Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
I had confirmation from my MP that all the files are still in Cairo and will continue to be worked on in Cairo.

"I have just spoken with a CIC officer regarding the Cairo embassy’s situation. At present, all applications that were in Cairo before the embassy closed are still being processed there and estimated processing time is still 18 months. If the situation in Cairo continues to deteriorate, CIC expects that some or all of these files will be transferred to the special processing unit in Ottawa. However, Cairo will remain the final processing authority for all applications and processing times will remain as posted."

Best to all!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
CairoCouple said:
I had confirmation from my MP that all the files are still in Cairo and will continue to be worked on in Cairo.

"I have just spoken with a CIC officer regarding the Cairo embassy's situation. At present, all applications that were in Cairo before the embassy closed are still being processed there and estimated processing time is still 18 months. If the situation in Cairo continues to deteriorate, CIC expects that some or all of these files will be transferred to the special processing unit in Ottawa. However, Cairo will remain the final processing authority for all applications and processing times will remain as posted."

Best to all!
Thanks for updating us CairoCouple, it is really helpful

It doesn't seem like the conditions in the country have gotten any better. But I pray for all our families to stay safe (God Willing)

Once again, God bless you MadeInCanada - I will definitely email our local MP and the minister of immigration about this issue, and see how it goes.

I feel like there is a tough road ahead of us guys, patience is the answer! ...who am I kidding, it is probably one of the hardest things one can do in this situation.. lol!

And I just emailed the ATIP folks.. I still haven't received the GCMS notes and I asked them what might be holding it up. The least they can do is to let me know that they need a time extension and re-clarify what exactly I ordered

Kuudir2

New lady

Jun 4, 2013
HRH said:
Good news for every one The embassy reopen again in Cairo but with change in open and closed time.
Alhamdulelah.
That is good news, I am in Cairo now with my husband and we are trying to go to the embassy will they see us, because our application is taking too long and we want know what is going on, if they let us in who should we ask to see please advice me.

Thanks.

HRH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2012 another medical 10/3/2014
AOR Received.
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
20/2/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
29/4/2014
LANDED..........
4/6/2014
New lady said:
That is good news, I am in Cairo now with my husband and we are trying to go to the embassy will they see us, because our application is taking too long and we want know what is going on, if they let us in who should we ask to see please advice me.

Thanks.
Since when you apply?

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Alslam 3alekom Cairo applicants

I am a new member here :)

my wife is sponsoring me she is in Ottawa now with my son
i am a Palestinian citizen , and i am living in Gaza city

this is my short story !

Disappointment

when i got SA letter they told me my application was sent to Tel-aviv embassy , i was happy for that because the processing time for tel-aviv just 9 months, i contacted tel-aviv office to pay RPRF , and i did it then i email the receipt to them, after 2 days, the replay to me,
(( Your application appears to be processed in Cairo. Please email the document to the Cairo immigration office. ))

i am so depressed for that, firstly, the situations in Egypt is very bad and There was frequent closures of the embassy in the last period,

Not to mention that the processing time its take along time, its may up to 18 months

OMG, I cant beleive that !!!

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
mosaab said:
Alslam 3alekom Cairo applicants

I am a new member here :)

my wife is sponsoring me she is in Ottawa now with my son
i am a Palestinian citizen , and i am living in Gaza city

this is my short story !
Good luck, and hopefully things will get better and the wait time will shorten.

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
Hi everyone,
I had emailed CIC with regards to transfering our file to another visa office and they reponded back right away stating that I need to email the visa office is Cairo with this regard and that they will make the decision as to weather or not my file should be transfered. This is very frustrating becasue if the visa office in Cairo does not respond back at all.
Our file has been in egypt since May 28, 2013, we haven't heard anything since.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
CairoCouple said:
Good luck, and hopefully things will get better and the wait time will shorten.
Thank you very much for support

I hope that but,
really i don't think so :(

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
soulful_wala said:
Hi everyone,
I had emailed CIC with regards to transfering our file to another visa office and they reponded back right away stating that I need to email the visa office is Cairo with this regard and that they will make the decision as to weather or not my file should be transfered. This is very frustrating becasue if the visa office in Cairo does not respond back at all.
that mean you just waited 3 months
according to cairo office its nothing
i had very bad experience with this office

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would like to remind you that processing times for Cairo visa office is 18 months so you dont to do nothing with them just waiting , you cant go nowhere to complain bcz they will respond you that they still in the normal processing time

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
soulful_wala said:
Hi everyone,
Hi soulful_wala,

Our files have been there even longer and we still haven't heard back from them. At this point.. it seems to be a normal thing to wait this long for a response. All we can say is just patiently wait, and you will eventually receive an answer of some sort from them.

Kuudir2

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Embassy in Cairo wrote that in the website :"For security reasons, the Embassy of Canada in Cairo is subject to sporadic closures on short notice. The ability to provide consular services may be limited due to unpredictable security and the curfew imposed by Egyptian authorities."
i really hope to transfer file to different visa office instead of that especially we will have big violence party next Friday with the protesting in Cairo n other cities in Egypt

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
madatito2000 said:
Canadian Embassy in Cairo wrote that in the website :"For security reasons, the Embassy of Canada in Cairo is subject to sporadic closures on short notice. The ability to provide consular services may be limited due to unpredictable security and the curfew imposed by Egyptian authorities."
i really hope to transfer file to different visa office instead of that especially we will have big violence party next Friday with the protesting in Cairo n other cities in Egypt
I was told by my MP that even though the office is closed, at times, to the public there is still a basic staff there working, ever so slowly. Basically, if you are within the 18 month period there is probably no reason to contact them to ask them what is taking so long. If you want to build up your case you can certainly send in information that will strengthen you case. For example, my parents came to Egypt and met my husband for the first time. They travelled with us and stayed with us, so I sent in this information, with photographic documentation, to our file. Also, contact your own MP and ask them to look into things.

Unfortunately, 18 months is our current reality. All we can do is hope that they work fast and decrease the wait time. I'd be curious to know if anyone at all has had interviews recently...

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
My husband had his interview within 3 months but got deneid a visa because the guy told him your muslim and ur wife is older its not real mariage he said lol .we been maried 2 years been together 4 we just started this year to apply for sponsorship..we are appealing but did not get the rejection letter yet its beem 3 months the told him it will take 2 weeks but we are still waiting..