+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can+ Visitor visa rejected

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
Hi Guys
I had applied to visit my Fiancée in Canada in Nov 2021. I also qualify for Can+ program. But my visa application was rejected today on the grounds of 179(b) of IPRR based on immigration status, limited prospects in your country of residence, current employement, based on your purpose of visit. I hold a stable job in a Govt firm in KSA with a good travel history to Europe. I am also in the express entry draw. I only intend to visit Canada for a few weeks to see my Fiancée. Is there anyway I can challenge this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. You reapply with a stronger profile but you must address the following issues

- Can+ - You included your US visa?
- Assume KSA is not your country of citizenship. That is a big issue. What is your current status?
- Current employment - how long is work permit?
- Status of Fiancée - Is she a citizen or PR? How long has she been in Canada? Did you include a Letter of Invitation?
- Reasons to visit - why is visit essential during Covid as you are not reuniting with an immediate family member. V

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys
I had applied to visit my Fiancée in Canada in Nov 2021. I also qualify for Can+ program. But my visa application was rejected today on the grounds of 179(b) of IPRR based on immigration status, limited prospects in your country of residence, current employement, based on your purpose of visit. I hold a stable job in a Govt firm in KSA with a good travel history to Europe. I am also in the express entry draw. I only intend to visit Canada for a few weeks to see my Fiancée. Is there anyway I can challenge this?
There are essentially fears that you will get married in Canada and will not leave. The fact that you’ve applied for express entry indicates that you want to move to Canada. It is very common for partners who are unmarried to be denied visas because there are concerns that they will get married and apply for inland sponsorship.

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
Yes US visa was included even though I haven’t travelled to US because I got it just before the pandemic
- Assume KSA is not your country of citizenship. That is a big issue. What is your current status?
I am on work permit in KSA.
I have the work permit for the next two years
- Status of Fiancée - Is she a citizen or PR? How long has she been in Canada? Did you include a Letter of Invitation?
She has been a PR since 2018 and no I did not include a letter of invitation as I thought that mentioning about her might be a reason to reject.
- Reasons to visit - why is visit essential during Covid as you are not reuniting with an immediate family member. V

I also have a business trip invitation to Canada. Do you think that would help if I applied through that?

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
There are essentially fears that you will get married in Canada and will not leave. The fact that you’ve applied for express entry indicates that you want to move to Canada. It is very common for partners who are unmarried to be denied visas because there are concerns that they will get married and apply for inland sponsorship.
Is it better if I apply for spousal sponsorship. Also,my work permit was close to expiry. I didnt update cz I thought that would make the process even longer. can I mail them my documents now to reconsider the decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes US visa was included even though I haven’t travelled to US because I got it just before the pandemic
I am on work permit in KSA.
I have the work permit for the next two years
She has been a PR since 2018 and no I did not include a letter of invitation as I thought that mentioning about her might be a reason to reject.

I also have a business trip invitation to Canada. Do you think that would help if I applied through that?
Not being a citizen and having a working permit that is almost expired is a big issue because you need to show ties to home country. Since you didn’t include a letter of invitation (not a bad thing) then you can’t show a reason to visit Canada. If it is a business trip then apply for a business visitor visa. You need to show strong ties to your home country if your visa is close to expiry because why would you return to KAS.

If you are married and she has been in Canada since 2018, then apply for spousal sponsorship. She needs to be in Canada and it takes about a year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it better if I apply for spousal sponsorship. Also,my work permit was close to expiry. I didnt update cz I thought that would make the process even longer. can I mail them my documents now to reconsider the decision?
The fact that your WP was near it’s expiry date was even more proof that you were not intending to return to KSA and were not a true visitor. Have you completed all wedding rituals that would allow you to live together? If so, yes I would apply for sponsorship. During covid there has been more TRV approvals when sponsorship has already been partially processed but there are never any guarantees. Would add that pregnancy does not guarantee a TRV so if you get pregnant your husband may not be able to join you. Many people discover this when they are already pregnant.

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
Can I challenge the same visa application rather than applying again? Can I re-apply saying situation has changed ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I challenge the same visa application rather than applying again? Can I re-apply saying situation has changed ?
You can request reconsideration through a webform but IRCC is unlikely to consider your request.

You can appeal the decision. This will require you to hire a lawyer and spend several $1K without the guarantee of a positive outcome.

Best option is to reapply and put together a stronger application.

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
You can request reconsideration through a webform but IRCC is unlikely to consider your request.

You can appeal the decision. This will require you to hire a lawyer and spend several $1K without the guarantee of a positive outcome.

Best option is to reapply and put together a stronger application.
Thank you

noblegiant

Jan 23, 2022
Hi Guys
I have also applied under the CAN+ program. I would want to ask:
- Did you apply online?
-How long did it take for you to get refused?
-Can you share your timeline with me?

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
I have also applied under the CAN+ program. I would want to ask:
- Did you apply online?
-How long did it take for you to get refused?
-Can you share your timeline with me?
Yes I applied online.
I applied on Nov 13 2021 and got biometrics request on nov 15th 2021 and I got BVL yesterday and refusal letter today

noblegiant

Jan 23, 2022
Yes I applied online.
I applied on Nov 13 2021 and got biometrics request on nov 15th 2021 and I got BVL yesterday and refusal letter today
That is very unfortunate.
I will let you know the outcome of mine. I have been to Canada 3 times, USA 4 times and I just renewed my USA visa which is valid.

I am attending a workshop. I hope it turns out positive.

Summersnow23

Sep 18, 2021
I will let you know the outcome of mine. I have been to Canada 3 times, USA 4 times and I just renewed my USA visa which is valid.

Good luck. I hope your outcome is positive

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your case is very different. No spouse in Canada I assume, record of return to your home (if it is your home country that would also benefit you) and a solid reason for temporary travel.

Reactions: noblegiant