+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
They made an update today from document uploaded to we don't need more document's!!!! Any update for anyone
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did u find out about this updates did it change from in process to decision made ?

Last edited:

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

Has anyone had an experience with calling Cairo immigration?

Cairo Immigration asked us to send an email stating that we wanted our passport to be delivered to someone other than my husband. I sent 2 emails (Sunday and Monday) and DHL says that Cairo Immigration still hasn't given them the passport to mail out.

We need the passport ASAP because we are traveling soon.

What should I do?
Did they finish issuing the permanent residence visa at last ? send a courrier via DHL to the embassy to get the passports and tell them ur file number

Reactions: awesomeness323

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
No we didn't get decision made. When they sent us ppr request, they also asked for some documents. At that time they changed "we don't need extra documents" to " documents recieved and uploaded"...
Then today they changed that back to "we don't need any other documents".

But every other part remains the same...

And we found out by luck... we check it a million times everyday lol.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did u find out about this updates did it change from in process to decision made ?

Reactions: Amronavich

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
When did you start your hole application?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone had an experience with calling Cairo immigration?

Cairo Immigration asked us to send an email stating that we wanted our passport to be delivered to someone other than my husband. I sent 2 emails (Sunday and Monday) and DHL says that Cairo Immigration still hasn't given them the passport to mail out.

We need the passport ASAP because we are traveling soon.

What should I do?

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
When did you start your whole application?
We filed February 2016. File was transferred to Cairo Visa Office May 2016. Our whole application took about 17 months total. We had been waiting for the security clearance/background check for about 10 months (since September 2016). I got decision made about 1 week ago (last Monday) (they asked me for the passport the week before that). Alhamdulillah.

Last edited:

deemaom

May 1, 2017
try to go in person to the embassy and please keep us updated if they reply to you weather in person or by email !
and I wanted to ask you how did you know you visa is issued and you want to take your passport back ? did they send you an email that your passport is ready to be returned to you by DHL ? or they just send it to the address they have on file ?
how does stuff work for passport return ?

and I also wanted to let you know that even if DHL sent your passport to any address if nobody answer the door then DHL will call you right away to collect the passport from the DHL office.

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
try to go in person to the embassy and please keep us updated if they reply to you weather in person or by email !
and I wanted to ask you how did you know you visa is issued and you want to take your passport back ? did they send you an email that your passport is ready to be returned to you by DHL ? or they just send it to the address they have on file ?
how does stuff work for passport return ?

and I also wanted to let you know that even if DHL sent your passport to any address if nobody answer the door then DHL will call you right away to collect the passport from the DHL office.
They emailed us telling us that the visa has been issued and that we can send a courier to pick up our passport after 5 days. That same day, I went on ecas and it was changed to decision made. Next day in mycic, it showed up as approved. We called DHL and they told us to forward to them the email stating our visa has been issued and that they would courier it (they gave us a tracking number).

Last edited:

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
I posted this in the March thread but as Cairo is my VO I thought everyone here might also be curious about what happens during the background check. I asked my lawyer what the process was like and this was her reply:

"I’ve never before heard of them contacting past employers or schools, so I’d doubt that for sure. And they do not normally request police clearances that have already been provided – particularly when they were issued quite recently -- but it is possible that they could request a more recent clearance if the old one was issued almost a year ago.

More generally - the focus of the background check is assessing the evidence regarding the genuineness of the relationship, and assessing any admissibility concerns (misrepresentation, the results of the police clearances and medical examination, etc).

As for timing, the entire process is generally complete within 12 months – and this would be measured from the submission date. Processing could be longer given the complexity in the case, particularly if they want an interview."

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
I posted this in the March thread but as Cairo is my VO I thought everyone here might also be curious about what happens during the background check. I asked my lawyer what the process was like and this was her reply:

"I’ve never before heard of them contacting past employers or schools, so I’d doubt that for sure. And they do not normally request police clearances that have already been provided – particularly when they were issued quite recently -- but it is possible that they could request a more recent clearance if the old one was issued almost a year ago.

More generally - the focus of the background check is assessing the evidence regarding the genuineness of the relationship, and assessing any admissibility concerns (misrepresentation, the results of the police clearances and medical examination, etc).

As for timing, the entire process is generally complete within 12 months – and this would be measured from the submission date. Processing could be longer given the complexity in the case, particularly if they want an interview."
what really confuses me is that they claimed they are conducting security clearance check after medical and they set 25 January 2018 as the expiry date for our visa and that we have to land Canada before this date they sent us this on March how come will our security check take 12 months and at the same time this will cause expiry of our landing date

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
what really confuses me is that they claimed they are conducting security clearance check after medical and they set 25 January 2018 as the expiry date for our visa and that we have to land Canada before this date they sent us this on March how come will our security check take 12 months and at the same time this will cause expiry of our landing date
My theory on this: There are different levels of security checks that they order based on your profile, travel history, etc. So I believe maybe they are giving visa expiry dates, requesting passports from people whose security check they believe will not take more than a few months. But it is interesting.

Last edited:

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
My theory on this: There are different levels of security checks that they order based on your profile, etc. So I believe maybe they are giving visa expiry dates, requesting passports from people whose security check they believe will not take more than a few months. But it is interesting.
I really hope your theory is true because its really confusing what is happening at the moment i hope we all can go through this and land in canada asap

Reactions: omo_lylah