+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
jaweda said:
Hey i have a question regarding my wifes application timeline for visa. Under status it says in processing what does this actually mean. Does it mean that the visa officer has the file and is looking into it or they have not received it yet. And my other question is we sent an email back in february asking for an update on my file. They replied back saying they received the receipt and its in processing times or we have not provided enough information to verify indentity. Does this mean that they need more documents to support our identity or it could be the other thing which is in processing. Iam sponsoring from afghanistan and we dont have an embassy there so thats why we sent the file to islamabad. On the cic.gc.ca website the timeline for pakistan is about 9months, but i know a few families that recently applied got there visa within 4 months. We started the process in nov 18/2009 so its been about 6months now. So i need someone who has been through this to explain what they did differently that their application was approved within 4months and did not take as long as mine. Please any information that would help speed things up would be greatly appreciated.

Salam Jawed r u afghan...and ur sponsoring ur wife frm afghanistan me to im sponsoring my husband frm afghanistan.....can u plz share ur timeline.....and in processing it means theyre either reviewing ur application or they havent yett reviewed it.... do u have a MP?

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"in process" means they have started processing your file. and about the "enough information to verify your identity" means you probably didnt give them your file number, name, date of birth etc when you sent them the email. They ask you for all that information so they can locate your file. also, dont bother with emailing them, its usually just a generic reply.
its only been 6 months for you. so you still have little bit of waiting to do. those people with 4 months just got super super lucky :p
good luck!

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
muhammad 2528 said:
just wana know how long it takes for the ppr after having remedical and pcc
Within One Month

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
anybody who applied last year(2009) from pakistan,( husband sponsoring wife ) kindly let me know how long there whole process took... Please i will really appreciate it.

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
I applied for my husband's immigration in May 2009 .. Recieved an approval from Mississauga in June. The case started processing in Islamabad June 2009. In October 2009 they sent me a letter saying that they want proof that i am planning to re-establish in Canada. At that time i was in Pakistan. provided them the proof by November 2009. In Feb 2010 recieved request for remedical . In April recieved request for re submission of police certificate. Now i am waiting for more...

Just wondering i have faxed and e-mailed the embassy to change my mailing address now because it takes very long for me to recieve the letters here in Canada. Its been 2 weeks since i have submitted the police clearence for the second time.. How long do you think it will take for me to recieve a letter from the embassy. Do you think they will ask for something else. From what i have read after re-medical and resubmission of police certificate they usually just send the PPR i have never seen anyone getting refused after this. I am really worried.. been living alone without my 1 yr old daughter and husband for the past 7 months... also, do you think by changing my mailing address at this point i have made a mistake.

Need some feedback... please help!!!

peacekeeper

Star Member
Apr 28, 2008
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-29-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2009
shaimaa said:
anybody who applied last year(2009) from pakistan,( husband sponsoring wife ) kindly let me know how long there whole process took... Please i will really appreciate it.
Depend Case to Case, usually 9 - 12 months, can be less then this

peacekeeper

Star Member
Apr 28, 2008
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-29-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2009
lostsoul27 said:
I applied for my husband's immigration in May 2009 .. Recieved an approval from Mississauga in June. The case started processing in Islamabad June 2009. In October 2009 they sent me a letter saying that they want proof that i am planning to re-establish in Canada. At that time i was in Pakistan. provided them the proof by November 2009. In Feb 2010 recieved request for remedical . In April recieved request for re submission of police certificate. Now i am waiting for more...

Just wondering i have faxed and e-mailed the embassy to change my mailing address now because it takes very long for me to recieve the letters here in Canada. Its been 2 weeks since i have submitted the police clearence for the second time.. How long do you think it will take for me to recieve a letter from the embassy. Do you think they will ask for something else. From what i have read after re-medical and resubmission of police certificate they usually just send the PPR i have never seen anyone getting refused after this. I am really worried.. been living alone without my 1 yr old daughter and husband for the past 7 months... also, do you think by changing my mailing address at this point i have made a mistake.

Need some feedback... please help!!!

No its not a mistake, Hope soon your Husband will receive PPR..

R

raja21

Salaam

To all here problem is that my wife submitted my case in first week of jan 2010 from Qubec Canada but still no response
not confirmation letter received or not approval letter received yet

some one want comments on this situation :'(

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raja21 said:
Salaam

To all here problem is that my wife submitted my case in first week of jan 2010 from Qubec Canada but still no response
not confirmation letter received or not approval letter received yet

some one want comments on this situation :'(
that is relly wierd you should contact your office in Quebec and see whats going on!

B

bestplace4u

psionator said:
that is relly wierd you should contact your office in Quebec and see whats going on!
Hello psionator have you rcvd the AOR from ISB my application was forwarded to ISB on 1st May still waiting for AOR.

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
Hello psionator have you rcvd the AOR from ISB my application was forwarded to ISB on 1st May still waiting for AOR.
no not yet. Mine was forwarded to ISB on May 6.. so I'm hoping to get the AOR first week of May InshAllah.. good luck :)

ps. are you the sponser? are you husband or wife? lol since our timelines are so close to each other we can definetly compare and contrast our processes :p

Ali_427

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was transferred on 28th April 2010 and still no letter, so don't worry they will take their sweet time....

Ali

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali_427 said:
My application was transferred on 28th April 2010 and still no letter, so don't worry they will take their sweet time....

Ali
well it takes exactly one month for most people, so you should expect something May 28 :)

B

bestplace4u

psionator said:
no not yet. Mine was forwarded to ISB on May 6.. so I'm hoping to get the AOR first week of May InshAllah.. good luck :)

ps. are you the sponser? are you husband or wife? lol since our timelines are so close to each other we can definetly compare and contrast our processes :p
I am sponsored by my wife what about you? yes our time lines are really close so lets see btw what city are u in I am from KHI.