+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
See you misunderstand right away. It means a separation of Church and State. It means no State religion. It means laws that apply equally to all people of all faiths and social experiences. It means to find ways to expand tolerance for the broad range of the human condition. Democracy is about more than just political freedom.
democracy is the decision/choice of the "majority" - regardless of what that decision is - it has nothing to do with religion . i.e. if in any country the majority chooses "sharia law" - then this is democracy. You are confusing the meaning of the word "democracy".

What you mentioned is your "own understanding"/ or your own "ideology" which of-course doesn't change the meaning of the word "democracy". The separation of state and religion is a completely different issue, its not "democracy" my dear. You can argue what you like, but at least your words should make sense....otherwise there's no point in arguing or stating who's wrong and who's wright.

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
If your posts are not specific to immigration through the Cairo office, I'd like to politely request that you look for a forum elsewhere to state your political and/or religious views and opinions.

And instead of adding fuel to the fire, I'd like to ask that everyone simply ignore posts that are not relevant or appropriate to this forum's topic. I for one don't want to have to sift through pages of back and forth banter about what people think Egypt is doing right or wrong. I joined this forum to hear from people who are going through, or have already gone through, the immigration process and have constructive comments and advice to offer others going through a similar situation.

If you don't fall under this category, please go somewhere else to voice your comments, state your opinions, and let's keep this forum on topic, respectful, and free of judgment.

Thanks

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I think it is ridiculous that someone from the Cairo VO mentioned that due to the political upheaval the embassy is closed and someone else seeing it, made a positive comment (whether from that specific VO or not) was actually told to mind their own business. :eek:

With regards to it not being part of the topic and so on, it makes no sense to try and deny that. The office is closed due to political strife, I am no political or Egyptian expert but I can see the two go hand in hand and belong on this thread, not to mention needing or being interesting to discuss. It was brought up initially by a member dealing with the VO. Your concerns are valid for sure. If the instability continues who knows when they will get back into the office. This closure has nothing to do with the posted processing times, and therefore can and will delay them. It is all relevant.

Everyone on this forum has a right to comment on ANY post. I for one have commented or replied on many threads. Should I not have? I have offered help and support to many. Is that bad because they were from the UK or dealing with Hong Kong and I am in the Cairo VO?

Getting defensive or whatever about your country or it's current state of affairs may be noble in your mind but the reality of that is it further proves closed mindedness and lack of adaptability. Someone on the "outside" so to speak merely wished good luck to the country. Possibly was interested in learning and communicating with the very people that it is effecting. To be called out and be attacked only makes me shake my head. The people of Egypt are trying to gain freedom, yet showing on this forum that they not only are not ready for it, but can't handle it.

I hope the Egyptian people get what they need and what they want. As all counties before had to fight for the freedoms Egypt will and has been. We can only hope that our loved ones and the families we know will endure the chaos leading up to that day.

I may not be in Egypt, and I have no intentions to settle there, however, I really have to reply to the one that said they don't care what happens as they will not be living there. Your mentality is very disturbing, the selfishness of your heart and mind was so apparent and literally dripping off the words you typed. Your complete lack of compassion for the human beings that will remain in Egypt appalls me to the core. طبّاخ السمّ بيدوقه

Any support whether from inside or outside Egypt is welcomed in my books.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Amen to your post...

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
MadeInCanada said:
I think it is ridiculous that someone from the Cairo VO mentioned that due to the political upheaval the embassy is closed and someone else seeing it, made a positive comment (whether from that specific VO or not) was actually told to mind their own business. :eek:

With regards to it not being part of the topic and so on, it makes no sense to try and deny that. The office is closed due to political strife, I am no political or Egyptian expert but I can see the two go hand in hand and belong on this thread, not to mention needing or being interesting to discuss. It was brought up initially by a member dealing with the VO. Your concerns are valid for sure. If the instability continues who knows when they will get back into the office. This closure has nothing to do with the posted processing times, and therefore can and will delay them. It is all relevant.

Hello madeincanada . Hope you are ok and Mohamed too.
Hope you tell us about your husband landing and how long he took and what happened at airport .
Thanks a lot

Everyone on this forum has a right to comment on ANY post. I for one have commented or replied on many threads. Should I not have? I have offered help and support to many. Is that bad because they were from the UK or dealing with Hong Kong and I am in the Cairo VO?

Getting defensive or whatever about your country or it's current state of affairs may be noble in your mind but the reality of that is it further proves closed mindedness and lack of adaptability. Someone on the "outside" so to speak merely wished good luck to the country. Possibly was interested in learning and communicating with the very people that it is effecting. To be called out and be attacked only makes me shake my head. The people of Egypt are trying to gain freedom, yet showing on this forum that they not only are not ready for it, but can't handle it.

I hope the Egyptian people get what they need and what they want. As all counties before had to fight for the freedoms Egypt will and has been. We can only hope that our loved ones and the families we know will endure the chaos leading up to that day.

I may not be in Egypt, and I have no intentions to settle there, however, I really have to reply to the one that said they don't care what happens as they will not be living there. Your mentality is very disturbing, the selfishness of your heart and mind was so apparent and literally dripping off the words you typed. Your complete lack of compassion for the human beings that will remain in Egypt appalls me to the core. طبّاخ السمّ بيدوقه

Take Care
MadeInCanada

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
emamabd said:
democracy is the decision/choice of the "majority" - regardless of what that decision is - it has nothing to do with religion . i.e. if in any country the majority chooses "sharia law" - then this is democracy. You are confusing the meaning of the word "democracy".

What you mentioned is your "own understanding"/ or your own "ideology" which of-course doesn't change the meaning of the word "democracy". The separation of state and religion is a completely different issue, its not "democracy" my dear. You can argue what you like, but at least your words should make sense....otherwise there's no point in arguing or stating who's wrong and who's wright.
Its interesting how the person not from a democracy lectures the person from a democracy on the meaning of a democracy.

There are many more requirements than just the "majority rules" in what defines a democracy.....and I'm not arguing. I commented my support for the efforts in Cairo and was told to mind my own business.....in an open forum.....LOL.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MadeInCanada said:

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Well said.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its interesting how the person not from a democracy lectures the person from a democracy on the meaning of a democracy.

There are many more requirements than just the "majority rules" in what defines a democracy.....and I'm not arguing. I commented my support for the efforts in Cairo and was told to mind my own business.....in an open forum.....LOL.
It takes more than a Canadian passport to make a smart person, what makes you think you cant be lectured or cant be mistaken?

you were lecturing us earlier about islamic laws - yet you refused to be lectured about democracy :D. What do you know about islam in order to lecture muslims about it?

you are confused between the "western" way of life and the actual meaning of the word. If you stand on solid grounds, then provide evidence which backs your "understanding" - (and evidence does not mean how many days you lived in canada...lol :D).

If you refresh your mind - i'm not the one who told you to mind your business, i only replied to you because you were writing nonsense about democracy and religions.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
His landing was easy enough. We had already filled the B4 form so had that ready. He landed officially in Toronto, then got his connecting flight to where I live. I picked him up and there was no issues there at all. Everyone was pretty polite and courteous. He did have a slight time issue with the connecting flight as it only gave him an hour and 45 mins to get to it. He got in around 7 am so the airport was not overly busy, but he still missed it. We didn't have to pay for another flight (luckily) though as it was an internal mistake. He just caught the next one which only put him an hour behind schedule.

We spent the day together then went to watch the local firework display (which was actually pretty amazing for a small town, less than 10,000 population) lasting a little over 30 mins.

He got his SIN the next day, and we are currently working together to study for his drivers test. Yesterday he went to the Egyptian embassy here to register. Anyone that doesn't know there is a fine if you don't in the first 6 months.

A hint about the drivers licence: go to your local driving office, and ask them for a letter on the company letterhead that states you have had your licence for however long, and the number on your card/name/date of issue and expiry and anything else like there is no accidents on record(if that is the case).

You will also need your drivers licence translated. They will take the card from you when you go in for the test.

You can get it translated by a certified translator (despite the embassy site saying it has to be done by them, cash cow). This letter will enable you to get a test if you have at least 2 years experience (written for the G2-$85.00) then if you pass it you can go directly for the G which is another $75.00.

You can legally drive in Canada for 60 days after arrival. And really if you can drive there you can drive ANYWHERE lol. Just learn the signs and rules. There is a manual you can buy for $25.00 to study from.

If you or anyone have any other questions feel free to ask. We are both happy to help. If I think of anything else as time goes I will post anything pertinent.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Well said.
Absolutely agree... that's ma girl! And I agree.. as I stated in an earlier comment... to the one that said mind ur business and the other that said they dont care cuz they wont live there.... shame for such comments...
I think that mr CJG's post has been seriously misconstrude and twisted into something completely opposite of what was intended...

Wifey here

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
emamabd said:
It takes more than a Canadian passport to make a smart person, what makes you think you cant be lectured or cant be mistaken?

you were lecturing us earlier about islamic laws - yet you refused to be lectured about democracy :D. What do you know about islam in order to lecture muslims about it?

you are confused between the "western" way of life and the actual meaning of the word. If you stand on solid grounds, then provide evidence which backs your "understanding" - (and evidence does not mean how many days you lived in canada...lol :D).

If you refresh your mind - i'm not the one who told you to mind your business, i only replied to you because you were writing nonsense about democracy and religions.
I think you are confused.

The principles of democracy can be summed up as such:

1. All members are equal—they have equal rights and responsibilities.
2. The organization is run with impartiality and fairness. The rules are applied equally and fairly to all and not just a few. There is no favored group within the organization will get preferential treatment or who considers itself above the law.
3. Ideas come from the members and are presented to the assembly to decide upon. Everyone gets the right to present ideas, speak to these ideas, and vote on the ideas, not just a select group...
4. The majority rules but the rights of the minority and absent members are protected.
5. Everything is accomplished in the spirit of openness, not secrecy. Members have the right to know what is going on within the organization by attending meetings, inspecting the official records and receiving notices and reports form committees, officers, and boards.
6. Leaders come from the people through an election process which is fair and not slanted so a favored group can control the organization. When a leader’s term of office ends, he or she returns to the people. A hierarchy of power doesn’t exist; it is shared equally. All members have the right to be considered for office.

These basic principles are upheld through a constitution where they can be more specifically applied to things like religions etc. Having a State religion automatically excludes members of that society that do not share that religion and by omission are automatically oppressed. Sharia Law by democratic standards oppresses the rights and freedoms of women.

Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, scientology....they are all the same to me. Faith based beliefs should not be present in the affairs of government as they will most certainly be used to oppress others who do not share the belief of the ruling party.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
freeislam000 said:
Absolutely agree... that's ma girl! And I agree.. as I stated in an earlier comment... to the one that said mind ur business and the other that said they dont care cuz they wont live there.... shame for such comments...
I think that mr CJG's post has been seriously misconstrude and twisted into something completely opposite of what was intended...

Wifey here
You are absolutely correct.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I think you are confused.

The principles of democracy can be summed up as such:

1. All members are equal—they have equal rights and responsibilities.
2. The organization is run with impartiality and fairness. The rules are applied equally and fairly to all and not just a few. There is no favored group within the organization will get preferential treatment or who considers itself above the law.
3. Ideas come from the members and are presented to the assembly to decide upon. Everyone gets the right to present ideas, speak to these ideas, and vote on the ideas, not just a select group...
4. The majority rules but the rights of the minority and absent members are protected.
5. Everything is accomplished in the spirit of openness, not secrecy. Members have the right to know what is going on within the organization by attending meetings, inspecting the official records and receiving notices and reports form committees, officers, and boards.
6. Leaders come from the people through an election process which is fair and not slanted so a favored group can control the organization. When a leader's term of office ends, he or she returns to the people. A hierarchy of power doesn't exist; it is shared equally. All members have the right to be considered for office.

These basic principles are upheld through a constitution where they can be more specifically applied to things like religions etc. Having a State religion automatically excludes members of that society that do not share that religion and by omission are automatically oppressed. Sharia Law by democratic standards oppresses the rights and freedoms of women.

Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, scientology....they are all the same to me. Faith based beliefs should not be present in the affairs of government as they will most certainly be used to oppress others who do not share the belief of the ruling party.
Islamic laws do not dictate any form of suppression based on minority/ or gender/ or whatever - rather it treats all people equally. You may have described wrong practices of people or "governments" - but its not the law itself. You might want to research more about that prior to making a statement about what fits and what not.

Minorities suppression exists in today's western countries in many different forms ...yet they call themselves democratic.

Ahmedbaraka

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Thanks a lot madeincanada for your respond. Can you tell me what is b4 form and where can I find it. ?
I checked with britich Columbia department for license they told me egyptain license not working there for new immigrant. And here u told me he husband translated and he is able to drive with it for 60 days.