+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

caregiver pilot program 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I have 5 experience in caregiving 3 years as Nanny and 2 years as a volunteer care worker. I have my ielts band 5.5 and have done other related care courses online level 3 diploma in health and social care. Am I qualified to apply and how should I go about the application ?
Do you have a job offer/employer? If not, you are not eligible. There are no jobs here. And you need ECA for your diploma with equivalency to at least one year of Canadian college/university studies.

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Can anyone help me with this ?

Have some questions.
1. In the offer letter, duration of contract- Can I put 36 months? or it should be more?

2. For gaining experience, Am I still going to pay the following fees for each?

A. For Applicant : PR payment $1085 and Biometric $170 (Including spouse) and closed work permit fee $155
B. For Spouse (Dependent): PR payment $1085 and open work permit fee $100
c. For child (10 years old - dependent child): PR payment $155 and study permit $150.

Kindly advise me.

Thank You

Caregiver2024

Dec 13, 2023
Requirements are on the site but she will have her ECA and IELTS which are mandatory. She doesn’t need childcare experience but family members are more heavily scrutinized as you may be asked why she is the only person who can look after your children and what you are doing now for childcare and for the next 3 years (length of processing). Assume you live outside Quebec.
@Naturgrl please what would be the best response as regards what my sister is currently doing for child care since I am living with her for now? What are the scrutiny they do and how can I get ready-for it? While I wait for the processing can my sis submit an lmia as I am currently on closed work permit but not working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl please what would be the best response as regards what my sister is currently doing for child care since I am living with her for now? What are the scrutiny they do and how can I get ready-for it? While I wait for the processing can my sis submit an lmia as I am currently on closed work permit but not working.
There is no response required now. It will be asked in a couple of years as IRCC may ask what she was doing for childcare? You cannot help with the kids now as that is working illegally. If IRCC knows that you have lived in Canada for years with your sister and your sister never hired a caregiver or put them into daycare, they will know you are an illegal worker. Don’t believe she can apply for a LMIA because she doesn’t live in Quebec and you are on a closed work permit with a different NOC. Get an immigration lawyer to consult. She would have to post the job through job sites and prove no one applied, and then prove you are the only person qualified with your education and skills. For a LMIA assume then you have ECE diploma and work experience as a nanny.

Your sisiter should be finding care for her children if she is returning back to work. Even now, you cannot help her as that would be working illegally. If she needs to pay to put the kids in daycare or hire someone, she needs to do that. You living with your sister for years during processing unable to work will create issues down the road.

Caregiver2024

Dec 13, 2023
There is no response required now. It will be asked in a couple of years as IRCC may ask what she was doing for childcare? You cannot help with the kids now as that is working illegally. If IRCC knows that you have lived in Canada for years with your sister and your sister never hired a caregiver or put them into daycare, they will know you are an illegal worker. Don’t believe she can apply for a LMIA because she doesn’t live in Quebec and you are on a closed work permit with a different NOC. Get an immigration lawyer to consult. She would have to post the job through job sites and prove no one applied, and then prove you are the only person qualified with your education and skills. For a LMIA assume then you have ECE diploma and work experience as a nanny.

Your sisiter should be finding care for her children if she is returning back to work. Even now, you cannot help her as that would be working illegally. If she needs to pay to put the kids in daycare or hire someone, she needs to do that. You living with your sister for years during processing unable to work will create issues down the road.
what if after submitting my hccp application,she applies for LMIA and gets a positive response. Can I apply for another closed work permit so I can change my employer while hccp is in progress? I have a degree and while working at my home country I offered child care services to parents who lived in my city and had to work in another city.
you said it would create issuesdown the road. My current employer hasn’t given me any job and I tried applying to open the work permit under vulnerable worker but it was denied. Now my sis who requires child care provider is willing to employ and pay me. But I have to wait till it’s approved

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what if after submitting my hccp application,she applies for LMIA and gets a positive response. Can I apply for another closed work permit so I can change my employer while hccp is in progress? I have a degree and while working at my home country I offered child care services to parents who lived in my city and had to work in another city.
you said it would create issuesdown the road. My current employer hasn’t given me any job and I tried applying to open the work permit under vulnerable worker but it was denied. Now my sis who requires child care provider is willing to employ and pay me. But I have to wait till it’s approved
But I believe LMIAs are only an option if they live in Quebec. Canada doesn’t allow for people, unless in Quebec, to hire a caregiver unless through the HCCP program. It is because you get a NOC specified, open work permit to allow caregivers to leave abusive or unfair situations. Tell your sister to look into it further? Has your sister even looked into daycare or posted the job for a caregiver? If not, why? If you weren’t there or still working what would she do? Are you helping her now, and working illegally?

You need to decide what to do for the next 3+ years. Go back to school or return to home country and work.

Even if she got a LMIA, she needs to prove that no one is qualified - so daycare is not an option and you are the only person who can do the job.

Caregiver2024

Dec 13, 2023
But I believe LMIAs are only an option if they live in Quebec. Canada doesn’t allow for people, unless in Quebec, to hire a caregiver unless through the HCCP program. It is because you get a NOC specified, open work permit to allow caregivers to leave abusive or unfair situations. Tell your sister to look into it further? Has your sister even looked into daycare or posted the job for a caregiver? If not, why? If you weren’t there or still working what would she do? Are you helping her now, and working illegally?

You need to decide what to do for the next 3+ years. Go back to school or return to home country and work.

Even if she got a LMIA, she needs to prove that no one is qualified - so daycare is not an option and you are the only person who can do the job.
Thanks for this detailed explanation. Please can I school while waiting for hccp processing at a closed work permit holder? If yes, are there opportunities for funding for work permit holders where funds can be borrowed for schooling. Just want to make sure I have something doing while waiting since I can’t work for any employer now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for this detailed explanation. Please can I school while waiting for hccp processing at a closed work permit holder? If yes, are there opportunities for funding for work permit holders where funds can be borrowed for schooling. Just want to make sure I have something doing while waiting since I can’t work for any employer now.
You can apply for study permit but you must pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $20k. Scholarships and bursaries are through the schools so you need to contact the schools. You are not eligible for provincial loans. Ask your bank. You need to select a program that advances your education, and builds on your current career to justify costs. You need to show the career opportunities in home country. Because you are applying from within Canada, your chances of approval is lower because you don’t have ties to home country. If you get an approved study permit, you can work up to 20 hours per week.

Caregiver2024

Dec 13, 2023
You can apply for study permit but you must pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $20k. Scholarships and bursaries are through the schools so you need to contact the schools. You are not eligible for provincial loans. Ask your bank. You need to select a program that advances your education, and builds on your current career to justify costs. You need to show the career opportunities in home country. Because you are applying from within Canada, your chances of approval is lower because you don’t have ties to home country. If you get an approved study permit, you can work up to 20 hours per week.
that seem to be a lot. I would have to apply for the hccp and go back home then come back when I get approved. Thanks for your input. I really hope I get approved and successfully submit. Thanks for your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
that seem to be a lot. I would have to apply for the hccp and go back home then come back when I get approved. Thanks for your input. I really hope I get approved and successfully submit. Thanks for your help
All the best. Your sister may want to consult with an immigration lawyer/consultant on the advice given. This is just a volunteer forum. In the meantime, she needs to find a daycare/caregiver over the next few years.

Dec 4, 2023
Hello! I want to know, can we pay fee before opening the portal and fee should be pay in two receipts so biometric and processing fee should be paid seperately and work and study permit seperately?? plz answer and oblige

donluchi

Dec 20, 2023
Dear sir or ma

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. My name is [Your Name], and I am writing to express my sincere interest in the position of a caregiver.

As someone who is naturally compassionate and empathetic, I have always had a deep desire to help and support others. Throughout my life, I have been fortunate enough to have numerous opportunities to care for individuals of different ages and backgrounds. These experiences have solidified my belief that providing care is not just a profession but a calling.

I understand the importance of creating a safe and nurturing environment for those under my care. Whether it is assisting with daily activities, administering medications, or simply being a supportive presence, I strive to make a positive impact on the lives of those I care for. I am committed to maintaining the dignity, privacy, and independence of each individual, while also fostering a sense of companionship and trust.

In addition to my genuine passion for caregiving, I have acquired a range of relevant skills and qualifications. I have completed [mention any relevant certifications or training programs], which have equipped me with the necessary knowledge and expertise to handle various caregiving responsibilities. Furthermore, my excellent communication skills, patience, and problem-solving abilities enable me to address the unique needs of each individual and adapt to changing situations with ease.

I strongly believe that being a caregiver is not just a job, but a privilege. The opportunity to make a difference in someone's life, to bring comfort and joy, is incredibly rewarding. I am dedicated to providing the highest standard of care, and I am committed to continuously learning and growing in this field.

I would be delighted to discuss further how my skills and experiences align with your caregiving needs. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the possibility of contributing to the well-being and happiness of those under your care.what God can not do does not exist

Warm regards,

Ifebi oluchukwu ifeanyi