+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I withdraw my Refugee Claim and apply under different category?

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
What If not book a flight and continue my work??
deportation?? So in future m banned??
You are breaking the law !!
Yes you will get deported.
after withdrawing your Claim ,your chances pretty low to be admissible to Canada, and if your intention is nor to leave and break the law, it become 0 chance you will be allowed in Canada for another path.

Good Luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What If not book a flight and continue my work??
deportation?? So in future m banned??
You can attempt to apply for a WP but given your overstay and asylum claim it will likely be difficult. Your best chance of returning to Canada would be to qualify for PR. The time working will also not count as work you have done while in Canada given your status. At a certain point your application will be flagged. You also would qualify for any WP extensions so it will become very clear to an employer after this WP expires that you don’t have status. You also don’t qualify for healthcare which is another issue.

Apr 13, 2023
You can attempt to apply for a WP but given your overstay and asylum claim it will likely be difficult. Your best chance of returning to Canada would be to qualify for PR. The time working will also not count as work you have done while in Canada given your status. At a certain point your application will be flagged. You also would qualify for any WP extensions so it will become very clear to an employer after this WP expires that you don’t have status. You also don’t qualify for healthcare which is another issue.

Apr 13, 2023
Hi
My Concern is not about PR status. I don’t need that but my concern us only about how long can I stay here??? Withdraw my status on january I have a 2 years of permit on that M working on SIN no. What happEned now???? I m here just to make money so how much Time I have here???

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi
My Concern is not about PR status. I don’t need that but my concern us only about how long can I stay here??? Withdraw my status on january I have a 2 years of permit on that M working on SIN no. What happEned now???? I m here just to make money so how much Time I have here???
You don’t have no time. Your time in Canada is up. Better organize yourself and leave otherwise you may be deported and traveling or applying a visa to other countries will be difficult. YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Once you withdraw your asylum claim you have no status in Canada and are deportable. When you filed for asylum you signed a removal document. It is put on hold when you file your asylum claim but once you withdraw your claim it becomes valid. You are supposed to leave right away.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
You don’t have status for 2 years if you withdraw your asylum claim so you’d be working illegally.

Apr 13, 2023
Hi
One more thing I want to asked as I told you I have withdraw on jan but still I didn’t get any removal letter and not even my passport then you are saying to leave canada how?? That’s why m still working on SIN number so Can I???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
One more thing I want to asked as I told you I have withdraw on jan but still I didn’t get any removal letter and not even my passport then you are saying to leave canada how?? That’s why m still working on SIN number so Can I???
If you have withdrawn your refugee claim, then you are supposed to leave Canada. So no, you can no longer remain in Canada and continue working.

Once you withdraw your refugee claim, the removal order against you becomes enforceable. (The removal order against you was already in place previously but was on hold because you had an active refugee claim.) Since you withdrew your claim, you basically have 30 days to leave Canada before this automatically turns into a deportation order. So safe to assume you are under a deportation order now which could be enforced at any time.

Your passport is not returned to you in Canada if you withdraw your refugee claim. You have to leave Canada to get your passport back and your passport will be handed back to you at the airport while you are boarding the airplane to leave. You are supposed to buy airline tickets to leave Canada and then notify CBSA who will return your passport to you as you are at the airport and leaving Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So what to do now?? I thought I have to wait foe passport or removal letter
You make plans to leave Canada. Buy an airline ticket to leave soon and return to your home country. Again, your passport will be returned to you at the airport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.