+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complications in my experience letters!!!

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

Two years ago I left a company and started to work for its rival company. I accumulated about 4 years up there, but due to this ridiculous competition they now refuse to give me any reference/ experience letter. I have some alternatives regarding those 4 years such as my pay slips, my monthly paid insurance, my yearly contracts, and even a letter of reference from my ex-boss who is now running his own company. After all do you think this would be ok like this, and if so, do I have to attach an explanation to my cic profile?!!

Any comments would be deeply appreciated.

Regards

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Two years ago I left a company and started to work for its rival company. I accumulated about 4 years up there, but due to this ridiculous competition they now refuse to give me any reference/ experience letter. I have some alternatives regarding those 4 years such as my pay slips, my monthly paid insurance, my yearly contracts, and even a letter of reference from my ex-boss who is now running his own company. After all do you think this would be ok like this, and if so, do I have to attach an explanation to my cic profile?!!

Any comments would be deeply appreciated.

Regards
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
If your letter from ex-boss can meet the above mentioned requirements then you can submit it by notarizing and also support the claim with all other documents you have mentioned in your post. Scan them and merge them together to create a single pdf file and upload in the respective employment proof placeholder. Yes you should write an explanation letter and upload in "client information" placeholder. Documents upload placeholders will be available once you finish filling up the Application for Permanent Residence which you will get after ITA. If you haven't got ITA yet then at this time in your EE profile nothing to explain, just information needed.

However I must warn you, if you cannot meet the IRCC condition of experience letter in Company letterhead then most probably your eligibility will be tagged as "Review Required" by the Case Analyst, means a Visa Officer must go through the documents again before you pass the eligibility. Currently "Review Required" queue is quite long and it is taking 6 months to a year to complete the review and finalize your file. So be mentally prepared for this unavoidable delay. If you want to avoid it then you must talk to your previous company regarding this and get an Official Letter meeting the above mentioned requirements. You can check these links about the review required cases-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-eligibility-review-required-lets-get-together-here.503779/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-am-stuck-at-eligibility-review-required-need-help.572282/

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Arshan

Jun 14, 2017
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
If your letter from ex-boss can meet the above mentioned requirements then you can submit it by notarizing and also support the claim with all other documents you have mentioned in your post. Scan them and merge them together to create a single pdf file and upload in the respective employment proof placeholder. Yes you should write an explanation letter and upload in "client information" placeholder. Documents upload placeholders will be available once you finish filling up the Application for Permanent Residence which you will get after ITA. If you haven't got ITA yet then at this time in your EE profile nothing to explain, just information needed.

However I must warn you, if you cannot meet the IRCC condition of experience letter in Company letterhead then most probably your eligibility will be tagged as "Review Required" by the Case Analyst, means a Visa Officer must go through the documents again before you pass the eligibility. Currently "Review Required" queue is quite long and it is taking 6 months to a year to complete the review and finalize your file. So be mentally prepared for this unavoidable delay. If you want to avoid it then you must talk to your previous company regarding this and get an Official Letter meeting the above mentioned requirements. You can check these links about the review required cases-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-eligibility-review-required-lets-get-together-here.503779/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-am-stuck-at-eligibility-review-required-need-help.572282/

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
Thank you so very much for your kind response. It really helped.