Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
As a Canadian born citizen, I totally agree with the OP. These people are illegitimate and should be rounded up and sent packing. Same goes for those boat people out of China. Turn their barge around and send them back out to sea. We mustn't allow people to take advantage of our country. If you try to enter Canada illegally (or have already done so), the laws of our country should not apply, meaning, you don't get certain protections that citizens get...you simply get the boot.

FS

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! I think I'll just pretend that those posts didn't exist, and hope the OP can still serve as a heads up for those that deserve to come here.

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
CharlizeRai said:
Canadian born citizens would not be. I appreciate the appeasement :)
We agree on something. ;D

But, should citizenship be automatic if the person is born here while his/her parents are vacationing or on business trips here as the law allows for now? I say NO. I feel the law needs to be changed in this regard as well.

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
Fencesitter said:
As a Canadian born citizen, I totally agree with the OP. These people are illegitimate and should be rounded up and sent packing. Same goes for those boat people out of China. Turn their barge around and send them back out to sea. We mustn't allow people to take advantage of our country. If you try to enter Canada illegally (or have already done so), the laws of our country should not apply, meaning, you don't get certain protections that citizens get...you simply get the boot.

FS
Where is the "LIKE" button? :D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Kano said:
We agree on something. ;D

But, should citizenship be automatic if the person is born here while his/her parents are vacationing or on business trips here as the law allows for now? I say NO. I feel the law needs to be changed in this regard as well.
Good luck with that law being changed, almost every country in the world has the same laws regarding this.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Fencesitter said:

FS
You should work for Australian immigration! All our asylum seeker problems would be solved! ;)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Luckyman said:
Wow! I think I'll just pretend that those posts didn't exist, and hope the OP can still serve as a heads up for those that deserve to come here.
Yap! Sometimes it's better to just leave your post and "never look back", but I understand you were prolly expecting a whole pile of support with nary a negative comment.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
bagelbagel81 said:
You should work for Australian immigration! All our asylum seeker problems would be solved! ;)
If I were in that kind of position, yes, I would tow them back out to sea. If they tried again, I'd sink their battleship.

Enough is enough. They know damn well they are breaking laws when they load these boats and send them across the ocean (I'm talking about boat people out of China). Turn them around and send them back. These are not the kind of people we want immigrating (*cough*) to Canada. If they continue to do so, slap the Chinese government with heavy fines (as if they don't know about this kind of illegal activity - they're people can't fart without alerting someone with a red arm band!).

Human rights...yes...but not at the expense of Canadian tax payers when they are obviously and purposely trying to take advantage of our country and our beliefs.

FS

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Fencesitter said:
If I were in that kind of position, yes, I would tow them back out to sea. If they tried again, I'd sink their battleship.

Enough is enough. They know damn well they are breaking laws when they load these boats and send them across the ocean (I'm talking about boat people out of China). Turn them around and send them back. These are not the kind of people we want immigrating (*cough*) to Canada. If they continue to do so, slap the Chinese government with heavy fines (as if they don't know about this kind of illegal activity - they're people can't fart without alerting someone with a red arm band!).

Human rights...yes...but not at the expense of Canadian tax payers when they are obviously and purposely trying to take advantage of our country and our beliefs.

FS
And I'm sure back in the day you would have been one of the ones sending they Jews fleeing Hitler back to Germany as illegal immigrants too

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
JimM said:
And I'm sure back in the day you would have been one of the ones sending they Jews fleeing Hitler back to Germany as illegal immigrants too
Slippery slope fallacy?

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
Fencesitter said:
If they continue to do so, slap the Chinese government with heavy fines (as if they don't know about this kind of illegal activity - they're people can't fart without alerting someone with a red arm band!).
Ok, fine them then. Who is going to enforce the fine? The Chinese gov't will laugh hysterically.
Farting anywhere and everywhere is normal practice in China. Doubt that would alert anyone.
Finally, last I heard it was boat loads of Sri Lankans... NOT Chinese.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R151NG5UN said:
Good luck with that law being changed, almost every country in the world has the same laws regarding this.
You have this backwards. In most countries, being born there does not make you a citizen of that country. It's pretty much only in North and South America that it does.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
JimM said:
It's comments like these that make me wonder about the education system in the US. Are you serious? That comparison is a gross exaggeration!! Disgusting.

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
YorkFactory said:
You have this backwards. In most countries, being born there does not make you a citizen of that country. It's pretty much only in North and South America that it does.
Exactly. I don't know what's worse, people spouting rubbish without the slightest clue, or others blindly supporting them (who also don't seem to have a clue!).

FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Kano said:
Ok, fine them then. Who is going to enforce the fine? The Chinese gov't will laugh hysterically.
Farting anywhere and everywhere is normal practice in China. Doubt that would alert anyone.
Finally, last I heard it was boat loads of Sri Lankans... NOT Chinese.
The Chinese reference refers to the 90s (if I recall), when boats from China were landing on our shores...

FS