+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit Eligibility Check

sabines92

May 29, 2018
Hi,

I am having a bachelors degree and having 9 years of IT experience in Data Engineering stream. Am I eligible for a study permit in Canada for doing Masters. Some agencies were telling a career gap of 9 years wont be accepted in Canada for study permit.

In addition, I applied for a visiting visa 4 years back and it got rejected twice stating I have a strong family background in Canada. ( My brother is having Canadian citizenship). I was bachelor at that time and doesn't have strong relationship in India to prove that I will return after the stipulated time. In that visiting visa application i mentioned mainly about the employment details to prove that I will return to India.

Also, I applied for express entry and into pool for an year and application expired. Will that also cause any kind of rejected if I apply for study permit.

Kindly Reply... Thanks in advance...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am having a bachelors degree and having 9 years of IT experience in Data Engineering stream. Am I eligible for a study permit in Canada for doing Masters. Some agencies were telling a career gap of 9 years wont be accepted in Canada for study permit.

In addition, I applied for a visiting visa 4 years back and it got rejected twice stating I have a strong family background in Canada. ( My brother is having Canadian citizenship). I was bachelor at that time and doesn't have strong relationship in India to prove that I will return after the stipulated time. In that visiting visa application i mentioned mainly about the employment details to prove that I will return to India.

Also, I applied for express entry and into pool for an year and application expired. Will that also cause any kind of rejected if I apply for study permit.

Kindly Reply... Thanks in advance...
Research university graduate programs and see if you meet admission requirements. Every university is different. Some will not accept such a gap. No impact for having had an EE profile. You need to show career advancement (job opportunities with higher pay) to justify costs, as well as ties to return (spouse, child, investment properties, job etc.)

sabines92

May 29, 2018
Thank you..

I am trying for another option as applying study permit for my wife and planning to get open work permit for me. In that case, will the previous visiting visa rejection because of the strong family background cause any issue.

Currently we are trying for study permit for my wife and post that planning to apply dependent visa for me and baby(2 year old).

Kindly provide any thoughts on this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you..

I am trying for another option as applying study permit for my wife and planning to get open work permit for me. In that case, will the previous visiting visa rejection because of the strong family background cause any issue.

Currently we are trying for study permit for my wife and post that planning to apply dependent visa for me and baby(2 year old).

You will still need to declare the past refusals and overcome the refusal reasons by showing strong ties to your home country. This doesn't really change anything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you..

Visa rejections must always be declared. Again for a visa she needs to show education and career advancement (a program that builds and is related to her education, and gives higher pay and promotion to justify costs). You all need to prove strong ties to home country so if you all want to come to Canada then what are your ties?

sabines92

May 29, 2018
Visa rejections must always be declared. Again for a visa she needs to show education and career advancement (a program that builds and is related to her education, and gives higher pay and promotion to justify costs). You all need to prove strong ties to home country so if you all want to come to Canada then what are your ties?
So for my spouse, We can show the mine and baby's details as a strong family background right. Also, planning to show properties owned by parents. Will that enough for spouse?

After getting her visa, If we apply for dependent visa for me, I can only show about mother and grand mother also, property owned parent. Will that enough?

sabines92

May 29, 2018
You will still need to declare the past refusals and overcome the refusal reasons by showing strong ties to your home country. This doesn't really change anything.
So does this means, its very difficult for me to get the dependent visa after getting students visa for my spouse.

sabines92

May 29, 2018
No. But you need to show funds for all of you, ties to home country and declare past refusal.
Thank you.. Can I showcase the parents and grand parents, employment information, properties owned by parents for proving family ties in home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.. Can I showcase the parents and grand parents, employment information, properties owned by parents for proving family ties in home country?
Your parents and grandparents are not ties. Your ties are spouse and children. If you don’t own the properties then it is not a tie for you. And just owning the properties is not a tie. If it is investment with income then maybe. What is your employment information if coming on a SOWP?

sabines92

May 29, 2018
Your parents and grandparents are not ties. Your ties are spouse and children. If you don’t own the properties then it is not a tie for you. And just owning the properties is not a tie. If it is investment with income then maybe. What is your employment information if coming on a SOWP?
oh ok.. I thought might be I can show properties and parents information. Some where I saw, I need to submit the employment details in India, ITR documents for showing the ties. Can you please suggest some good alternative for me to migrate to Canada if dependent visa is having very high chances of refusal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
oh ok.. I thought might be I can show properties and parents information. Some where I saw, I need to submit the employment details in India, ITR documents for showing the ties. Can you please suggest some good alternative for me to migrate to Canada if dependent visa is having very high chances of refusal?
Your parents properties are not relevant. You are not migrating to Canada unless through Express Entry or PNP. You are applying for a SOWP (no such thing as a dependant visa). First your spouse needs to be admitted into a program so focus on that. Then once she is approved she applies for a study permit with you and your child. You show the funds to afford to live in Canada. If you don’t have ties then you don’t have ties so apply and see what happens. You have a higher chance if she is attending a Masters or PhD program than a college diploma.