CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Repeat, applying at service Canada is basically the same thing as applying by mail
yeah i realized that later, i was under the impression service canada will be better and faster than atleast mail in applications.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yeah i realized that later, i was under the impression service canada will be better and faster than atleast mail in applications.
No problem, just repeating it here so that others realize when submitting that if they want/need it fast, Service Canada is no faster than a mail-in app.

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Had an appointment at Surrey Passport office this morning, walked directly to the security person, was let in immediately. In and out in about 1 hour.

Paid for express, pick up on July 22

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Good day. We applied for passports in-person at a passport service location on April 25th but have still not received or heard anything. We later submitted an inquiry into our passport applications two weeks ago but also have not heard anything from that request.

Anyone else finding such a long delay when submitting directly at a passport office? While we did not choose urgent processing, 11 weeks after an in-person visit to an official passport office seems a little high, especially as the website currently says up to 2 weeks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day. We applied for passports in-person at a passport service location on April 25th but have still not received or heard anything. We later submitted an inquiry into our passport applications two weeks ago but also have not heard anything from that request.

Anyone else finding such a long delay when submitting directly at a passport office? While we did not choose urgent processing, 11 weeks after an in-person visit to an official passport office seems a little high, especially as the website currently says up to 2 weeks.
Was it in the passport office or service Canada? They are often located in same buildings but are providing a different service entirely.

If it was service Canada - timeline should be about the same as a mail in application.

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Was it in the passport office or service Canada? They are often located in same buildings but are providing a different service entirely.

If it was service Canada - timeline should be about the same as a mail in application.
It was a passport office found through the following link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp?po=1#table1caption. When we booked the appointment, three weeks prior, we were told there were no walk-ins. However, when we arrived, there was a long time, and so assumed walk-ins had now been allowed. Fortunately, having already had an appointment, we got in quick and were told the passports would be mailed out on 24 May, approximately one month from our April 25th appointment.

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Can I submit the express passport applications for all 3 in my family (Myself, Spouse, and Kid) without my spouse and Kid not being present during application in-person submission in Passport application centers? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited:

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Can I submit the express passport applications for all 3 in my family (Myself, Spouse, and Kid) without my spouse and Kid not being present during application in-person submission in Passport application centers? I really appreciate any help you can provide.
No you can't for your spouse if it's an Express application- I learnt it the hard way last Friday at the Whitby office and had to call my wife. They also indicated on the form that a 'physical appearance' is needed.

Reactions: nanikumar06

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
No you can't for your spouse if it's an Express application- I learnt it the hard way last Friday at the Whitby office and had to call my wife. They also indicated on the form that a 'physical appearance' is needed.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Sorry for the follow-up question. I have a travel plan to the states within 3 weeks. I heard if the travel date is not within 48 hours, Passport centers are redirecting the clients to nearby service Canada with appointments prioritizing Urgent passport applications.
As Whitby does not serve urgent passport service, are they allowing for express passport application if the travel date is not within the next 48 hours? Thanks in advance.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Picked up passport in person (standard option) at the Ottawa office today taking 10 business days for processing. They had a separate line for those picking up their passports and I was out within 15 minutes.

Reactions: iceman55

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Sorry for the follow-up question. I have a travel plan to the states within 3 weeks. I heard if the travel date is not within 48 hours, Passport centers are redirecting the clients to nearby service Canada with appointments prioritizing Urgent passport applications.
As Whitby does not serve urgent passport service, are they allowing for express passport application if the travel date is not within the next 48 hours? Thanks in advance.
Yep they do as my travel dates were within 10 days.

Reactions: nanikumar06

Gks87

Sep 7, 2016
I applied in person at Service Canada in Oshawa on Apr 11th. After not hearing from them for two months, I was able to request transfer to the Scarborough Passport office. I was told they would call me last week. When I did not hear from them last week , I called them today and the agent said that my passport is ready for pick up. She said that I can go to the Scarborough office any day and pick it up!!!!! Interestingly, I can't get it mailed to my address, the agent said no!!!!

Reactions: iceman55

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

For the passport, as an ID can I submit my foreign passport or does it have to be my drivers license ? My drivers license has an old address on it not updated so would that be a problem ?

Thank you for your help .