File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi all, I have a bit of a complicated question. I am an Ontario resident, and I think I indicated we would live in Ontario on my husband's app, but my husband and I are considering the possibility of him living in BC first, with one of his relatives, before he joins me in Ontario. Would that be a problem for CIC, either during the landing interview in Canada, or in any subsequent contact with CIC? We applied before October 2012, so the conditional permanent residency requirement that we live together should not apply to us. Does CIC follow up with couples after the landing interview? Any information/advice would be highly appreciated!

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
CairoCouple said:
I think it is already open for a few days now.
I hope this is true, any body have other news about the opening of the embassy??

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
shamsuannahr said:
Hi all, I have a bit of a complicated question. I am an Ontario resident, and I think I indicated we would live in Ontario on my husband's app, but my husband and I are considering the possibility of him living in BC first, with one of his relatives, before he joins me in Ontario. Would that be a problem for CIC, either during the landing interview in Canada, or in any subsequent contact with CIC? We applied before October 2012, so the conditional permanent residency requirement that we live together should not apply to us. Does CIC follow up with couples after the landing interview? Any information/advice would be highly appreciated!
How long would he live in BC for? How long have you been married?

Mrs Ayman

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 september, 2013
AOR Received.
28 september, 2013
File Transfer...
5 february, 2014
Med's Done....
22 july, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
5 february, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 february, 2014
LANDED..........
insha'Allah 7 April, 2014
CairoCouple said:
We didn't need my husband's ID for anything, in fact that is one of the last things he changed. Can't you just show them your marriage certificate? Maybe go again and talk to a different person? And just to be reminded, the "kashf el ahl" is the family sheet? I didn't even go with him when he went and got it.
thanks for the reply but i went to two dif places to confirm this but everyone said we do it through the computer now so ur IDs need to say married .. the marriage cert not enough for them even though i have the original

i read from previous posts in here that kashf al ahl needs to be for me and him.. does anyone did it differently ??

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Barbara Baraka said:
Hi all, just wanted to let you know that my husband and I landed in Toronto on July 13th.

We like to thank everyone for all the support and help you have given us. We wish everyone here all the best in getting there approvals soon.
I'm happy for all of you. Wish the best for you in Canada. Is your husband applied for pr card or that will be automatically by landing processing.

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs Ayman said:
thanks for the reply but i went to two dif places to confirm this but everyone said we do it through the computer now so ur IDs need to say married .. the marriage cert not enough for them even though i have the original

i read from previous posts in here that kashf al ahl needs to be for me and him.. does anyone did it differently ??
look that paper is not for you nor for ur husband its for your family as ur applicant for me i made for my dad using his id , yes i changed my id to be married plus my sponsor is Canadian
i made that paper for me and using my id for different using not for immigration and after i changed my id they record my marriage certificate and then they gave that paper to me after i attach my id and my birth certificate and my wife copy of passport ( they even made birth certificate for my wife even if she is Canadian ) then they gave it to me one weak later
but this paper is for your family ur dad
n to make that paper for you dad bring his id and his birth certificate n ur mother birth certificate your parents marriage certificate ( and even if the father is Polygamous you shall attach birth certificate and marriage certificate n if there is any divorce attach divorce certificate too) attach also all your bothers n sisters birth certificates plus yours then here you go you got it

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
did they open the office yet!!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
The family composition is not for your family. It is for the people submitting the application. The husband and the wife and any children they have. Far as I can tell they want to make sure there is only one marriage at a time. As most know a person can only be legally married to one person in Canada.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
MadeInCanada said:
The family composition is not for your family. It is for the people submitting the application. The husband and the wife and any children they have. Far as I can tell they want to make sure there is only one marriage at a time. As most know a person can only be legally married to one person in Canada.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Hello madeincanada. I have 2 question.
Is that conformation of permenant resident same landing paper ?
Is your husband applied for PR card or it is automatically processing whe he landed ?
Thanks a lot

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Ahmedbaraka said:
Hello madeincanada. I have 2 question.
Is that conformation of permenant resident same landing paper ?
Is your husband applied for PR card or it is automatically processing whe he landed ?
Thanks a lot
The copr is the paper they send from the embassy with your passport. There will be two copies of it one for your landing and for yourself. When you land they ask for the address to send the Pr card.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
MadeInCanada said:
The copr is the paper they send from the embassy with your passport. There will be two copies of it one for your landing and for yourself. When you land they ask for the address to send the Pr card.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Thanks a lot madeincanada. And say hello to Mohamed Hassan.

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Funny, when we applied, we submitted the family composition to be my husband's family. After reading posts on this forum while we were waiting for our application to be processed, I saw that some people had submitted the family composition to also include the wife (which we had not done - it only included his parents and siblings). When my husband called the Cairo embassy to have them clarify what is the right way, they said what he submitted was fine (we thought that the point of the document was to identify potential family members he would want to later sponsor?). Our marriage certificate was proof of our union, and this was never an issue for us.

So, it seems that both approaches may work!

Mrs Ayman

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 september, 2013
AOR Received.
28 september, 2013
File Transfer...
5 february, 2014
Med's Done....
22 july, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
5 february, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 february, 2014
LANDED..........
insha'Allah 7 April, 2014
CanJen said:
Funny, when we applied, we submitted the family composition to be my husband's family. After reading posts on this forum while we were waiting for our application to be processed, I saw that some people had submitted the family composition to also include the wife (which we had not done - it only included his parents and siblings). When my husband called the Cairo embassy to have them clarify what is the right way, they said what he submitted was fine (we thought that the point of the document was to identify potential family members he would want to later sponsor?). Our marriage certificate was proof of our union, and this was never an issue for us.

So, it seems that both approaches may work!
Thanks aloot .. i actually have no choice except to do it for my family and will see if it works isa

spymaster

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
i am currently living in canada and i am sponsoring my wife

my Ecas status

decision made for sponsorship

in process for permanent residence

my question how long does it take for the visa office in cairo until they give her the visa plus i have been reading posts in this forum regarding similar situation like my wife and i some of them said " their status didn't change to in process until they were interviewed i am just wondering is it mandatory to have an interview or is it optional " and if she is exempted from the interview is it a good sign or a bad one