CEC Application Returned after 40 days of submission

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

When I applied last September 2013 and sent my application to Sydney, I paid the application fee thru online; since they have returned my application, are they going to return my fees as well?

I will be sending my new application next week and I wonder if I can just use the same invoice/receipt that I have used before? my worry is, what if they have returned the fees while my application is in queue?

Anyone with bright ideas? although when I checked my credit card, I did not have any refund as of this writing.

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
They don't return your fees. You would have to apply for a refund. You can go ahead and use the same receipt that you already have. I have gone through this already as well.

reunion

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
17-Oct-2013
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
Med's Request
22-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Passport Req..
June-18-2014
LANDED..........
July-17-2014
Why was it returned? Is it because of missing documents?

ioanag

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07- 19-2012
Doc's Request.
06-19-2013 (police clearance for spouse)
AOR Received.
08-16- 2012
File Transfer...
08 -16- 2012
Med's Request
04-20-2013
Med's Done....
04- 24 -2013
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
they won't refund the money back to you unless you ask for refund so if they withdrew the money same receipt can be attached to your application. My application was return back last year about a moth after I submitted.
In my case I sent same application, same receipt , I just added the missing document.
Hope that helps... Make sure you resubmit a complete application.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Why your Application is Returned ..??? Pls elaborate ??

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omshri said:
Why your Application is Returned ..??? Pls elaborate ??
They returned my application because I did not include the birth certificate of my wife. By mistake I sent 2 of my birth certificate. please see the link for a detailed story.. lol

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2013-applications-t156457.465.html

Hi guys, the intake office has returned my application because I forgot to include the birth certificate of my wife.... lol. I actually could not believe that i have overlooked this.

But anyhow, I am taking this as a wake up call and make sure that I check, double check and triple check everything before I finalize and submit my application. It's also a blessing in disguise as I am not sure if I actually have met the 52 weeks requirement as I have taken a vacation in mid January to February 15, 2013. But this time, I am pretty confident that I have more than 52 weeks of experience.

I also wanted to share how my application forms and documents were looked at by the officer:

1. Each and every entry that I have made on the application forms were actually checked one by one and they have marked them with using a red pen.
2. In Imm 0008 - Under the question number 4, Immigration Office Requested for processing this application, I have entered: CPP-Ottawa, but the officer have striked it and erased it and have marked it as: CPR. I am not sure what this CPR means? anybody?
3. They did not use the self-address mailing labels. What they have used is a big 8x11 envelope with a clear plastic window where my name and address appears from the letter they have prepared.
4. The letter which states the reason for the return of my application was dated October 7, 2013. So guys, it seems that the processing time is picking-up and getting faster each day.
5. I also have made a lot of errors on the data entry, most especially with the dates where my wife and I have lived for the past 10 years. LoL...

I have read somewhere from a post from toby that we need to check, double check, triple check and let your wife or another person to review everything before submitting the application. Which is actually true and that is what I am going to do right now. It appears to me that the officer was the one who checked it for me, corrected the mistakes that I have made and then returned it to me. lol

Also this will actually clear my mind and worries, that next time I submit my application, I will not include all my paychecks as my employer does not pay overtime. Not until the month of August, 2013 and onwards.

Thanks,

Neo

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Sorry, neochan ..
best luck next time

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
You can use the same receipt until CIC issues the AOR. Once you get the AOR, your application is
being assessed by a VO and the fee becomes un-refundable.

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Use same receipt!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
neochan said:
They returned my application because I did not include the birth certificate of my wife. By mistake I sent 2 of my birth certificate. please see the link for a detailed story.. lol

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2013-applications-t156457.465.html

Hi guys, the intake office has returned my application because I forgot to include the birth certificate of my wife.... lol. I actually could not believe that i have overlooked this.

But anyhow, I am taking this as a wake up call and make sure that I check, double check and triple check everything before I finalize and submit my application. It's also a blessing in disguise as I am not sure if I actually have met the 52 weeks requirement as I have taken a vacation in mid January to February 15, 2013. But this time, I am pretty confident that I have more than 52 weeks of experience.

I also wanted to share how my application forms and documents were looked at by the officer:

1. Each and every entry that I have made on the application forms were actually checked one by one and they have marked them with using a red pen.
2. In Imm 0008 - Under the question number 4, Immigration Office Requested for processing this application, I have entered: CPP-Ottawa, but the officer have striked it and erased it and have marked it as: CPR. I am not sure what this CPR means? anybody?
3. They did not use the self-address mailing labels. What they have used is a big 8x11 envelope with a clear plastic window where my name and address appears from the letter they have prepared.
4. The letter which states the reason for the return of my application was dated October 7, 2013. So guys, it seems that the processing time is picking-up and getting faster each day.
5. I also have made a lot of errors on the data entry, most especially with the dates where my wife and I have lived for the past 10 years. LoL...

I have read somewhere from a post from toby that we need to check, double check, triple check and let your wife or another person to review everything before submitting the application. Which is actually true and that is what I am going to do right now. It appears to me that the officer was the one who checked it for me, corrected the mistakes that I have made and then returned it to me. lol

Also this will actually clear my mind and worries, that next time I submit my application, I will not include all my paychecks as my employer does not pay overtime. Not until the month of August, 2013 and onwards.

Thanks,

Neo
I am applying on February..i ll take couple days vacation and fill the forms, verify..