+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we change visit to work permit

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
Hi if someone enter in Canada with visit visa can he start there business and change the visa to work permit or business visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So ,How can he change his visitor to work permit???
He cannot change it. He needs a job offer and employer must file and pay for a LMIA.The LMIA proves that no Canadian or PR has the experience, education or language skills to do the job, only him. With LMIA, he applies for a closed work permit. He may need ECA and IELTS depending on the job as well as reference letters.

Reactions: Rana Kashif

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
So if want to buy or he want to pay LMIA fee by him self so he can pay ???

Or if he don't want close work permit he want only open work permit then ???

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
This is what your agents and youtubers are telling you.
Now let me Welcome you to the real world!
1st myth:
(Just come on Visit and this is your motherland you can CONVERT your visit to anything and live here with your family for your life..)

There is nothing like CONVERT your visit to anything.
Each category has his own requirements, and the requirements are similar to what you need if you apply from your home country.
2nd Myth:
(Its a piece of cake, You can buy a LMIA or get a admission in college and hurray you are good to live for your rest of life)

There is no shopping for LMIAs here. You cannot BUY a LMIA. Even through if you Paid someone illegally to get you LMIA, you are prone to Fraud and blackmailing for rest of your life.
For LMIA, you need a EMPLOYER who is WILLING to file a LMIA for you and He should PROVE that YOU ARE THE MOST SUITABLE PERSON FOR THE JOB and HE COULD NOT FIND ANY CANADAIN OR P.R. PERSON.
and moreover, IRCC will ask for your degree/qualifications , experience etc related to LMIA profession NOC.
and believe me its not Easy!

In all cases, you need to FILE a NEW APPLICATION and also PROVE THAT YOU WILL "GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER YOUR WORK is FINISHED" and its same as you got your visit visa.

Enjoy the reality !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Buying a LMIA is illegal. Still needs to apply for a closed work permit and show his experience.

He is not eligible for a an open work permit unless married to a Masters/Phd student, worker, PR/citizen. Where is her from?

Reactions: rcincanada2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You can't buy an LMIA.

You don't qualify for an open work permit.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
This is what your agents and youtubers are telling you.
Now let me Welcome you to the real world!
1st myth:
(Just come on Visit and this is your motherland you can CONVERT your visit to anything and live here with your family for your life..)

There is nothing like CONVERT your visit to anything.
Each category has his own requirements, and the requirements are similar to what you need if you apply from your home country.
2nd Myth:
(Its a piece of cake, You can buy a LMIA or get a admission in college and hurray you are good to live for your rest of life)

There is no shopping for LMIAs here. You cannot BUY a LMIA. Even through if you Paid someone illegally to get you LMIA, you are prone to Fraud and blackmailing for rest of your life.
For LMIA, you need a EMPLOYER who is WILLING to file a LMIA for you and He should PROVE that YOU ARE THE MOST SUITABLE PERSON FOR THE JOB and HE COULD NOT FIND ANY CANADAIN OR P.R. PERSON.
and moreover, IRCC will ask for your degree/qualifications , experience etc related to LMIA profession NOC.
and believe me its not Easy!

In all cases, you need to FILE a NEW APPLICATION and also PROVE THAT YOU WILL "GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER YOUR WORK is FINISHED" and its same as you got your visit visa.

Enjoy the reality !

Thank you soo much for this information
one more question i didn't under stand this point (Its a piece of cake, You can buy a LMIA or get a admission in college and hurray you are good to live for your rest of life) ------ If we can buy the LMIA so may i know the process for that ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you soo much for this information
one more question i didn't under stand this point (Its a piece of cake, You can buy a LMIA or get a admission in college and hurray you are good to live for your rest of life) ------ If we can buy the LMIA so may i know the process for that ?
Buying a LMIA is illegal and against the law so that would be through illegal channels. Talk to your employer.

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
Buying a LMIA is illegal and against the law so that would be through illegal channels. Talk to your employer.
I got it thanks , so if in case after enter in Canada which one is the cheapest way to get residency, i don't want PR or citizenship i just want TRC for explore the canadian business market and rules or regulations and also want to know about how's people doing business there ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got it thanks , so if in case after enter in Canada which one is the cheapest way to get residency, i don't want PR or citizenship i just want TRC for explore the canadian business market and rules or regulations and also want to know about how's people doing business there ?
What is TRC? If you don’t want PR or citizenship (which is residency) then you are just coming to research businesses. You aren’t starting or buying a business because that doesn’t let you work in Canada. What do you mean by residency if you don’t want PR, citizenship?

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
What is TRC? If you don’t want PR or citizenship (which is residency) then you are just coming to research businesses. You aren’t starting or buying a business because that doesn’t let you work in Canada. What do you mean by residency if you don’t want PR, citizenship?
Definitely i want to start a business there but not now i don't want to invest or start a business with small research or information , TRC mean temporary residency card or temporary residency , for until 1 or 2 years because my plan is close all my business from here and will start in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Definitely i want to start a business there but not now i don't want to invest or start a business with small research or information , TRC mean temporary residency card or temporary residency , for until 1 or 2 years because my plan is close all my business from here and will start in Canada
Never heard of a TRC. Send the link. Anyways under current rules you cannot come to canada and live for 1 to 2 years. You can come as a visitor and stay up to 6 months. If you plan to start a business in Canada then you will have to go through the federal or provincial Entrepreneur programs. You will need high net worth and commit to spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest. There are lots of rules.

Rana Kashif

Jan 20, 2024
Never heard of a TRC. Send the link. Anyways under current rules you cannot come to canada and live for 1 to 2 years. You can come as a visitor and stay up to 6 months. If you plan to start a business in Canada then you will have to go through the federal or provincial Entrepreneur programs. You will need high net worth and commit to spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to invest. There are lots of rules.

Got it. Thank you soo much