+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Whoever has ordered the specific notes on your case. What exactly did you do?
My wife ordered them, and they sent her this reply...

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on June 28, 2017, for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning (name)

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reasons:

· The consent of (name) is required to process your request and allow us to release their information to you.

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

· According to our records and the information provided in your request, we cannot confirm that the person for whom the information is being requested is eligible to submit a request under the Privacy Act, which requires that he/she be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual present in Canada.

In order for us to process your request, we require that you provide us with the information requested in ONE of the two options below:

1) If the person for whom the information is being requested is eligible to submit a request please provide a proof that he/she is entitled to make a request under the Act (i.e. a copy of a stamped passport);

OR

2) If the person for whom the information is being requested is not eligible to submit a request please pay the application $5.00 fee in order for us to process your request under the Access to information Act.

Payment may be made by cheque or money order made payable to the Receiver General for Canada, or by credit card using the online payment service:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If paying online, you must send us a copy of the payment receipt.
If paying by cheque or money order you must send us a copy of this letter with your payment.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by August 17, 2017, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The complaint form can be retrieved at:

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a-federal-institution/file-a-complaint-under-the-privacy-act/

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist

This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
1. You have to fill out the consent forms (needs to have your signature on it)

2. You have to select option 2 (it will cost 5 dollars) since the PA is not a PR or Canadian citizen or someone currently living in Canada.

Email them telling them you are requesting the information under the Access to Information Act, include a completed consent form and the receipt that you paid the 5 dollars.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
1. You have to fill out the consent forms (needs to have your signature on it)

2. You have to select option 2 (it will cost 5 dollars) since the PA is not a PR or Canadian citizen or someone currently living in Canada.

Email them telling them you are requesting the information under the Access to Information Act, include a completed consent form and the receipt that you paid the 5 dollars.
Can this be scanned and sent via email, Or by corrier?

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Reactions: omo_lylah

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
which one do i select?

Access to Information Act

or

Privacy Act
Access to Information Act is the right option.
"2) If the person for whom the information is being requested is not eligible to submit a request please pay the application $5.00 fee in order for us to process your request under the Access to information Act."

MapleSyrup11

Jul 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Do I have to include the Family Booklet (Kaid 3a2ely) for my sponsored wife's family. I already made one for me and her, so should I make another one for her family as a proof for the (IMM5406E_AdditionalFamilyInformation) application or not.
Thanks for your contribution. All the best!!
Hello All,
I would really appreciate if any one here could answer my question above?. Thanks.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
I agree with omo_lylah. The family booklet is only for the sponsored person. That's what we did here. :)

deemaom

May 1, 2017
No news for us as well . I spoke to the MP and he told me that the criminal check for my husband didnt start yet i am so shocked how they requested the passport if they are bot done yet . We have to do something with this visa office
Gyus lets all send them emails and tell them they cant hold our passport for so long ! What if someone has any emergebcy or any other plan .... all embasies dont take passport nore than one month . This is not normal , and even though they should at least sent us stamped copy of the passport in case we need something official . Thats what all other emass

deemaom

May 1, 2017
I even asked here in canada they said when they request the passport that means everythibg is done and they should return it very soon

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Take care... my wife did that and they told her your application is still in process... if you want you're passport, you're free to send a courrior at anytime to pick it up....

No news for us as well . I spoke to the MP and he told me that the criminal check for my husband didnt start yet i am so shocked how they requested the passport if they are bot done yet . We have to do something with this visa office
Gyus lets all send them emails and tell them they cant hold our passport for so long ! What if someone has any emergebcy or any other plan .... all embasies dont take passport nore than one month . This is not normal , and even though they should at least sent us stamped copy of the passport in case we need something official . Thats what all other emass