+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
How long does it take to process your application since they have received it at the Cairo visa office until they ask for the passport !!!

deemaom

May 1, 2017
I dont want to depress u but it took almost 2.5 years and its not done yet
Passport never returned yet .
Please keep us up to date if any thing changes with u guys.

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
I dont want to depress u but it took almost 2.5 years and its not done yet
Passport never returned yet .
Please keep us up to date if any thing changes with u guys.
How come to take 2.5 years !!!
Are you talking about refugees cases !!!

deemaom

May 1, 2017
How come to take 2.5 years !!!
Are you talking about refugees cases !!!
no but we had the worst experience with cairo visa office
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from egypt , i dont know why it took that long :S maybe because the Canadian embassy also closed for sometime in Egypt and they are super slow

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
You must keep bugging them. Once it passes the "estimated time", its your right to be a bother!
I once read a woman... also dealing with Egypt ... and they actually "Forgot/ misplaced" her application. Also, for sponsorship. She kept on top of them, and eventually they apologized that they had "misplaced" it.. and they completed the application right away.

no but we had the worst experience with cairo visa office
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from egypt , i dont know why it took that long :S maybe because the Canadian embassy also closed for sometime in Egypt and they are super slow

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
I would say it depends of your application and the agent. Here, it took 4 months to sponsor my husband.

omo_lylah, still no news? That's very strange!

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
I guess they have problem or backlog as me when send they say is in process que and will contact when ready also they changed from 11 months to 12

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
I have realized there are many applications are in process since 24 November 2016 maybe they wait security results as one batch together so they stopped requesting passports until do what they have already .

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
I have realized there are many applications are in process since 24 November 2016 maybe they wait security results as one batch together so they stopped requesting passports until do what they have already .
we hope they give anyone passport back they got our passport and pictures for the pr since may or b4 , my security background in process since the same date , that's so weird my family will travel in august and already i have my ticket coz we count as the 11 month will end by august ,but suddenly they change it to 12 month :S , no one get approved from Ontario long time as i guess but Quebec a lot got approved last month, hope this month for us in shaa Allah
anyone get any update plz tell us as all of us on fire

deemaom

May 1, 2017
I sent them The passports since 27 march and till now and all i get for response is pending security clearance :(
No way ! Are you serious MARCH 27 ? And untill now nothing back ?
This is unbelievable
I am starting to get very worried
Have anyone tried to contact their MP in canada ? You have to be canadian citizen to do that