+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can F1 Visa holder apply for Canada PR from US

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
It was just my casual question. Not sure if we would still be a student and work in US (OR) become a PR and in that case we cant work.
A canadian PR holder can’t enter the US without a valid visa or passport from an exempt country.

That means that after getting your PR nothing changes about your status in thr US.

penumarti09

May 30, 2018
A canadian PR holder can’t enter the US without a valid visa or passport from an exempt country.

That means that after getting your PR nothing changes about your status in thr US.
Thank you so much for the reply. Could you please attach a link to justify this?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you so much for the reply. Could you please attach a link to justify this?
What link are you expecting when you are mixing and matching up immigration process of two different countries? How can an immigration status obtained in Canada change something with regards to US?

Did anything change in home country when you got US Visa?

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
You can read about it here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/student-visa.html

Note that in order to study in the US everyone except US citizens needs a F1 visa, including Canadian citizens though the process is more of a formality than anything else (the visa is a sticker given at the port of entry).

And remember that you are applying for permanent residency, you will not become a Canadian citizen at the end of this process, think of it as a better type of visa, as it is still possible to be deported from Canada on a PR.

freesoul

Sep 14, 2018
Do not worry so much. Canadian immigration is separate from your status in US. Have a lovely new year.

m4mallesham

Jan 28, 2019
Hi All,

I would like to apply for Canada PR. I am presently on F1 status in US.
Kindly let me know if i can apply for Canada PR from USA.

Thanks and Regards
Indhu
Sure - you can certainly apply.
Kindly let me know if i can apply for Canada PR from USA.also do i need to show funds for applying for PR

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Kindly let me know if i can apply for Canada PR from USA.also do i need to show funds for applying for PR
Hi,

Yes, you can certainly apply being an F1 Student. You do need to show funds for PR. Try to arrange it from a friend or a relative and make sure your Bank Statement shows that, also make sure it is not more than 6 months old.

Dan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need approximately $13K in funds to apply.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
@VOBuckeye under which category did you apply for the PR? And is it necessary that we need to have a job in Canada for applying the PR? What are the steps that I'll have to follow to apply the PR?
Hi,
Sorry I'm just seeing this.I applied under Federal Skilled Workers Program. A job offer is not required but it would certainly raise your scores. I didn't have a job offer when I was invited to apply; most people don't and still get it.

Namita02

Aug 21, 2019
Hi all,

Wanted some information. I am currently studying in USA on F1 visa. Can I apply for PR before I complete my masters? Or do I have to wait till I complete my education?

Please help me out with this confusion.

Thank you!

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi all,

Wanted some information. I am currently studying in USA on F1 visa. Can I apply for PR before I complete my masters? Or do I have to wait till I complete my education?

Thank you!
There is nothing preventing you from applying for Express Entry under FSW category if you meet the minimum requirements. Whether you will get ITA or not depends on the CRS you are able to claim. Read through basic requirements of express entry and determine for yourself if you meet the eligibility.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hi,

You most certainly can apply for a PR before your Masters. There is no need to wait if you have the scores.

Goodluck!

Dan