+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Work ?

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
***** IMPORTANT ******

I have PGWP till May, 2024. I applied for a second study permit from inside Canada for course starting in September. Got study permit approval today.

Can I work till May until pgwp work permit expiry date or I must stop working immediately after study permit approval which is today?

Last edited:

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I believe you should be able to work until your PGWP expires in May. You must stop working after that.

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Any ideas on this ? It’s 3:30 am and I have work starting at 8:00 am. Can I work? Very nervous cannot sleep

@dpenabill @scylla @Kaibigan @armoured @Naturgrl

again with this too people are saying different things to me so cannot sleep

**** IMPORTANT ******

I have PGWP ( Post Graduate Work Permit) till May 15, 2024. I applied for a second study permit from inside Canada for course starting in September. Got study permit approval today.

Can I work till May 15 until pgwp work permit expiry date or must I stop working immediately after study permit approval which is today? Does the study permit cancel the pgwp work permit ? IMM5709e ( Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada ) is the form I had to fill out for the new study permit application from within Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any ideas on this ? It’s 3:30 am and I have work starting at 8:00 am. Can I work? Very nervous cannot sleep

@dpenabill @scylla @Kaibigan @armoured @Naturgrl

again with this too people are saying different things to me so cannot sleep

**** IMPORTANT ******

I have PGWP ( Post Graduate Work Permit) till May 15, 2024. I applied for a second study permit from inside Canada for course starting in September. Got study permit approval today.

Can I work till May 15 until pgwp work permit expiry date or must I stop working immediately after study permit approval which is today? Does the study permit cancel the pgwp work permit ? IMM5709e ( Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada ) is the form I had to fill out for the new study permit application from within Canada.
In my time zone, it's 5:30 pm. It's a personal choice whether work, sleep or study.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Anyone ? I need to know if I should resign. Your help would highly be appreciated

just like the non criminal irs fail, people gave me different opinions. What an absolute mess

@dpenabill @scylla @armoured @Naturgrl @Kaibigan
I am sorry to say that we have exhausted my limited knowledge bank on the topic. As I mentioned elsewhere recently, my only experience is with spousal/dependents sponsorship PR applications and, unlike some others here, I usually don't follow (hence don't learn) about various other aspects of immigration and options. I can sometimes help out with legal issues, although I am not educated in immigration law.

I don't even know what "pgwp" means nor do I know about work permits, study permits, etc. But some of the others you mention know about those things, I believe, and I expect one or more of them will comment soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone ? I need to know if I should resign. Your help would highly be appreciated

just like the non criminal irs fail, people gave me different opinions. What an absolute mess

@dpenabill @scylla @armoured @Naturgrl @Kaibigan
I'm going to be brutally honest here. Your expetations on this forum are unreasonable and borderline rude. You seem to expect people are here to help you 24/7. They are not. People offer advice her for free on their own time and schedule. We are not here to serve you. We are not here on your schedule. You need to adjust your expectations. For the level of support you are looking for, you need to put an immigration lawyer on retainer.

I answer posts when I think I know the answer. I don't answer posts when I'm not sure.

Please stop tagging me repeatedly. Hire a lawyer and pay money for the level of support you are expecting.