+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Care giver job offer

Apr 22, 2024
I am a Ghanaian registered nursing officer, currently living in Ghana and i have a load of experience as a practicing nurse, I believe with my experience , I can offer great help to canadians citizens who require care giving services.

I have been issued a tourist visa by the local Canadian foreign mission in my country, and I will like to offer professional services as a care giver during my stay as permitted by the local canadian embassy.

I wish to know how to get a job offer as a temporal care giver in canada during my visit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Ghanaian registered nursing officer, currently living in Ghana and i have a load of experience as a practicing nurse, I believe with my experience , I can offer great help to canadians citizens who require care giving services.

I have been issued a tourist visa by the local Canadian foreign mission in my country, and I will like to offer professional services as a care giver during my stay as permitted by the local canadian embassy.

I wish to know how to get a job offer as a temporal care giver in canada during my visit.
A job offer doesn’t let you work in Canada. You are a visitor, not a worker. If not in Quebec, then you need to find an employer in one’s home and apply through the Home Support Worker Pilot Program. This pilot ends in July and the new requirements have yet to be announced. Processing is about 3 years so you cannot work until approved.

If through a nursing home, then the nursing home needs to file and be approved for a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR has the work experience/education tod do the job. Then you show your experience through reference letters, ECA and language tests. You are not licensed in Canada as a nurse so you should research becoming licensed.

So if coming to Canada as a visitor don’t expect to work for a long time.

Prince Abby

Apr 22, 2024
i am a nigerian , currently based in nigeria i want to apply for the position of cargiver i have 3 years experince here in nigeria. i am a very heard working young man

Apr 22, 2024
I am not looking for a permanent job offer since my visa is a visit visa.what I am looking for is a temporal care job to keep me busy during my stay.

Please, through what medium,can I secure a temporal job as a care giver.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not looking for a permanent job offer since my visa is a visit visa.what I am looking for is a temporal care job to keep me busy during my stay.

This is only possible in the province of Quebec. You need to find an employer willing to hire you and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. You then apply for a work permit. So the first step is for you to find a job offer in the province of Quebec.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You are a visitor. Working without a LMIA and closed work permit is your only option to work as a caregiver and it must be in Quebec. Even if you get a LMIA processing for a work permit is 4-6 months so it could take up to a year to get one, if even possible.

Apr 22, 2024
It looks like the job offer I seek, is only possible in Quebec, now how do i contact a possible employer in Quebec.

What I seek is a job offer, as a temporal care giver during my vacation in canada .I am a reregistered nurse.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It looks like the job offer I seek, is only possible in Quebec, now how do i contact a possible employer in Quebec.

What I seek is a job offer, as a temporal care giver during my vacation in canada .I am a reregistered nurse.
You are not going on vacation and coming to Canada on a TRV if you are going to work. Doesn’t matter that you are a nurse. You need to do a job search and find employer who cannot hire a Canadian or PR, and willing to pay for and file for a LMIA. With a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. You need to show that only you can do the job with references,, ECA and IELTS, and TEF (French) since you are in Quebec.

Last edited: