+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI number inside Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn’t register at my first school after I have arrived in July and I get admission at other school and other study permits in September do I need to update on my IRCC account about the changes? If this break the law how do I amend it?
It is in your best interest to not study any further until you resolve this issue and get a valid study permit because any studying you have done, if you still have a valid study permit for the initial school, would not count towards PGWP. Is the new school and degree the equivalent level of education? For example changing from a 2 year post graduate diploma at a public college to another 2 year post graduate diploma at a different public college.

Okafors1

Nov 25, 2023
It is in your best interest to not study any further until you resolve this issue and get a valid study permit because any studying you have done, if you still have a valid study permit for the initial school, would not count towards PGWP. Is the new school and degree the equivalent level of education? For example changing from a 2 year post graduate diploma at a public college to another 2 year post graduate diploma at a different public college.
Yeah I have already get study permit from my new college with new DLI

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah I have already get study permit from my new college with new DLI
Why didn’t you say this in the first place. Yesterday you said - I didn’t register at my first school after I have arrived in July and I get admission at other school and other study permits in September do I need to update on my IRCC account about the changes? If this break the law how do I amend it?

Your original post was confusing.

Okafors1

Nov 25, 2023
Sorry for the confusion, I arrived at Canada on July i didn’t register yet and I transferred to other school on September same year and I get acceptance letters with new DLI from the new school, right now I need new study permit from immigration? Do I need to change my DLI on my IRCC account

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry for the confusion, I arrived at Canada on July i didn’t register yet and I transferred to other school on September same year and I get acceptance letters with new DLI from the new school, right now I need new study permit from immigration? Do I need to change my DLI on my IRCC account
No. I responded to you yesterday. So have you even started studying? If not what have you been doing since July. If you started studying see my note for yesterday‘s post. You cannot change DLI.

So you were not allowed to change schools without first studying a semester on the school listed on your permit. So if you have been studying at a different school since July without informing IRCC then you have been studying (and working) illegally. The school on your study permit has to inform IRCC that you never showed up so your study permit may have already been cancelled. You cannot amend it. You need to contact IRCC and find out if your permit was cancelled. If it was, you need to stop studying and apply for a new study permit. Studies you have completed so far may be considered as studying without a permit and not eligible for a PGWP.

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You are still confusing us. So did you end up studying in the new DLI in Dec? or not?