+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Applied in person in Toronto on Mar 25th, got passport last week. I guess now the waiting time is 3 - 4 months. If you are not in a rush, just wait. Don't bother to call.
This was through service Canada?

For all, keep in mind - if you apply through service Canada (not passport Canada) even if in person, it is for all intents and purposes a mail in application.

Yes, service Canada just mails it to the passport agency.

And as such, the timelines will basically be the same as a mail application.

(As far as I can tell the only advantage is help completing the app and less chance of an app being returned due to errors)

muhammad_visa

Jul 6, 2022
This was through service Canada?

For all, keep in mind - if you apply through service Canada (not passport Canada) even if in person, it is for all intents and purposes a mail in application.

Yes, service Canada just mails it to the passport agency.

And as such, the timelines will basically be the same as a mail application.

(As far as I can tell the only advantage is help completing the app and less chance of an app being returned due to errors)
Yes, through service Canada

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Applied in person in Toronto on Mar 25th, got passport last week. I guess now the waiting time is 3 - 4 months. If you are not in a rush, just wait. Don't bother to call.
I also have same timeline. Nothing yet. :(

jaynee02

Jul 12, 2021
Update on my timeline for the record:
Applied for passport (Kitchener): 28th June
Received by mail: 8th July

They asked me for my travel date (end of august) but didn't ask to see proof for it.

Good luck everyone!

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Did you have a hotel booking as well? Planning to go for my son but don't have a booking. Do I need a booking or just self attestation is enough? Is there any format for self attestation?
I did have a hotel booking. However, they accept without one as well. There isn’t any format - just a good old letter saying you’d be traveling.

kzaman

May 31, 2015
i just received my passport, applied on 25th march at service canada in person, received today from missisauga location. So 15 weeks....
Congratulations! I also applied at service Canada on 25th March but nothing since. Can you advise what's the issue date is on your passport? Maybe mine is round the corner as well

gta-pass

Jul 12, 2022
Hi - I applied at Service Canada on June 10th and did not have any travel plans at the time. I now have to go to US for an important office meeting and have a flight + Hotel reservation for 6th August. What should I do? Shall I go into the office with my reservation or Shall I call them and ask for transfer?

Also in new triage they have divided travel plans into 24-48 hours - 3 - 19 days. Do you know if it is business days?

Also any advice on how soon shall I go to the passport office? IF calling is better what number shall I be calling?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi - I applied at Service Canada on June 10th and did not have any travel plans at the time. I now have to go to US for an important office meeting and have a flight + Hotel reservation for 6th August. What should I do? Shall I go into the office with my reservation or Shall I call them and ask for transfer?

Also in new triage they have divided travel plans into 24-48 hours - 3 - 19 days. Do you know if it is business days?

Also any advice on how soon shall I go to the passport office? IF calling is better what number shall I be calling?
You can wait until Last week of July and request for file transfer or Walk in / Appointment / whatever the procedure at that time on 4th August to submit a new application / continue with the transferred file if everything is ok from their end and get the Passport on 5th August.

Phone line:

1-800-567-6868

Welcome to Service Canada < Press 1

For General information< Hung up and Dial again

until you hear " If you are in Canada ", that means you got connected. You may need to dial 1 to unlimited to get hold of someone (Wait times will be longer once you are connected , put it on speaker and keep doing your work, make sure phone is very much fully charged)

Last edited:

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Congratulations! I also applied at service Canada on 25th March but nothing since. Can you advise what's the issue date is on your passport? Maybe mine is round the corner as well
issue date was 6th july mailed on 7th by xpresspost and received on 11th july at the door after signature.

Reactions: kzaman