+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC SHOULD GIVE ADAPTABILITY POINTS FOR SPOUSE ENGLISH LEVEL ALSO

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
I really think CIC should give more attention to their "ADAPTABILITY" points. As it stands, they only give points for spouse education level which is fine but they neglect to focus on the spouses english level which is just as important or even a more important factor for adaptability. EX: What if spouse 1 has an engineering mayor and masters degree or a Phd. but absolutely no english capability? He gets 5 points. But spouse 2 has just a 1 year diploma and is a native english speaker, he gets only 3 points. I think CIC should start giving extra points for spouse english level as an incentive for spouses to better their english capabilities. It is also fair.

EX: Any spouse who provides IELTS test with a band score of 6.5 or higher will get 1 extra point.

Another factor which should fetch extra points is when both principal applicant and spouse are on the NOC priority list for FSW. CIC is getting 2 for 1 so they should pay for that with points!!!

EX: If spouse of principal applicant is also on FSW priority NOC list, 1 extra point will be awarded.

Just thinking out loud! ;D

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Nice input from you dear . But please give your input to CIC directly.

It my kind request to take part in CIC`s feedback survey on FSW program. Please give your honest reply to CIC for better FSW program in near future .

here is link

http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/fswp-ptqf/?l=en

Regards,
Mayank

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Tried but takes too long.

mayankpandya said:
Nice input from you dear . But please give your input to CIC directly.

It my kind request to take part in CIC`s feedback survey on FSW program. Please give your honest reply to CIC for better FSW program in near future .

here is link

http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/fswp-ptqf/?l=en

Regards,
Mayank

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Yes, but its best way for all of us to give our views to CIC.

Roger55 said:
Tried but takes too long.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I think Roger and Mayank have very valid points.
1. I am seeing cases (two lovely families who live across the street from me are my reference point) where the family comes to Canada, buys a nice house and the children settle into school. Dad goes back to the "old country" and leaves Mum and children in Canada. The funny part of it is that the mother then learns English as her children progress and it is the Dad whose English falls behind as he only gets here for holidays and it is my guess there isn't a lot of English spoken in his presence. It is really hard to break into a community when you don't speak the language, so I think additional points for both spouses' language ability is a good idea.

2. Encouraging forum members to take the time to complete the questionnaire is another good idea.
+1 for you both.....

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Thanks Pippin for your +1.. nice view....

Pippin said:
1. I am seeing cases (two lovely families who live across the street from me are my reference point) where the family comes to Canada, buys a nice house and the children settle into school. Dad goes back to the "old country" and leaves Mum and children in Canada. The funny part of it is that the mother then learns English as her children progress and it is the Dad whose English falls behind as he only gets here for holidays and it is my guess there isn't a lot of English spoken in his presence. It is really hard to break into a community when you don't speak the language, so I think additional points for both spouses' language ability is a good idea.

2. Encouraging forum members to take the time to complete the questionnaire is another good idea.
+1 for you both.....

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks Pippin, Ill give it a try. Maybe if many of us give this opinion it will make a difference.

Triumph

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Roger55 said:
I really think CIC should give more attention to their "ADAPTABILITY" points. As it stands, they only give points for spouse education level which is fine but they neglect to focus on the spouses english level which is just as important or even a more important factor for adaptability. EX: What if spouse 1 has an engineering mayor and masters degree or a Phd. but absolutely no english capability? He gets 5 points. But spouse 2 has just a 1 year diploma and is a native english speaker, he gets only 3 points. I think CIC should start giving extra points for spouse english level as an incentive for spouses to better their english capabilities. It is also fair.

EX: Any spouse who provides IELTS test with a band score of 6.5 or higher will get 1 extra point.

Another factor which should fetch extra points is when both principal applicant and spouse are on the NOC priority list for FSW. CIC is getting 2 for 1 so they should pay for that with points!!!

EX: If spouse of principal applicant is also on FSW priority NOC list, 1 extra point will be awarded.

Just thinking out loud! ;D
Dear I am agree with you, but it does not make any changes

Bro. mail your Idea to Immigration department

How's about that

8) 8)

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Pippin said:

+1 for you both.....
Nice input: "additional points for spouses' language ability"
Anyone care to think about Young, Energetic, Unmarried guys like me? How can we earn additional points? ???

My proposal: Award 14 points for applicants aged below 30 years
12 points for 31-35 years
10 points for 36-40 years

regards,
Dr.Hasib

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Single people, as usual are a stigma to society.
;)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Nice input: "additional points for spouses' language ability"
Anyone care to think about Young, Energetic, Unmarried guys like me? How can we earn additional points? ???

regards,
Dr.Hasib
CIC is looking for Skilled Workers not prospective Grooms. ;)
Unless CIC comes out with Federal Hunk Category sometime in the near future !

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
yukon said:
CIC is looking for Skilled Workers not prospective Grooms. ;)
Unless CIC comes out with Federal Hunk Category sometime in the near future !
you missed my proposal :mad:

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
you missed my proposal :mad:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-02-17a.asp

Placing greater emphasis on younger workers

Immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 and 30 have been found to have the greatest economic impact on the receiving country. Younger immigrants have higher rates of employment and earnings than older immigrants. By contrast, immigrants aged 45 or older experience unemployment rates almost double those aged 25–34 years.

The selection system currently awards the maximum of 10 points to applicants up to age 49. Approximately 27% of federal skilled workers who arrived between 2000 and 2006 were over the age of 40. CIC will consult on the proposed changes to award a maximum of 12 points until age 35, with diminishing points awarded until age 49. No age points would be awarded after age 50.