+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

deemaom

May 1, 2017
same here they took my passport and two pictures and my height and eye color but no news. I sent them an email and they replied "under security check !!!!"
Hi , just want to know what did they replt to you exactly ? Did they say security check or pending security clearance?
And when did you send your passport ?
Thanks

myafia

Mar 10, 2013
Dear people who already received their passports from cairo visa office

I did as the instructions said but no where did they ask for my address? So how will i get my passport back? Will they use the address i put in the application at the very beginning?
when they issued the visa they sent me an email and asked me to contact DHL to pick it up from the embassy and I provided my name and application number to DHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildemam

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
when they issued the visa they sent me in an email and asked me to contact DHL to pick it up from the embassy and I provided my name and application number to DHL.
Thank you so much.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Hi , just want to know what did they replt to you exactly ? Did they say security check or pending security clearance?
And when did you send your passport ?
Thanks
they say security check or pending security clearance and i sent the passport since 18th of may with two pictures and my height and eye color

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Wow, it looks the Embassy takes forever to send your passports back!!!
I hope you will get answer very soon!!!

deemaom

May 1, 2017
they say security check or pending security clearance and i sent the passport since 18th of may with two pictures and my height and eye color
I sent it on may 22 and they didnt send it back yet . The email i recived is pending security clerance !
Is this normal for them to keep the passport for that long ? They have to give people approximate time how long they willkeep the passport ?
What should we do !

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
I sent it on may 22 and they didnt send it back yet . The email i recived is pending security clerance !
Is this normal for them to keep the passport for that long ? They have to give people approximate time how long they willkeep the passport ?
What should we do !
We are the same as you! in every detail. But if you e-mail them talk politely, and don't ask specifically about your passport. My dear wife, insisted on asking specifically about my passport.. and they replied "your application is still under review.. if you want the passport, send a courier anytime... "

deemaom

May 1, 2017
We are the same as you! in every detail. But if you e-mail them talk politely, and don't ask specifically about your passport. My dear wife, insisted on asking specifically about my passport.. and they replied "your application is still under review.. if you want the passport, send a courier anytime... "
It is for my husband passport , he did send them email and asked about the return of passport how long it is going to take and urge them to join us in Canada soon . but that was their reply its under security check :S I know that when they request the passport everything should be done ! lol
anyway what did you mean by if we want the passport send a courier anytime ??
we cant do this unless they email us that the passport is ready right ?

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
It is for my husband passport , he did send them email and asked about the return of passport how long it is going to take and urge them to join us in Canada soon . but that was their reply its under security check :S I know that when they request the passport everything should be done ! lol
anyway what did you mean by if we want the passport send a courier anytime ??
we cant do this unless they email us that the passport is ready right ?
right but coz my wife send them email asking where is my passport so they answer like that if u want it take it :(

MapleSyrup11

Jul 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading through this thread for a long time and I have to say I managed to gain some valuable information about the Family Sponsorship- Cairo Visa Office, thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

I am Egyptian/Canadian and married to my Egyptian wife for 4 years and planning to go back to Canada in the next months for settling down and sponsoring my wife for permanent residency from Canada. I have some inquiries and I would be glad if anyone of you could give me a clue or reflection of past experience.

The thing is that before marrying my wife she was working as a flight attendant based in one of the Gulf countries for more than 9 years. She is staying with me in Egypt ever since we got married. So my questions are:

a- Will the CIC require a Police Certificate/Criminal Record from the Gulf country for the period she stayed there or only the Egyptian Criminal Record will be sufficient (During the past 10 years, she lived 6 years in the Gulf then 4 years in Egypt)

b- Given the nature of her previous employment and the countless times she traveled to other countries, should we have to include all her business trips in the (Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562]) form, or maybe just include the business trips that lasted for more than three days (Layovers) – this will require 20 extra papers to be attached to the form- along with a letter of explanation to justify it.

c- If we did her Medical Exam (valid for 12 months) and Egyptian Criminal Record (valid for 3 months) before applying and attach it to the Sponsorship Application Package which will be sent to Mississauga Center, should that save us some time while processing here in Cairo VO.

Thank you for your support and sharing your thoughts. I hope the best for you all.

BR,

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading through this thread for a long time and I have to say I managed to gain some valuable information about the Family Sponsorship- Cairo Visa Office, thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

I am Egyptian/Canadian and married to my Egyptian wife for 4 years and planning to go back to Canada in the next months for settling down and sponsoring my wife for permanent residency from Canada. I have some inquiries and I would be glad if anyone of you could give me a clue or reflection of past experience.

The thing is that before marrying my wife she was working as a flight attendant based in one of the Gulf countries for more than 9 years. She is staying with me in Egypt ever since we got married. So my questions are:

a- Will the CIC require a Police Certificate/Criminal Record from the Gulf country for the period she stayed there or only the Egyptian Criminal Record will be sufficient (During the past 10 years, she lived 6 years in the Gulf then 4 years in Egypt)

b- Given the nature of her previous employment and the countless times she traveled to other countries, should we have to include all her business trips in the (Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562]) form, or maybe just include the business trips that lasted for more than three days (Layovers) – this will require 20 extra papers to be attached to the form- along with a letter of explanation to justify it.

c- If we did her Medical Exam (valid for 12 months) and Egyptian Criminal Record (valid for 3 months) before applying and attach it to the Sponsorship Application Package which will be sent to Mississauga Center, should that save us some time while processing here in Cairo VO.

Thank you for your support and sharing your thoughts. I hope the best for you all.

BR,
a- If she listed it on the application form as a residence she lived in for more than six months she should get a criminal record check from that country. Depending on the country it can usually be requested online from the country's Ministry of Justice website

b- Yeah. You have to include all travel for the last ten years. If she left the airport, it counts as travel to that country. This took us a long time to compile and we had to attach separate sheets too (my husband was living in the EU and travelled in and out of various EU countries a lot and I travelled down to the States a lot and throughout the EU too) We added a note that it was "correct to the best of our knowledge"

c- We included our medical when we applied and they asked for the criminal record check after along with Schedule A. It'll definitely save you time to have them ready to submit but I don't know if it speeds up the processing in Cairo or not