28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hellow guys,

I have a query, Basically, i am an Electrical Engineer and my wife is a Chemical Engineer.
Both of us falls in STEM category draws.
Our CRS is 473 now and I have a sister living in New Brunswick.

I have prepared and submitted express entry profile with CRS of 473 by making my wife as the primary applicant because of age factor and targeting to achieve CRS as soon as possible.
But the issue that STEM draws has made the recent requirement of having work experience of at least 6 months in the past 3 years, but my wife have working experience from July 2016 till Jan 2020.

Will be i able to secure ITA based on above conditions. Moreover, if its mandatory requirement to have work experience of at least 6 months in last 3 years ?

Thanks.
Yes, it is mandatory to have at least 6 months of work experience within the last 3 years. You must be the primary applicant. Whether your profile is selected will depends on the draw cut offs and your score with you as the primary applicant.

Reactions: Taran D

Hari5397

Dec 23, 2018
Guys ! I have a similar issue. I have 2+ years of experience as Quality Engineer. I come under noc code 21321 which is eligible for STEM draws. But my doubt is in the employment requirements of the noc code it says P.Eng is required for approving drawing and to practice as an engineer. Do I need to have P.Eng licence in order to get PR through this stream ? My job doesn’t require any P.Eng. I’m totally confused. Please help me regarding this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys ! I have a similar issue. I have 2+ years of experience as Quality Engineer. I come under noc code 21321 which is eligible for STEM draws. But my doubt is in the employment requirements of the noc code it says P.Eng is required for approving drawing and to practice as an engineer. Do I need to have P.Eng licence in order to get PR through this stream ? My job doesn’t require any P.Eng. I’m totally confused. Please help me regarding this.
No you don’t need a P.Eng.

Hari5397

Dec 23, 2018
So for EX they don’t check for Employment requirements ? Do they validate only job responsibilities whether matching the NOC or not ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So for EX they don’t check for Employment requirements ? Do they validate only job responsibilities whether matching the NOC or not ?
You job responsibilities must match the NOC. Just because the NOC is under the STEM category doesn’t mean your NOC will be selected in all draws. The last draw was only 500 people so they are selected specific STEM NOCs.

Hari5397

Dec 23, 2018
Yes ! As far as responsibilities it matches the noc code by 80%. But because of this P.Eng licence requirement I’m holding off.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes ! As far as responsibilities it matches the noc code by 80%. But because of this P.Eng licence requirement I’m holding off.
Holding off on what? Not submitting a EE profile? Or have you been using a different NOC. Makes no sense not to submit a profile.

Hari5397

Dec 23, 2018
Right now my profile is in Pool in that noc only. I recently done my Ielts again to improve my CRA Score and got an increase which is coming at 478. I haven’t received my TRF yet. Once I receive I’ll update. If I updated then high chance of getting an ITA sooner now. That’s what I mentioned

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
You are correct that the employment requirements for NOC 21321 state that a P.Eng. is required for approving drawings and to practice as an engineer. However, this does not necessarily mean that you need to have a P.Eng. in order to get PR through this stream.

The Canadian government has stated that it is not mandatory for all skilled workers in NOC 21321 to have a P.Eng. in order to be eligible for PR. However, if you do not have a P.Eng., you will need to provide evidence that your job does not require the use of engineering principles and that you do not perform any engineering duties that would require a P.Eng.

Here are some things you can do to demonstrate that you do not need a P.Eng.:
  • Provide a letter from your employer stating that your job does not require the use of engineering principles or the performance of any engineering duties that would require a P.Eng.
  • Provide a copy of your job description that clearly states that your job does not require the use of engineering principles or the performance of any engineering duties that would require a P.Eng.
  • Provide a copy of your education and training that demonstrates that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform your job without the use of a P.Eng.
If you can provide this evidence, you should be able to get PR through the NOC 21321 stream even if you do not have a P.Eng.

I hope this helps!

Hari5397

Dec 23, 2018
Hi thank you so much for your clear explanation. I’m planning get this one and see if anything helps.

Fahim Uddin

Nov 13, 2016
I have a query regarding proof fund for NBEE stream:

1) Do we have to show the proof of fund as per the requirement of Express Entry i.e. 25564 CAD for the family of applicants?

2) Should I show proof of fund in dollars or PKR?

3) Am I also liable to show current debts on me against credit card or just show the funds requirement in my account?

What if my mother is not supporting me to sign the gift deed for the amount, I have borrowed from my friend currently living in USA.

What is the way to show the source of that amount?

Thanks.

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi
I am a doctor and my age is 52 I want to apply under health care catagory based immigration
I meet the 67 points category criteria Speed Test
But why IRCC is using Using CRS score of most recent draw at 414

I am confused
The category draws pick the people who have the highest score CRS within each category. A score of 282 is far too low to be selected. You need to get your score above 400 to have a chance.

Last edited:

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
I have a query regarding proof fund for NBEE stream:

1) Do we have to show the proof of fund as per the requirement of Express Entry i.e. 25564 CAD for the family of applicants?

2) Should I show proof of fund in dollars or PKR?

3) Am I also liable to show current debts on me against credit card or just show the funds requirement in my account?

What if my mother is not supporting me to sign the gift deed for the amount, I have borrowed from my friend currently living in USA.

What is the way to show the source of that amount?

Thanks.
Better to show funds from a blood relative along with a notarized gift deed. Please review this one
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-deed-as-pof-while-donor-and-receiver-in-different-countries.683176/post-8559090