20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
lostsoul27 said:
Please excuse my language but i am really upset right now... What the hell is background check and how long does it take...

As mentioned in the previous threads by me.. my case was forwarded in Islamabad June 2009. i recieved the request for Re-Medical in January 2010... and then after doing the re-medical my husband recieved a letter for re submission of police certificate in end of April 2010.. now, my MP wrote to the embassy, and we recieved the following reply today

In response to your e-mail below, please be advised that our office has received Police Certificate and file will be forwarded for background checks. We do not know how long these will take but we will inform the applicant when we (receive the results and) are ready to process this case further.

All i can say is " Not very encouraging" What do they mean by the fact that they will send it for back ground checks and then will let us know when the freaking results come if they can process it further.. i was hoping to recieve the PPR now... seems like the idiots want more information.. i have provided everything... all suplementary forms... every single thing... why have they not sent the case for background checks already.. its been a month since they recieved the police certificate for the second time.... if they call my husband for an interview... i swear that will be like way over.....
Cannot remove ur frustration but u asked abt baclground checks follow this link n try to find out where u standssss ?????????????????????????
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/family-class/439623477/timeline-on-background-checks

B

bestplace4u

Any Idea whats the postal address of CHC ISB for Courier service as they dont accept the P O Boxes anyone has used Courier to send their docs to ISB?

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
lostsoul27 said:
Please excuse my language but i am really upset right now... What the hell is background check and how long does it take...

As mentioned in the previous threads by me.. my case was forwarded in Islamabad June 2009. i recieved the request for Re-Medical in January 2010... and then after doing the re-medical my husband recieved a letter for re submission of police certificate in end of April 2010.. now, my MP wrote to the embassy, and we recieved the following reply today

In response to your e-mail below, please be advised that our office has received Police Certificate and file will be forwarded for background checks. We do not know how long these will take but we will inform the applicant when we (receive the results and) are ready to process this case further.

All i can say is " Not very encouraging" What do they mean by the fact that they will send it for back ground checks and then will let us know when the freaking results come if they can process it further.. i was hoping to recieve the PPR now... seems like the idiots want more information.. i have provided everything... all suplementary forms... every single thing... why have they not sent the case for background checks already.. its been a month since they recieved the police certificate for the second time.... if they call my husband for an interview... i swear that will be like way over.....

[/quote uUR inbox is full can u delete it so that u can receive my msgs

oozz

May 31, 2010
Hi folks,
I sponsored my wife and CHC-Islamabad started processing the application on Aug 31, 2009. They asked for the updated police certificate in Feb 2010, which we sent right away. But no news since then. It has been exactly 9 months since CHC, Islamabad started processing the application.

I see that many of you have suggested to talk to the MP. What exactly is the MP and what is the best way to contact MP?

Thanks,
Usman

hh2009

Jun 1, 2010
Hello,

Here is my timeline

20/12/09 - Application Received at CPC-M
19/01/10 - Approved
25/01/10 - File sent to CHC Islamabad
19/02/10 - AOR Received
Waiting....

I requested my MP to get me an udpate from CHC ISB and the conversation was like this

MP: The file is in the queue for IO - ususally it takes 4-5 months for the file to get in the queue.
ME: What is this queue for? Does this mean the file hasn't been touched since Feb 2010?
MP: No it hasn't been worked on
ME: So the background check hasn't been initiated? Document verfication?
MP: Nope, nothing has been done to your file - please contact us again in November 2010.

Does anyone know when the background check begins? Is it right after AOR is received or when the file status is changed to "IN PROCESS"? I have reasons to believe that this MP agent didn't know what he was talking about.

Can anyone else shed some light?

Thanks,

HH

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
oozz said:
Hi folks,
I sponsored my wife and CHC-Islamabad started processing the application on Aug 31, 2009. They asked for the updated police certificate in Feb 2010, which we sent right away. But no news since then. It has been exactly 9 months since CHC, Islamabad started processing the application.

I see that many of you have suggested to talk to the MP. What exactly is the MP and what is the best way to contact MP?

Thanks,
Usman
Member of parliment ................. they r in Canada, if u r in canada trace ur MP n get time from him/her n they can get u update from CHC-Islamabad n here is the website from where u can trace them just put in ur or ur spouses postal code n u wil get all detials of ur MP ............ (http://www2.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc) enjoy n pray 4 me

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
hh2009 said:
Hello,

Here is my timeline

20/12/09 - Application Received at CPC-M
19/01/10 - Approved
25/01/10 - File sent to CHC Islamabad
19/02/10 - AOR Received
Waiting....

I requested my MP to get me an udpate from CHC ISB and the conversation was like this

MP: The file is in the queue for IO - ususally it takes 4-5 months for the file to get in the queue.
ME: What is this queue for? Does this mean the file hasn't been touched since Feb 2010?
MP: No it hasn't been worked on
ME: So the background check hasn't been initiated? Document verfication?
MP: Nope, nothing has been done to your file - please contact us again in November 2010.

Does anyone know when the background check begins? Is it right after AOR is received or when the file status is changed to "IN PROCESS"? I have reasons to believe that this MP agent didn't know what he was talking about.

Can anyone else shed some light?

Thanks,

HH
@ hh2009
Dear in simple words procedure is in 3 stages
1. Genuineness of relationship (marraige is genuine or not)
2. Background checks (it can take from minimum 90 days nowadays only for girls 2 maximum anytime but mostly 180 days to 210 days)
3. Remdical (If required by then)/ Passport Request
U can c my timeline i hv crossed all limits n my background checjs took almost 12 months or so as i hv served in PAK ARMY so it all depends wt ur education is, where u belong, where u studied, ur job etc etc etc if u wana check for further details visit a link which i m sending u n place urself in it where u stands Being Pakistanis now 1 thing i sure that it is almost 180 days background check now nothing les then that here is link
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/family-class/439623477/timeline-on-background-checks
hope answered ur few questions

hh2009

Jun 1, 2010
Thanks asimkhan!

I am sponsoring my wife so I hope it takes less time!

But do you know what the MP means by "queue for IO"? As far as my understanding goes, Immigration Officer (IO) only looks at the file when its complete (all forms, document verification and background check). The job of IO is to make a decision based on a complete file. What do you think?

Thanks,

HH

Riz2canada

Jun 1, 2010
Hi, i am new to the forum and want some information regarding Family sponsorship.

I recently got married and need to know the procdure for sponsoring my wife. What is the average time for this process and is it obligatory for husband to live in canada while the case of wife is under process.

Thanks

Rizwan

ch33rez

May 27, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2009
Doc's Request.
07/11/2010 & 23/12/2010
AOR Received.
20/11/2009
File Transfer...
22/10/2009
Med's Request
20/05/2011
Med's Done....
29/06/2009 & 26/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/07/2011
Well I am new to this forum and just want to post my timeline to get your feedback!

Application sent to CPC-M - 23/09/2009
Application sent to ISB embassy - 04/11/2009
Application process started at ISB - 14/11/2009
AOR recieved - 20/11/2009
waiting...
Additional volenteer documents sent - 26/05/2010
Address appears on Ecas - 28/05/2010
waiting...

asimkhan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/09
File Transfer...
21/04/09
Med's Done....
06/01/09
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
hh2009 said:
Thanks asimkhan!

I am sponsoring my wife so I hope it takes less time!

But do you know what the MP means by "queue for IO"? As far as my understanding goes, Immigration Officer (IO) only looks at the file when its complete (all forms, document verification and background check). The job of IO is to make a decision based on a complete file. What do you think?

Thanks,

HH
To my uderstanding QUEUE for IO means file has not been viewed by IO yet n it is in line waiting 4 its turn to be viewed by IO n yes IO gets fully completed file he just read the observations made by clerikal staff on file n then he go through the documents n at end he add his comments in file thast it

ch33rez

May 27, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2009
Doc's Request.
07/11/2010 & 23/12/2010
AOR Received.
20/11/2009
File Transfer...
22/10/2009
Med's Request
20/05/2011
Med's Done....
29/06/2009 & 26/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/07/2011
hh2009 said:
ch33rez,

Who is being sponsored? Wife or husband?

HH

my wife sponsored me...

hh2009

Jun 1, 2010
asimkhan said:
To my uderstanding QUEUE for IO means file has not been viewed by IO yet n it is in line waiting 4 its turn to be viewed by IO n yes IO gets fully completed file he just read the observations made by clerikal staff on file n then he go through the documents n at end he add his comments in file thast it
Thanks!