+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC for one of the job in work history after receiving ITA-Seniors help

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

While applying for express entry I mentioned an NOC code for my primary occupation field. The same NOC code has also been mentioned in one of my job under the work history section. I got the ITA in the last round.

I contacted NOC team and received a reply from them stating that I need to use a different NOC code.

My Job title falls under different NOC code but my duties falls under a different NOC code. Initially, I selected the NOC code based on the job title. Recently I encountered some posts in that they mentioned I need to select the NOC code based on the duties even though my job title is different from it. Is it true?

Old NOC (2172) and New NOC (2174) both falls under NOC A category.I am afraid that, if I change NOC on below things of my application will CIC officer consider it as misrepresentation?

1) Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)
This means the job XXXXX has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer.

2) Four digit NOC code under Work History section for one of the jobs

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Hi All,

While applying for express entry I mentioned an NOC code for my primary occupation field. The same NOC code has also been mentioned in one of my job under the work history section. I got the ITA in the last round.

I contacted NOC team and received a reply from them stating that I need to use a different NOC code.

My Job title falls under different NOC code but my duties falls under a different NOC code. Initially, I selected the NOC code based on the job title. Recently I encountered some posts in that they mentioned I need to select the NOC code based on the duties even though my job title is different from it. Is it true?

Old NOC (2172) and New NOC (2174) both falls under NOC A category.I am afraid that, if I change NOC on below things of my application will CIC officer consider it as misrepresentation?

If you are nominated by a province on the basis of your primary NOC , let's say NOC X, then you cannot change your primary NOC post ITA. The nomination certificate will have your primary NOC mentioned.

On the other hand, if you have got a direct ITA (without provincial nomination or LMIA backed job offer), then you can update your primary NOC post ITA provided you submit supporting documents for the same, you can submit any letter or email confirmation that you received from the NOC Team on the same and submit an LOE explaining why you have updated your primary NOC.

If you are referring to one of the jobs which earlier was under primary NOC, but now it no longer falls under primary NOC, you can update it provided there is another job which helps you meet the primary NOC requirement for the economic class under which you have been invited.

Reactions: basant.b

bamshy

Jun 18, 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Hi All,

In my opinion, there is less cause for worry especially since both codes fall in NOC A. My advice is that you include a letter of explanation and possibly attach the NOC team's email response to you. One thing I can tell you is case officers DO read letter of explanation. Good luck

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi All,

Hi JSN,

What do you mean by NOC Team.....are they some kind of a help line of Canadian Embassy ?How to contact them. Can they help answering such queries as these ones being discussed here.

I am in a similar situation.

Regards

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi JSN,

What do you mean by NOC Team.....are they some kind of a help line of Canadian Embassy ?How to contact them. Can they help answering such queries as these ones being discussed here.

I am in a similar situation.

Regards
Send email to this NOC team "NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca" with your main duties and role details. They will tell you the most closest NOC code.

midtown

May 12, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a similar question. I want to change a NOC code after ITA. Shall I modify the NOC in the form or just explain it in LOE?

Essentially, I want to change one of my non-primary NOCs to primary NOC as my roles are aligned to primary NOC.

Thanks in advance.

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have a similar question. I want to change a NOC code after ITA. Shall I modify the NOC in the form or just explain it in LOE?

Essentially, I want to change one of my non-primary NOCs to primary NOC as my roles are aligned to primary NOC.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Midtown,

You can change your NOC code even after ITA. Mention it in LOE, in addition if you want support provide the email which you receive it from NOC team. As per their recommendation, I changed it to this new NOC code. IRCC officer will accept it.

Reactions: midtown

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Sorry to my question might sound novice-like but what is "primary" and "non-primary" NOC? In the online form I can just see the term "NOC"..there no primary or non-primary.

Pls advise as I too am stuck in a similar situation but "primary" and "non primary " has increased the anxiety.

Regards
JSPCAN