Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi, I need some help/advice!

Unfortunately, when I fedexed my passport to London I foolishly put a value on it, I forget how much, but not alot. Anyway, today i received an email from London saying that there is a customs charge I need to pay and until i do then they won't process my file anymore. The email said I need to contact fedex to pay the fee, but when i did this fedex say it's already been paid. The charge can be transferred to us, but in order to do that CHC London has to open a fedex account so that is unlikely. The easiest way is apparently to just pay london the money, but I don't know how to do this. I tried calling earlier to a direct number that was on the email, but there was no answer, the offices close early it seems. So I left a voice message. I have also replied to the email.

Has this happened to anyone before? What is the best and fastest way forward from here?

Thanks so much!

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
Somewhat similar, but Oliverp used DHL and they downright refused delivery.... but maybe you could find a useful piece or two of info anyway :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/delivery-refused-t66171.30.html

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Hi, I need some help/advice!

Unfortunately, when I fedexed my passport to London I foolishly put a value on it, I forget how much, but not alot. Anyway, today i received an email from London saying that there is a customs charge I need to pay and until i do then they won't process my file anymore. The email said I need to contact fedex to pay the fee, but when i did this fedex say it's already been paid. The charge can be transferred to us, but in order to do that CHC London has to open a fedex account so that is unlikely. The easiest way is apparently to just pay london the money, but I don't know how to do this. I tried calling earlier to a direct number that was on the email, but there was no answer, the offices close early it seems. So I left a voice message. I have also replied to the email.

Has this happened to anyone before? What is the best and fastest way forward from here?

Thanks so much!
It has happened before, applicants should always send documents and their passport with a zero value.
I think you are doing all you can. Just keep calling and emailing London until you get through.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Argh so frustrating!!
Thanks guys!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Argh so frustrating!!
Thanks guys!
This is just another thing sent to try you - just think how good it will feel when you are all done :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Baloo said:
This is just another thing sent to try you - just think how good it will feel when you are all done :)
It will feel SO good!
I brought this last hurdle on myself though but i'll just deal with it. There is nothing more I can do today - will call tomorrow morning and try and fix it.
Wish me luck!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
It will feel SO good!
I brought this last hurdle on myself though but i'll just deal with it. There is nothing more I can do today - will call tomorrow morning and try and fix it.
Wish me luck!
You need a smile...

As I mentioned elsewhere:

Sending in the application is like a being a pregnant mouse, eventually giving birth to a baby elephant.

You know it is "nearly there" (for months on end),
it is very painful to actually get it delivered,
and you are really happy when it is finally done......

After all that effort - have a rest from the process

You are nearly there, sooooooo close!!!

GOOD LUCK

whitehorsejk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 1st, 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13th, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 6th, 2011
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 26th, 2011
LANDED..........
Fall of 2011
Pinklady...

As I might have said in the 80's...bummer! That really sucks. I hope you can get it sorted out soon. Good luck tomorrow with the call.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey,
So I managed to get throught his morning and speak with someone, she was very nice and helpful actualtl and told me I could call or email her if i needed to.
I have sent a postal order to london which should arrive tomorrow and the girl i spoke with is going to look into the situation for me.
I feel abit better about it now, but still gutted i've delayed things for myself.
You live and learn!

Thanks whitehorsejk

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Hey,
So I managed to get throught his morning and speak with someone, she was very nice and helpful actualtl and told me I could call or email her if i needed to.
I have sent a postal order to london which should arrive tomorrow and the girl i spoke with is going to look into the situation for me.
I feel abit better about it now, but still gutted i've delayed things for myself.
You live and learn!

Thanks whitehorsejk
Hmm, it has been a long time since I have seen such a good use for a postal order.

Well, things should move on now you have a personal friend on the inside :)
Fingers crossed for you.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Baloo said:
Well, things should move on now you have a personal friend on the inside :)
I hope so! :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Just a quick update, i sent a postal order which arrived on monday.
I emailed my friend on the inside asking if she knew when my passport would be posted back to me, so she emailed PHEP dep for me and they said at the end of the week.
SO hopefully it'll be sent on friday, phew, what a palaver!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Just a quick update, i sent a postal order which arrived on monday.
I emailed my friend on the inside asking if she knew when my passport would be posted back to me, so she emailed PHEP dep for me and they said at the end of the week.
SO hopefully it'll be sent on friday, phew, what a palaver!
Nice to know it is moving :)

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
I could use a friend in the London office to tell me if they have sent the flippin letter they promised three weeks ago!!

Glad things are sorted with your passport. Hope you get it back very soon with that lovely visa attached!