end the call.

The decision for admission in Canadian universities takes longer than anywhere in the world and it is really frustrating..
Hi inuwa2

Have you received any updates on your file yet?

I am curious because I have also applied to research degree and haven't heard anything so far.

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
vishlion said:
I applied for the course in April and still haven't heard from them. I mailed them regarding this and this was the reply:

"You have applied to the thesis option, therefore you must have a supervisor to be admitted. It appears that there is no supervisor available at present. Due to the volume of applications, it is not possible to know when you will receive a decision."
Hi Vishlion,

Any updates on your admission application?

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemfsd said:
Hi inuwa2

Have you received any updates on your file yet?

I am curious because I have also applied to research degree and haven't heard anything so far.
Unfortunately no. It's disappointing :(

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemfsd said:
Hopefully this week may bring some news...
It might be too late for me. Even if they let me in, the study permit processing time in my country is 14 weeks :-[

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
gemfsd said:
Hi Vishlion,

Any updates on your admission application?
Nothing yet. Although, I sent them an email yesterday asking for the same. Let's wait and watch.

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
inuwa2 said:
It might be too late for me. Even if they let me in, the study permit processing time in my country is 14 weeks :-[
If your application is successful, you may be given extension or alternatively you may be able to deffer to a later session i.e winter 2017...

inuwa2

Jan 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Lagos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gemfsd said:
If your application is successful, you may be given extension or alternatively you may be able to deffer to a later session i.e winter 2017...
well, Lets cross fingers and hope for the best then

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Hey!

My Student Center just got updated with a row for qualifying program.

I believe I'll have to take some pre-requisites since my undergrad was in ECE(ONE OF MY BIGGEST REGRETS :( )

Anybody who had the same experience? Were you asked to take any pre-requisites by Concordia?

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
Well, I mailed them couple of days ago asking about the status of my application and once again they replied me back with same thing:
"You have applied for the thesis option, therefore you must be assigned a supervisor to be admitted. It appears that a supervisor is not available at this time. "

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
harvijay1001 said:
Hey!

My Student Center just got updated with a row for qualifying program.

I believe I'll have to take some pre-requisites since my undergrad was in ECE(ONE OF MY BIGGEST REGRETS :( )

Anybody who had the same experience? Were you asked to take any pre-requisites by Concordia?
Update!

Just received the offer letter and it says it's for Fall 2016 even though I applied for Winter 2017 :O

Along with three pre-requisites which is fine, basic foundation courses.

Now I'll have to pay them deferral fee for 25 $? Ugh!

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
harvijay1001 said:
Update!

Just received the offer letter and it says it's for Fall 2016 even though I applied for Winter 2017 :O

Along with three pre-requisites which is fine, basic foundation courses.

Now I'll have to pay them deferral fee for 25 $? Ugh!
Did you applied for the thesis option?

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
I had applied to UofM for MS Pharmacology & Therapeutics (Winter 2017 admission) and was fortunate enough to receive conditional offer, the conditions being:
1) successful completion of my current program with minimum grade of B in my last 2 years of study (which is not an issue as I have completed my academics and is currently doing my 1 year internship)
2) submission of final transcript and a copy of the final degree certificate
However, most universities in India issue provisional degree certificates on graduation and provide the degree certificate much later (approx 6 to 10 months after graduation). I would be graduating towards the end of August and would receive the provisional degree certificate in September.
Considering my graduation time from India, UofM FGS had provided me ample time till October to submit my final degree certificate, which I might receive only by June 2017
I would be grateful if someone could inform me on whether I could use provisional degree certificate instead of original degree certificate to secure unconditional/final acceptance from UofM.