18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
spymaster said:
i am currently living in canada and i am sponsoring my wife

my Ecas status

decision made for sponsorship

in process for permanent residence

my question how long does it take for the visa office in cairo until they give her the visa plus i have been reading posts in this forum regarding similar situation like my wife and i some of them said " their status didn't change to in process until they were interviewed i am just wondering is it mandatory to have an interview or is it optional " and if she is exempted from the interview is it a good sign or a bad one
Hey there,

Its not mandatory to have an interview, however if Immigration has any "concerns" such as quick marriage, age difference, religious differences, they will request an interview. They will contact your wife for that.
Good luck

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
MadeInCanada said:
Go to this link, put your postal code in and it will tell you the Member for your area.

I sent it to the MP's e-mail, but also included the Minister of Immigration e-mail which is: minister @ cic.gc.ca (no spaces) I think it did the trick. The MP e-mailed me just after 9 am that they had contacted Cairo and would contact me once they got a reply.

I hope that you find out what is going on with your file soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Hi MadeInCanada,

I've been following this forum and reading comments related to application processing in the Cairo office and thought to ask you a few questions since I felt you'd be able to help. I sent in my application to sponsor my husband on November 13, 2012 and was approved as a sponsor on November 23, 2012. At that point they indicated that his application for permanent residency was transferred to the Cairo office. Since then we have not heard from them and ecas mentions his application was received on November 13, 2012 and the medical results were received.

Now I know that I'm still within the processing times CIC has posted on their site (which seem to be getting longer and longer), but I'm a little concerned that there has not been any movement in the process, and honestly speaking there seems to be no logic on how the applications are processed by the Cairo office. I'm contemplating getting in touch with my local MP to check on the application status but not sure if they would be able to help. Did you get in touch with them while your application was within processing times? Did you order your GCSM prior to contacting the MP? I'm going to send in my order for the GCSM tomorrow. What information did you have to give the MP?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Ragga

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone
Been a while since I visited the forum. I have a problem with my application and I need you guys advice. I got an email from Cairo visa office asking for some documents regarding myself and my new born baby. I got what they asked except the criminal record for Canada as I used to live there. I went with the steps they referred in their email I got an criminal record from the nearest police station in Cairo translated and authorized from ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affaire then I mailed all documents to the RCMP. I got a response back from them saying ( a criminal record vitrification could not be conducted due to poor quality of your fingerprints ) they also include their fingerprint form with more explanation of how I should do the fingerprint. now my question is
Where should I go to proceed my fingerprint on the RCMP form ?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Islam

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Can_Lily said:
Hi MadeInCanada,

I've been following this forum and reading comments related to application processing in the Cairo office and thought to ask you a few questions since I felt you'd be able to help. I sent in my application to sponsor my husband on November 13, 2012 and was approved as a sponsor on November 23, 2012. At that point they indicated that his application for permanent residency was transferred to the Cairo office. Since then we have not heard from them and ecas mentions his application was received on November 13, 2012 and the medical results were received.

Now I know that I'm still within the processing times CIC has posted on their site (which seem to be getting longer and longer), but I'm a little concerned that there has not been any movement in the process, and honestly speaking there seems to be no logic on how the applications are processed by the Cairo office. I'm contemplating getting in touch with my local MP to check on the application status but not sure if they would be able to help. Did you get in touch with them while your application was within processing times? Did you order your GCSM prior to contacting the MP? I'm going to send in my order for the GCSM tomorrow. What information did you have to give the MP?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
I have the same problem you do, except I submitted mine November 6,2012.. the sad part with all this is that Madeincanada submitted the application in December and got their visa back in July :( yet I am still waiting

others tell me that there was a problem with applications that were submitted in November -- don't know how or why

I already spoke to the MP and they wont help you at all -- don't bother

I requested those GCSM notes hoping something would happen - crossing my fingers and still waiting for a reply

since I applied time line for Egypt went from 10 months - 12 months - 15 months - and now its 19 months and probably soon it will be 25 months :)

don't bother calling them cause they don't know what they're talking about and they'll just transfer you to a machine

don't bother sending an email either cause they will make a "threat" saying your application is in process and refrain from sending anymore emails or it will effect your processing time --- WTF ?

good day.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
I wish they would just tell us that theyre working on application that were submitted in October for example or November

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
khilo said:
I have the same problem you do, except I submitted mine November 6,2012.. the sad part with all this is that Madeincanada submitted the application in December and got their visa back in July :( yet I am still waiting

others tell me that there was a problem with applications that were submitted in November -- don't know how or why

I requested those GCSM notes hoping something would happen - crossing my fingers and still waiting for a reply

since I applied time line for Egypt went from 10 months - 12 months - 15 months - and now its 19 months and probably soon it will be 25 months :)

don't bother calling them cause they don't know what they're talking about and they'll just transfer you to a machine

don't bother sending an email either cause they will make a "threat" saying your application is in process and refrain from sending anymore emails or it will effect your processing time --- WTF ?

good day.
Hi khilo,

It's very frustrating! I contact the call center and they tell me they can't access the file from here. I contact Cairo office and they never reply.

And yes it does feel like they're threatening when they say refrain from sending anymore emails. How dare they?! As Canadians we have a right to know what's happening with our applications. I sent in my order for the GCSM to shed some light but the wait time to receive them is ridiculous. Crossing fingers too that they'll magically appear in my inbox with some information.

You mentioned that others have told you there were problems with applications submitted in November. What could that possibly be? Sometimes I fear they would lose the whole application file. Incompetency isn't far off the list.

I've tried changing my husband's address on file since he's moved a couple of times lately (once in Feb and another in June), and the address change has NOT been reflected on Ecas. How reliable is Ecas??

So he sent them an inquiry yesterday about the address on file, and today they reply with the below:

"Good day,

This is to advise you that your application which had been received in Ottawa was recently transferred to the visa office in Cairo. "

Umm hello? What was the application doing in Ottawa?? And why wasn't I ever notified of that transfer?? And now it's back to Cairo?? What in God's name are they doing? The call center tells me applications usually go to Ottawa to take off some of the workload and that shouldn't affect waiting times. Yeah right as if I should believe that. Frustration after frustration.

I'm still considering contacting my local MP, even if he doesn't do anything, but I'm exhausting all my resources before I just give up and play the waiting game.

I do have another concern maybe you or someone else can help me with. My husband and I are expecting our first child in September 2013, but CIC doesn't mention to notify them of pregnancies, only when there is a birth. I was planning anyway on sending them the baby's birth certificate once the baby is born, but wondering if I need to inform them now of the pregnancy.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Can_Lily said:
Hi khilo,

It's very frustrating! I contact the call center and they tell me they can't access the file from here. I contact Cairo office and they never reply.

And yes it does feel like they're threatening when they say refrain from sending anymore emails. How dare they?! As Canadians we have a right to know what's happening with our applications. I sent in my order for the GCSM to shed some light but the wait time to receive them is ridiculous. Crossing fingers too that they'll magically appear in my inbox with some information.

You mentioned that others have told you there were problems with applications submitted in November. What could that possibly be? Sometimes I fear they would lose the whole application file. Incompetency isn't far off the list.

I've tried changing my husband's address on file since he's moved a couple of times lately (once in Feb and another in June), and the address change has NOT been reflected on Ecas. How reliable is Ecas??

So he sent them an inquiry yesterday about the address on file, and today they reply with the below:

"Good day,

This is to advise you that your application which had been received in Ottawa was recently transferred to the visa office in Cairo. "

Umm hello? What was the application doing in Ottawa?? And why wasn't I ever notified of that transfer?? And now it's back to Cairo?? What in God's name are they doing? The call center tells me applications usually go to Ottawa to take off some of the workload and that shouldn't affect waiting times. Yeah right as if I should believe that. Frustration after frustration.

I'm still considering contacting my local MP, even if he doesn't do anything, but I'm exhausting all my resources before I just give up and play the waiting game.

I do have another concern maybe you or someone else can help me with. My husband and I are expecting our first child in September 2013, but CIC doesn't mention to notify them of pregnancies, only when there is a birth. I was planning anyway on sending them the baby's birth certificate once the baby is born, but wondering if I need to inform them now of the pregnancy.
hello,

how long does the GCSM notes take ? I thought it would take a maximum of 30 days ? no ?

I played the frustrating game two weeks ago when I was running around from calling to emailing to MP to GCSM notes and this is what I got ....... nothing
so now im actually pretending to play the waiting game :)

this is the reply I got

"Good day,

This is to advise you that your application was recently transferred to the visa office in Cairo. "
--- recent ? its been sitting there for 7 months !!!! how is that recent ?

and finally I recommend calling CIC and asking the best option to go about letting them know you're pregnant (to keep the application smooth and not delay it at the end when they request his passport) -- but I might be wrong not sure

thanks,

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Can_Lily said:
Hi khilo,

"Good day,

Hi Can_Lily

Khilo mentioned a problem with some of the applications from November... There wasn't a problem other than a lot of the applications from November went to Ottawa for Stage 1 processing as a pilot project... and therefore some applications took a really long time to receive their SA from Ottawa.

I believe your file was in Ottawa for Stage 1 processing and that is why the email you received states received from Ottawa.
Hope this helps a little :)

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
cdnmom said:
Hi Can_Lily

Khilo mentioned a problem with some of the applications from November... There wasn't a problem other than a lot of the applications from November went to Ottawa for Stage 1 processing as a pilot project... and therefore some applications took a really long time to receive their SA from Ottawa.

I believe your file was in Ottawa for Stage 1 processing and that is why the email you received states received from Ottawa.
Hope this helps a little :)
Thanks cdnmom :) I actually received results of my Stage 1 processing in 10 days with an approval. That was the greatest moment throughout this whole process. Downhill from then ;D

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Can_Lily said:
Hi MadeInCanada,

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I contacted my MP while still within the processing times but after getting PPR. I am not sure the MP can help in the stage you are at however IMO it is still worth a try. When I contacted the MP I also included the minister of immigration. I personally feel that is why I got such a fast response.

I ordered the notes twice. The first time was really only to try and locate the file as I was told Ottawa was taking files then someone else said it was going to Cairo. The information on them was pretty vague but I did see that in fact the file was sent to Cairo. I ordered them again just before the interview (which at the point I ordered them I did not know was going to happen). They were a little late coming to me and oddly enough had all the updates from the interview. They are worth the 5 bucks to see what has or hasn't transpired on your file.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
khilo said:

good day.
It is extremely frustrating that someone that applied after you has completed their file for sure! and I am not intending to be condescending in the slightest so I hope you don't think that.

Something I would like to point out is that my file fell under the new conditional PR law/rule. I do not know for sure if that made any difference or not though. I believe all the people that have recently been approved do as well. (might be wrong though)

With regards to the emails, I would think rather than just asking questions about the file it might help to supply more proof and or evidence to your relationship or any new updates you may have. If you are giving them more information they have to open your file and put it in it. I did that several times. Again, I do not know if that was the reason but IMHO it is. I was sickeningly sweet in all my correspondence as well. I used the form from the website to upload the things I wanted to have added to the file. Between February and June I sent 3 different emails each with several attachments.

They ask you not to send further emails just asking about the files for a reason. If they took the time to reply to them all how would the actual files get finished? Maybe they have "minions" to do that, but those "minions" also have other tasks regarding the actual work of the files. Constant emails from every applicant wanting to know what is happening would take away from that. (IMO/common sense)

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Ragga said:
Hi everyone
Been a while since I visited the forum. I have a problem with my application and I need you guys advice. I got an email from Cairo visa office asking for some documents regarding myself and my new born baby. I got what they asked except the criminal record for Canada as I used to live there. I went with the steps they referred in their email I got an criminal record from the nearest police station in Cairo translated and authorized from ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affaire then I mailed all documents to the RCMP. I got a response back from them saying ( a criminal record vitrification could not be conducted due to poor quality of your fingerprints ) they also include their fingerprint form with more explanation of how I should do the fingerprint. now my question is
Where should I go to proceed my fingerprint on the RCMP form ?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Islam
I believe that there has been a new office recently opened for TRVs and other visas. I would suggest going there to see about the fingerprints. If I am correct, there is a new process which requires all applicants to supply fingerprints so that office should be able to either do it or advise you.

Here is a link to the website giving the address of the new office.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/highlights-faits/2013/VAC_CRDV.aspx?lang=en

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Can_Lily said:
Congrats on the pregnancy! September is a great month! (hehe I am a September baby,lol)

I think (if I am correct) you are a Canadian Citizen and already living in Canada? If that is the case there is no impact on the file. The baby won't need to be added or anything. I assume you have recently visited your husband and if you get a Dr note with your due date you can update the file and at least attempt at getting it looked at. Send the letter from the Dr and the proof of your trip (again assuming you are not living in Egypt). If you are living in Egypt then the proof of pregnancy will still be good to send.

About the files being transferred and what not: they did it so that the files could still be worked on even though the embassy was closed (due to the unrest). I agree that the applicants should have been notified, but hey, that's the government for you.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
MadeInCanada said:
It is extremely frustrating that someone that applied after you has completed their file for sure! and I am not intending to be condescending in the slightest so I hope you don't think that.

Something I would like to point out is that my file fell under the new conditional PR law/rule. I do not know for sure if that made any difference or not though. I believe all the people that have recently been approved do as well. (might be wrong though)

With regards to the emails, I would think rather than just asking questions about the file it might help to supply more proof and or evidence to your relationship or any new updates you may have. If you are giving them more information they have to open your file and put it in it. I did that several times. Again, I do not know if that was the reason but IMHO it is. I was sickeningly sweet in all my correspondence as well. I used the form from the website to upload the things I wanted to have added to the file. Between February and June I sent 3 different emails each with several attachments.

They ask you not to send further emails just asking about the files for a reason. If they took the time to reply to them all how would the actual files get finished? Maybe they have "minions" to do that, but those "minions" also have other tasks regarding the actual work of the files. Constant emails from every applicant wanting to know what is happening would take away from that. (IMO/common sense)

Take Care
MadeInCanada
yea that's still not fair lol they claim that its first come first serve but I guess that's a lie

I have nothing to send them or attach not sure what you were sending if you don't mind telling me
and what did you put as a subject ?
did you get an email saying "refrain from sending us email" bla bla bla ?

thanks,

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
MadeInCanada said:
Congrats on the pregnancy! September is a great month! (hehe I am a September baby,lol)

I think (if I am correct) you are a Canadian Citizen and already living in Canada? If that is the case there is no impact on the file. The baby won't need to be added or anything. I assume you have recently visited your husband and if you get a Dr note with your due date you can update the file and at least attempt at getting it looked at. Send the letter from the Dr and the proof of your trip (again assuming you are not living in Egypt). If you are living in Egypt then the proof of pregnancy will still be good to send.

About the files being transferred and what not: they did it so that the files could still be worked on even though the embassy was closed (due to the unrest). I agree that the applicants should have been notified, but hey, that's the government for you.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Thanks MadeInCanada :) Yes I am a Canadian citizen and living in Canada. Thanks for the idea on sending my doc's note and proof of trip; that's brilliant. And I don't think anyone thinks you're condescending. Yes I agree it is frustrating to see someone apply after you and complete their file before you. But it's nothing personal against you :) I believe we can learn a lot from your experience and get tips on how to proceed. I personally am happy for you that you're reunited with your husband, and once that happens with me I'm sure you'll be able to give me some pointers on how to get him settled in smoothly. Congrats to you :)